MNC game at NRG Stadium tickets

markstanco

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

Getting mine through the Texans as my grandparents are investors.  Not sure how many I can get.  But if I have extras, I will offer them here at whatever I paid.

very generous of you to take me to the game as a bday gift !!

I'm truly moved 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I live in Houston and I might be priced out. I'll pay up to a grand for a ticket, but $1500+ for nosebleeds means I may head to a tailgate at NRG then drive home to watch on my 65" for free.

the texas bowl tailgate back in the day was great !

1 hour ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

It is 4k for the lower bowl right now, maybe 3k if you want a 10 yard line seat. 1.5-2k for a nosebleed in the upper deck. Are these seriously going to get more expensive from where they are now or have the prices already factored in Texas making the title game? 

I don't see them getting much cheaper with the game being in Houston and the teams at play. If Texas v Michigan is the matchup I'd certainly expect it to smash the all time ticket prices.

The fees are absurd now. I think the ticket resellers are making up for covid.

I looked up how much I paid last minute for 3 tickets to the Georgia Sugar Bowl and it was $31 a piece, $7.95 in fees for $100.95 total. And they were actually decent seats. 2010 Bama game I got 1 ticket at face. 2005 USC I got 1 ticket outside the stadium for $850. My seat was I think the second to last row in the end zone.

46 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Just for the sake of comparison, face value price range for Sugar Bowl tickets through LHF is $145-$500. Order form said TBD on prices for NCG but I’d imagine it’s 25-50% higher.

If I’m remembering right, the price ranges when I placed my order from UT were $200-$500 for the first round and $600-$1,700 for the championship game. I didn’t see an explanation of how or if you can choose within those price ranges, so I assume they’ll give the bigger donors the more expensive seats. 

A bit off topic, but some of you who don’t have a life might remember how the first year of the e-tickets, my account was hacked and someone stole my entire season ticket allotment. UT treated me (a 30+ year season ticket holder) like a scammer and made me jump through all kind of hoops for almost a week to get this corrected, including filing a police report.

Then this year, I downloaded my ISU tickets (from ISU Ticketmaster) to my Apple Wallet, and a few hours later, someone charged Seat Geek 14 times for ~$1,300 (>$18,000) for what were probably Taylor Swift tickets. UT has some business relationship with Seat Geek.

IMG-9945.png

I have changed all my login information, use an encrypted email, and a VPN, and I don’t have a payment method stored at UT (I had never used Seat Geek or Ticket Master except to download my ISU tickets).

I’m halfway expecting someone to steal my CFP tickets. That will be a fun fuckup to fix. 

2 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Just for the sake of comparison, face value price range for Sugar Bowl tickets through LHF is $145-$500. Order form said TBD on prices for NCG but I’d imagine it’s 25-50% higher.

$650-1700 was the price range given by the athletic dept when requesting seats. 

7 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Nose bleed face is $450 for ncg

I remember seeing a sign outside the rose bowl someone was holding up saying they had been scammed on a $2000 ticket. That game was fucking wild, even the Colt McCoy Rose Bowl wasn't that expensive.
First time Texas is back in a decade? I expect it to be VY priced.

I asked a random fan if I could see their tickets so I didn’t get scammed, and noticed the logo was inset on the ticket. I had about 3-4 scammers try to sell me counterfeit as well, the logo was either flat or raised. Plus they were dumb enough to offer 15-20 rows up from the field for $600.

Kicking myself for not taking a gamble after we beat Bama. Think I was looking in the 300's and tickets were in the 1K range. Curious what all of the fees would have been then.

I'd love the experience but I'll just eat better food, drink cheaper beer and donate more to the TOF.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

why are fees +35% of the asking price???  Are scalpers all in collusion to make it the same %?

Yes, $1800-$2000 is the lowest at this point.

Finally, wtf is "MNC"?  I thought we dropped the Mythical a long time ago. 

Ask Florida State. If it's still possible to go undefeated and not win it all then it's not a real playoff. I don't use it but that's why. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

I think the buyer technically pays the fees on all these reseller website. But yeah, it ultimately affects the price you’re gonna get for your tickets. 

I’m selling my Army tickets for the Navy game this Saturday (relocated back to Texas so can’t make it to Foxborough…Best Navy) and Ticketmaster also takes a fee from the seller so the resale sites are making money on both ends of the transaction 😡

• Rage+1 2

8 hours ago, cabowabo said:

I love the convenience of being able to buy a tickets off the secondary market and immediately having it on your phone. But the fees that these secondary sellers add to the purchase are fucking ridiculous. If you buy now, and Bama and Washington are the two teams left, you are going to lose your ass because you’re not gonna recover the absurd fees you dropped in the initial purchase, and the prices for the actual tickets will be lower than they are now. 

