The Great Value Red River Shootout: Aggy vs. Okie Lite

markstanco

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

If we had Max Duggan in 2021 we could have pulled off a similar run. He had a near perfect season. We’re on a 19 year bowl streak. TCU has had 4 losing seasons in that time span. They’re a good program and they’ve out done our ceiling, so good for them, but we are positioned most years to get it done and hope the stars align like it did for TCU last year. We might never get over that hump but next year should be more consistent if nothing else. It’s been a fun ride.

Oklahoma State's over/under win total will be interesting.

I think it will be 8.5 and I'll probably hammer the under like I did with TCU this year at 7.5. That's just based on precedent for teams the following year based on the "luck" factor. 

But I can definitely see Oklahoma State being good next year based on the entire OL returning, some weapons at WR, and Gordon. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

24 minutes ago, 'stache said:

This year and in 2021 we found ways to win a lot of close games fighting through injuries, transfers, and other limitations. That’s the sign of a winning program. Gundy can coach. Aggy could do the same if they accepted their place and stopped pretending they’re in the blueblood class. But they’d rather chase 4 and 5 star players that Bama didn’t want and overpay coaches based on feelings. We passed them as a program years ago and they still think they’re special. Again, fuck aggy.

Congratulations. 10 wins is nothing to sneeze at. And you are a better program than Aggie.

Now, please prove in the future that the new Big 12 doesn't actually run through Lubbock (Mcguire at his Aggiesque best).

Nothing runs through Lubbock.

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I think it will be 8.5 and I'll probably hammer the under like I did with TCU this year at 7.5. That's just based on precedent for teams the following year based on the "luck" factor. 

But I can definitely see Oklahoma State being good next year based on the entire OL returning, some weapons at WR, and Gordon. 

I’ll take the over. Getting the OL back is good, but the difference will be depth. Every injury has hurt way too much in recent years. We need a legit two deep to make a serious run and we haven’t had that for a long ass time. That’s been our biggest hurdle. We also need a difference maker at QB. Sanders had his moments but hurt us in the games we needed to win to get over the hump. I love Bowman, he’s what we needed this year, but he’s very limited and pretty much a game manager. I hate that I hope his extra year gets denied. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Ollie was bottled up quite a bit and still got 100+ yards.  Needs to STFU and be the quiet assassin if he really wants to be remembered a notch below Barry.  

I also want to see Bowman move on, though I thank him for beating OU and that run for a 1st tonight where we went on to score.  However…time to pick a Flores/Rangel and roll with it.  

After that designed run for a TD, wouldn’t mind Gunnar hanging around as a JW Walsh type…our short yardage blows ass.  

Inexcusable to still have second level backs looking lost in coverage in a bowl game.  Also got no pressure up front.  Props to Aggy still having fragments of ‘the best class ever’ still playing hard, our dudes looked small and slow in many places, in comparison.  

Fucking announcing crew was so far up Aggy ass they saw ghosts of Reveille past…interviewing Homer for a third of a quarter, talking gotdamn national championships?  I expected ESPN to pimp gods gift to disappointment over us but shit, humping their leg raw got a little old.  

I’ve never seen a crew basically say ‘yeah they called a timeout over 30s ago but we just sorta forgot, whoopsie’.  Were they smoking the good shit with gundy at halftime?  Adding more time than the damn play clock?

Whatever, im with ‘Stache.  I can’t help any of y’all that weren’t entertained by that, my weird ass team with our fly ass coach that does shirtless, one handed pushups at half court brings color to college football…and beating Aggy should count for something around here.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

54 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Anyway I was hoping that A&M was so decimated and in such disarray that they would just get trounced by OSU. That didn't happen. The dregs of their #1 recruiting class and their Syracuse head coach was still good enough to respectably lose to Oklahoma State. Ah well.

Same, but it became clear that even A&M's dregs were bigger/stronger/faster than OSU. They really did recruit well under Jimbo, and that amount of talent is hard to hide...

...and yet they found a way to lose anyway. :D BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

In the aggy tradition of the next guy always being better than the current or last guy, the off season masturbating to the freshman QBs performance will be breathtaking.  
“show me a loss” with ring with deafening volume through their vacant hall of champions.  

I actually didn’t watch the game (was at work) but for a guy who didn’t start numbers weren’t bad. 

6 hours ago, Tired Horn said:

Congratulations. 10 wins is nothing to sneeze at. And you are a better program than Aggie.

Now, please prove in the future that the new Big 12 doesn't actually run through Lubbock (Mcguire at his Aggiesque best).

Nothing runs through Lubbock.

Dust runs through Lubbock

This game is perfect for aggy. Kept it close enough to feel good for next year and talking about the what if’s all off season. Rinse repeat next year. This sums up aggy in a nutshell, “we only lose by 8”, “if we had everyone and they didn’t portal we would have won by _____” “wait till next year when elko turns this team into a BYGAWD SEC powerhouse”. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

This game is perfect for aggy. Kept it close enough to feel good for next year and talking about the what if’s all off season. Rinse repeat next year. This sums up aggy in a nutshell, “we only lose by 8”, “if we had everyone and they didn’t portal we would have won by _____” “wait till next year when elko turns this team into a BYGAWD SEC powerhouse”. 

Did they give out a moral victory trophy? Because the aggy's were obviously the better team. 

