Pac 12 Championship - Oregon v Washington 7pm ABC

Sbbruin

Just now, Liquor and Poker said:

The winner of this game is in.  Loser? 2-loss Oregon is done. 1-loss Wash probably done but they have an argument-especially if it’s close.  Rematch game and only loss to playoff team. 

Exactly what I said in reply to his comment.   Lol

1 minute ago, Liquor and Poker said:

The winner of this game is in.  Loser? 2-loss Oregon is done. 1-loss Wash probably done but they have an argument-especially if it’s close.  Rematch game and only loss to playoff team. 

No, a 1 loss non champ Washington has no argument. No non champ has gotten in over a champ with an equal record. The only way a non champ gets in is if at least 2 of Texas, FSU, and Michigan gets upset. 

14 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Washington and Texas

image.thumb.jpeg.5d54ce7b07c30bd811357484cdc4c2ab.jpeg

I like our chances there. Could ESPN/ABC be more obvious about how much they love Oregon and Bo Nix. I’ve nothing against either but it’s pushed me over the edge to full on wanting Washington to beat their asses and Penix to get Heisman. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

There will be enough undefeated and 1 loss conference champions.  1 loss Washington is out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Wait so should I be rooting for Washington or does it really just not matter at all?

Doesn’t matter, so fuck Oregon imo.  I’d love for the huskies to expose Oregon and the committee’s asinine and inconsistent reasoning on oregon

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

i think keeping it simple is best.  esp since oregon is already above us currently.  let wash in. 

Good god people, we want Oregon to win. An undefeated conference champ locks up a spot. A 1 loss conference champ has a spot we could take. It is that simple. No non conference champ has even gotten in over a champ with an equal record. It is a real clear line for the playoff committee over the years. The more one loss or worse teams as conference champs, the better for us. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Probably not. But there is a small chance of it (especially if Alabama and Texas win). There is no chance of leaving a zero loss champ out. 
It's pretty simple in my mind. An Oregon win here doesn't help us at all. The committee is human and they will put a one loss last ever Pac12 champion over a one loss Big12 champion because the Big12 lives on and will have more chances in the future. I could be wrong, but that's the way I see it...especially with Oregon being ranked over us and Bama all season long.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Dahobbs said:

Good god people, we want Oregon to win. An undefeated conference champ locks up a spot. A 1 loss conference champ has a spot we could take. It is that simple. No non conference champ has even gotten in over a champ with an equal record. It is a real clear line for the playoff committee over the years. The more one loss or worse teams as conference champs, the better for us. 

Whoever wins this is in.  They already have both teams ranked ahead of Texas.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

No, a 1 loss non champ Washington has no argument. No non champ has gotten in over a champ with an equal record. The only way a non champ gets in is if at least 2 of Texas, FSU, and Michigan gets upset. 

Didn't Ohio St get in one year with 2 losses and not even win their conference?

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

I like our chances there. Could ESPN/ABC be more obvious about how much they love Oregon and Bo Nix. I’ve nothing against either but it’s pushed me over the edge to full on wanting Washington to beat their asses and Penix to get Heisman. 

Yep, ESPN/ABC has always pimped Oregon.  All hat and no cattle.  Thought ESPN/ABC was at their all time worst slobbering over Pete Carroll’s USC teams until Texas shut them up.  

• Hook 'Em 1