Fees are a fricken scam just like $40 plus parking.  The drug cartels should be proud of this racket   

Happy Music Video GIF by DJ Mustard

I used a sports package  to Pasadena when I went to the 2006 Rose Bowl NC and it was the best money I ever spent. Maybe I should look into it again for this game provided they have decent seats in the 600 section. If I'm going to pay over $2000 to go to this game, I might as well get a decent hotel for couple of nights. Hmmmm

And the shame is the high percentage of people that go to these games that don't really care about the game itself. They go mainly so they can take and post their FB, Instagram, etc. pic to show all their "friends" what ballers they are. That wasn't a thing in 06 and not really in 09. That's a big reason why the prices have gone bonkers for these events.

• Hook 'Em 3

51 minutes ago, mannewers said:

Kicking myself for not taking a gamble after we beat Bama. Think I was looking in the 300's and tickets were in the 1K range. Curious what all of the fees would have been then.

I'd love the experience but I'll just eat better food, drink cheaper beer and donate more to the TOF.

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

I live in Houston and I might be priced out. I'll pay up to a grand for a ticket, but $1500+ for nosebleeds means I may head to a tailgate at NRG then drive home to watch on my 65" for free.

Agree at first glance but in my mind I justify it by saying your team doesn’t play in a national championship very often, and doing so in the city you live in is very possibly a once in a lifetime thing.

So tickets may be north of $1k but if you compare against the cost of tickets and travel, meals, etc. to any potential future national championship game, which is also not guaranteed to ever happen, it feels like the cheapest opportunity that will ever be presented to see Texas play for a championship.
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

The fees are absurd now. I think the ticket resellers are making up for covid.
I looked up how much I paid last minute for 3 tickets to the Georgia Sugar Bowl and it was $31 a piece, $7.95 in fees for $100.95 total. And they were actually decent seats. 2010 Bama game I got 1 ticket at face. 2005 USC I got 1 ticket outside the stadium for $850. My seat was I think the second to last row in the end zone.

$850 in 2005 is worth $1,371 now so that actually sounds pretty comparable.

9 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Shhh

it’s not like TickPick doesn’t have a crap ton of fees, they just bake it all in to a single price so you dont feel violated at the final step when the checkout price is  ~30% higher because of the fees. (At least StubHub now let’s you toggle the setting on to show prices with fees)

But none of the sites include taxes until the very end. So for those of us in Texas, that’s another 8.25% that you don’t see until the final step. (And if we don’t make it and you happen to be fortunate to re-sell the tickets for a profit, Uncle Sam is coming for his cut and you’ll be paying come tax time based on whatever tax bracket you’re in)

(but all that said, a random sample of same seats on StubHub vs TickPick shows TickPick to be 6% cheaper than StubHub)

They in fact do not bake it in - sellers just adjust their price to be competitive there is no hidden fees if random baked in stuff. 

the issue is the ticket market is legitimately so fucked up that if prices sans fees are too low on tickpick the assholes who own the secondary market just buy them all up and repost them on the other sites. It should quite frankly be illegal. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

If the price were to go down, the 600 sections would for sure but would sections 300&100 go down much? I can get some for 1.8 in those areas with another 500 in fees though. So I’m looking at about 4-5k for 2. Which is crazy

I tried researching last years tickets and the high ones were 400-500 and the lower were 1-2k I believe. I know it doesn’t compare much since it’s in Houston this year. People on the internets ppl say to wait as long as you can to buy them. But the market will be different if it’s Texas in Texas.

Also if Texas doesn’t make it, I’m afraid I wouldn’t get my money back. I don’t mind losing out on a little but I don’t think it would be a little loss. Does Washington travel well? Do people openly root for Washington? Lulz. If it’s bama vs Washington the prices won’t be even close to what it is now. Michigan vs Washington will be a little higher but I don’t think near as what they are now.

12 hours ago, utexas8 said:

I already got a hotel those prices will jump quick too.

I checked the cfb rsvp didn’t know it was a thing until today. The rsvp for Texas and Michigan is 1.4k not including the 750 face value ticket.

Washington is only 150 and Alabama is 300. Tempted to buy the Alabama one since it’s cheaper than the Texas.

If you think Alabama beats Michigan this may be the way to go. Face +300 has got to be cheaper than whatever these will go for if Texas is actually in the game. 

