Choate to Nevada

Pancho

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Don’t get Helobious excited. He’s already 70 pages deep on 2025 247 looking for Hispanic names. 

Listen. Do not disparage Helo. 

As soon as he starts giving stock tips I know who to short and I will be rich. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Huh!!  I always thought the 14-18 hr days of coaching was caused by work load. But what do I know. 

Well Sark finished out Alabama's national championship run in 2021 before taking up being Texas HC full time.

But maybe being Nevada Head Coach is just much more time consuming than being the Texas Head Coach. You tell me since you seem to know exactly how coaching job transitions work.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You can do both. 

I don't think so. new head coach gig, you gotta get to work hiring staff, recruiting, etc.

Huge salute to Choate who took a demotion (but not a pay cut) to be part of Sark's staff, and really improved our LB play and talent while here.

10 minutes ago, Davis Lane said:

12-14-15-charlie-strong-cover.png

he's a great position coach, maybe even coordinator

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Well Sark finished out Alabama's national championship run in 2021 before taking up being Texas HC full time.

But maybe being Nevada Head Coach is just much more time consuming than being the Texas Head Coach. You tell me since you seem to know exactly how coaching job transitions work.

We didn’t hire Sark until after the bowl game (and pretty sure Bama had already won the semifinal). We didn’t hire him on December 3. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MrX said:

We didn’t hire Sark until after the bowl game (and pretty sure Bama had already won the semifinal). We didn’t hire him on December 3. 

Right. With the obvious agreement that he come here once Bama's season is over. And the only reason we didn't hire him until after the bowl game was because, you know, we had one. Nevada doesn't.

But I don't know why it wouldn't be the same deal.

I always said once Sark starts a coaching tree that means Texas is back at the top!! congrats!!! 

I trust Sark to make a good hire, remember when we lost Stan Drayton?? I think Sark made a pretty good hire as well as Marion.

i think we’ll be alright 

• Hook 'Em 1