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3434620

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

Holy shit.  Which is stronger in that thread: the sour grapes or the delusion?

There isn't a team in the Joke 12 that would finish in the top 5 of the SEC. They have been exposed.

Uh, let's think about that one loss your SEC champ has, and who gave it to them?

Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!

Edited by Bullneck
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Anyway I was hoping that A&M was so decimated and in such disarray that they would just get trounced by OSU. That didn't happen. The dregs of their #1 recruiting class and their Syracuse head coach was still good enough to respectably lose to Oklahoma State. Ah well.

But also facing Gundy is a good recipe for losing close

7 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

A true humiliation might have opened up some opportunities for us this off season. But hey, we win in the playoffs and maybe we take whatever we want anyway.

Thank you for beating OU and A&M this season Pokes. Good luck in your future endeavors.

The gift of aggy is hope springs eternal ergo the roller coaster MS paint in the Louvre was so clutch.  You need to keep some semblance of keeping hope alive plus when was the last time Oklahoma State manhandled anyone?  That's not Gundy's MO he usually either gets manhandled or fucks around just to the point of finding out but skirts away having tormented his opposition.

Aggy does need to produce commemorative "would of, should of, could of" cups. They could sell them every single year. Just a litany of excuses year over year.  I'll give them credit for at least playing in the game this year and not chickening out.

They need to make some that say Texas A&M: Running out of time since 1939.

Ollie Gordon is very unlikeable.  Glad our defense made him look like a bitch.

I think he is a little overrated.  The Tech running back is better than him.  And Brooks is a lot better.

Gordon had some monster games when they switched schemes.  Defenses then adjusted.  He has not been impressive his last 4-5 games, from the eye test.  And he is a bitch.

A true humiliation might have opened up some opportunities for us this off season. But hey, we win in the playoffs and maybe we take whatever we want anyway.
Thank you for beating OU and A&M this season Pokes. Good luck in your future endeavors.

You underestimate how shitty OSU can be, and was last night. Those were two bad football teams playing bad football.

This is how bad it was: aggy got beat from whistle to whistle…and I hardly enjoyed it, it was so boring and bad.

Shit, my old man is an old ag (a successful dad - don’t we all want our kids to do better than we did?), and he didn’t even watch the game. He asked me this morning “wait, didn’t the ags play in some tax bowl last night?” I told him yeah, they did, they lost, and he didn’t miss anything. He shrugged and nodded.
  • Like 1

Ollie Gordon is very unlikeable.  Glad our defense made him look like a bitch.
I think he is a little overrated.  The Tech running back is better than him.  And Brooks is a lot better.
Gordon had some monster games when they switched schemes.  Defenses then adjusted.  He has not been impressive his last 4-5 games, from the eye test.  And he is a bitch.
To be fair to Ollie he played against some piss poor defenses, but he didn't make the schedule. He was already crowned "best RB" before he ran into the brick wall named Sweat and Murphy. Oh, and we may have banged him up a bit, not enough time to heal before aggy.

10 minutes ago, El Squared said:

Ollie Gordon acted like he smoked the same batch of weed as Gundy last night. Slow and minimally active. Maybe saving himself for some NFL scout team role next year or the CFL.

The pokes all played like they did the Johnny 8-ball Bar Crawl on Washington Ave the night before.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It’s really more than that. We basically have everyone back except for Bowman (probably).  We’re also getting Stribling back from injury which is basically like pulling an elite receiver out of the portal.  The fact that spare parts like Leon Johnson and Rashad Owens were out there piling up 100-yard receiving games after Ollie got going really makes me wonder what kind of insane numbers Stribling would have put up in that stretch.  He will be a HUGE problem next year for teams stacking the box to stop Ollie.

I also am very bullish on defensive improvement next year.  For starters it will be year 2 of Nardo, and so there will just be some improvement based on having the same DC for two years in a row, which we haven’t had since 2020-21.  The biggest problem BY FAR with the defense this year was our freshmen safeties getting abused by any team with a competent downfield passing game. We kind of knew those guys were gonna take some lumps this year and once teams figured out they were easily confused they were picked on constantly.  Some of that will just improve year-over-year based on accumulated experience.

The biggest factor for OSU ceiling next year will be what happens with the QB situation. You know what your’e gonna get with Bowman, but we’ll see if we decide to try and pluck someone out of the portal or just roll with one of our young guys. Given everything around them (experienced OL, Ollie, experienced and deep WR corp) it would seem to be the ideal season to break in a young QB, but the normal “young QB” lumps could happen, but then also one of those guys (Flores maybe) could have a much higher ceiling than Bowman. We’ll see.

But on the other side of the equation, the schedule is fairly difficult.  We are stupidly playing South Dakota State for some reason (currently undefeated and about to play in the FCS championship game) and Arkansas in non-conference and we have road games in conference at K-State, BYU, Colorado, Baylor and TCU and home games with Arizona State, Utah, TTU and WVU.   We basically play every serious conference contender next year except Arizona.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, El Squared said:

Ollie Gordon acted like he smoked the same batch of weed as Gundy last night. Slow and minimally active. Maybe saving himself for some NFL scout team role next year or the CFL.

It wasn’t his best game to be sure, but I mean - he ran for 100+ yards against a stacked box and an entire defensive game plan designed to stop him.

You could see that in our approach as well - Bowman threw it 49 times (most attempts on the season). 

• Hook 'Em 1