If you think Alabama beats Michigan this may be the way to go. Face +300 has got to be cheaper than whatever these will go for if Texas is actually in the game. 

This is kind of where I’m leaning. It’s just sucks 2 scenarios have to happen. Alabama wins and Texas. I’d either be out $600 for 2 rsvps or a W with 2 tickets in the 100 sections for $2100 total for 2

I think Alabama beats Michigan. I don’t trust Michigan.

10 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

If I’m remembering right, the price ranges when I placed my order from UT were $200-$500 for the first round and $600-$1,700 for the championship game. I didn’t see an explanation of how or if you can choose within those price ranges, so I assume they’ll give the bigger donors the more expensive seats. 

8 hours ago, Etexhorn13 said:

$650-1700 was the price range given by the athletic dept when requesting seats. 

3 hours ago, bluto said:

Nose bleed face is $450 for ncg

Ok good to know, it only said TBD when I did my ticket application on Sunday. And yes, you have no say in the matter on which prices to apply for. LHF just fills them by priority order.

Edited by LonghornSean

13 hours ago, bluto said:

If Texas makes it the market is gonna be an absolute blood bath given location and either opponent. I snagged a cfp rsvp a few wks back and feeling like a genius right now. No way Texas appearance is below a grand

This is what I did and feel really good about it now.   My only concern is if the Foundation puts a minimum donation amount to qualify like they did for Bama.

1 hour ago, utexas8 said:

If the price were to go down, the 600 sections would for sure but would sections 300&100 go down much? I can get some for 1.8 in those areas with another 500 in fees though. So I’m looking at about 4-5k for 2. Which is crazy

I tried researching last years tickets and the high ones were 400-500 and the lower were 1-2k I believe. I know it doesn’t compare much since it’s in Houston this year. People on the internets ppl say to wait as long as you can to buy them. But the market will be different if it’s Texas in Texas.

Also if Texas doesn’t make it, I’m afraid I wouldn’t get my money back. I don’t mind losing out on a little but I don’t think it would be a little loss. Does Washington travel well? Do people openly root for Washington? Lulz. If it’s bama vs Washington the prices won’t be even close to what it is now. Michigan vs Washington will be a little higher but I don’t think near as what they are now.

This is where I think sports travel companies is the better way to get your ticket. You get hotel for 2 nights and the tix will be in the 600 section and the hotel is like a nice Hyatt for about the same money. I think I'll research the cos and then jump on it when we know we are in because these are not refundable.

Edited by burntorangebongos

7 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Fuck those prices. I'll try to get a media credential pass. 

My company is hosting an event for customers in a suite/club near the 50 yard line. 20-30 people is the range I was told for a shade north of $120k, which was finalized almost a month ago. Would imagine it’s 50% higher after last weekend.

I don't have the title to go if it’s UT vs Bama/UM. If Washington goes I’ll probably be forced to attend.

Edited by BeardIP

2 hours ago, cabowabo said:

And the shame is the high percentage of people that go to these games that don't really care about the game itself. They go mainly so they can take and post their FB, Instagram, etc. pic to show all their "friends" what ballers they are. That wasn't a thing in 06 and not really in 09. That's a big reason why the prices have gone bonkers for these events.

This.  I know multiple people that have the means but did not attend a single game this season (including 2 games local in Dallas) indicating they will go to championship game. 

2 hours ago, cabowabo said:

Brother you said it best. Hell back when we played at Jerry World for the 09 Big 12 title game tickets were pricey, but not like they are now. Social media is responsible for jacking up prices to sports events. 

One sad byproduct of the e-ticket is that you don't have a cool ticket stub to commemorate the event like in the past.  For the 2006 game, I have my ticket stub in a frame flanked by the front AAS front page on one side, and the AAS Sports page on the other side.  My 2009 game ticket is still in the neck lanyard hanging sadly off one of my other frames.  

$2000 per ticket for a national championship game that we win will be a great memory and probably worth it.  $2000 per ticket for a game that we lose is a gamble lost and ends up like my 2009 experience/memory.  It's all gamble in the end. 

Edited by cabowabo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

A bit off topic, but some of you who don’t have a life might remember how the first year of the e-tickets, my account was hacked and someone stole my entire season ticket allotment.

11 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Then this year, I downloaded my ISU tickets (from ISU Ticketmaster) to my Apple Wallet, and a few hours later, someone charged Seat Geek 14 times for ~$1,300 (>$18,000) for what were probably Taylor Swift tickets.

Every 30 seconds, someone in America is the victim of a cybercrime. That someone is ImissWallyPryor. 

• Rage+1 1