2024 NFL Playoffs- Conference Championship Games

Sunday,  28JAN24

2PM( CST) Kansas City Chiefs @ Baltimore Ravens- on CBS/ Paramount

5:30PM( CST) Detroit Lions @ San Francisco 49ers- on FOX, FOX Deportes

NFL_playoff_bracket_2024_How_NFC_AFC_fie

That Kelce brother, shirtless, slamming Bud Lights in the freezing cold.  I don’t give a fuck about the NFL.  But put me down for the Chiefs to win straight up.  Plus my daughter likes seeing Taylor Swift on TV.  I’m also vaguely aware Baltimore has a team still and god bless Justin Tucker.  

• Hook 'Em 5

The Detroit Lions have agreed to a contract with veteran tight end Zach Ertz.

His addition comes after Lions tight end Brock Wright sustained a forearm injury in Detroit's 31-23 divisional round victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers . Wright's injury left Sam LaPorta as the only healthy tight end on the Lions' roster, and coach Dan Campbell said it didn't "look good" for Wright's availability for the NFC Championship Game on Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers.

The Lions also will likely be without starting guard Jonah Jackson for the game against the 49ers. Jackson underwent surgery for a slight meniscus tear. Jackson is expected to miss the NFC title game but could be back for the Super Bowl if the Lions advance. 

Ertz is expected to sign with the Lions' practice squad and then be elevated for the NFC title game. 

jus my threw on the tv for some background wand it was on espn and their nfl show. i caught the last 5-10 minutes of their show, and zero hyperbole, here’s what they said:

•you can’t rush four against lamar or he’ll kill you

•if you try to blitz lamar he will kill you

•the ravens are legitimately unstoppable

•the only team that can beat the ravens is the ravens

•if the chiefs win this game then patrick mahomes is the goat, because the ravens simply cannot be beaten 

so uh, i guess that’s it. no need to even play these games. the ravens have the 1999 rams offense, the ‘85 bears defense, devin hester at kick returner, and the greatest kicker of all time. ok well that part is true. seriously though, to hear espn tell it the ravens are about to win their next two games 100-0.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

If anyone can, it's the team with the best QB on earth playing for them.

Agree, I just don’t see it happening. Baltimore’s defense is so much better than that squad Buffalo sent out there yesterday. Their offense is better too. And Andrews should be back. 

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I hope the Ravens beat the fuck out of KC. 

Tired of hearing about those bitches even before Ironing board ass came along.

Quien?

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

I hope the Ravens beat the fuck out of KC. 

Tired of hearing about those bitches even before Ironing board ass came along.

Fair. And those who suffered their fandom with the chiefs since the early 80’s aren’t. Find something else on another channel, perhaps. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

jus my threw on the tv for some background wand it was on espn and their nfl show. i caught the last 5-10 minutes of their show, and zero hyperbole, here’s what they said:

•you can’t rush four against lamar or he’ll kill you

•if you try to blitz lamar he will kill you

•the ravens are legitimately unstoppable

•the only team that can beat the ravens is the ravens

•if the chiefs win this game then patrick mahomes is the goat, because the ravens simply cannot be beaten 

so uh, i guess that’s it. no need to even play these games. the ravens have the 1999 rams offense, the ‘85 bears defense, devin hester at kick returner, and the greatest kicker of all time. ok well that part is true. seriously though, to hear espn tell it the ravens are about to win their next two games 100-0.

So they're as unstoppable as the 2005 USC team. Got it.

• Hook 'Em 1

On one hand, I didn't think the Ravens looked that impressive against Houston. But on the other hand, they won with relative ease despite presumably not bringing their A game. I lean Chiefs but would never bet that game. I don't fully trust the Ravens yet.

The Lions might get a 49era bounceback game. I have no evidence, but it seems  when good teams get a real scare and survive, they come out unbeatable the next game. Lions feel like those 80s AFC teams that were fun and loveable and then just got pantsed when they faced a physical defense. 49ers secondary can be had though.

Chiefs 23 Ravens 20

49ers 34 Lions 20

Hoping for the exact opposite, though.

That Kelce brother, shirtless, slamming Bud Lights in the freezing cold.  I don’t give a fuck about the NFL.  But put me down for the Chiefs to win straight up.  Plus my daughter likes seeing Taylor Swift on TV.  I’m also vaguely aware Baltimore has a team still and god bless Justin Tucker.  

You know how I know you’re gay ?
  • Hook 'Em 1

This.  

Also, which team has the most Longhorns on it.  That's all I really give a shit about at this point in the NFL.  Because more Longhorns on big game TV, and eventually Super Bowl rings, the better for recruiting.  

• Hook 'Em 2

So Chiefs have Omenihu from Texas.  Ravens have Tucker and Duvernay.  Neither NFC team has a Longhorn on it.  So I guess, root for the AFC winner in the Super Bowl because some Longhorn(s) get a ring.  Otherwise, I'll be at HEB during the game when there's nothing but disgruntled MILF's in yoga pants shopping during the big game, who made need consoling or at least somebody to help them bend over to pick up dropped produce. 

16 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

This.  

Also, which team has the most Longhorns on it.  That's all I really give a shit about at this point in the NFL.  Because more Longhorns on big game TV, and eventually Super Bowl rings, the better for recruiting.  

Ravens. With two.

49ers are coached by one. So the NFC isn't completely Longhorn-free.

Edited by Rimbo

Oh yeah, forgot about Shannahan.  Well then they should beat Detroit.  

I remember year after year, Texas football sending out an email with a half dozen guys playing on Championship Sunday.  Good to see we’re getting multiple guys out there again.  And Phil Dawson can still kick balls if the Lion has the courage to do what’s right. 

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Oh yeah, forgot about Shannahan.  Well then they should beat Detroit.  

I remember year after year, Texas football sending out an email with a half dozen guys playing on Championship Sunday.  Good to see we’re getting multiple guys out there again.  And Phil Dawson can still kick balls if the Lion has the courage to do what’s right. 

How tf did I not know/remember Shannahan went to Texas. I feel stupid. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

44 minutes ago, immamac said:

How tf did I not know/remember Shannahan went to Texas. I feel stupid. 

He transferred here from Duke or Colorado, IIRC.  Caught a few clutch passes from what I remember, but didn't play much.  The original 'Corch on the Field.'  

Every year, since I don't follow the NFL at all, I have to remind myself that Longhorn Shannahan is the 49ers coach about this time because he gets his team deep into the playoffs every fucking year like a boss.  Got a cool story bro about him, Nate Boyer, and Colin Kaepernick (sp?), but don't want to get anybody butt-hurt on here.  But suffice to say Nate Boyer is an all-around fucking badass and terrific human being.  Deep-Snatch, I mean Deep-Snap forever! 

16 hours ago, YGIFS said:

So Chiefs have Omenihu from Texas.  Ravens have Tucker and Duvernay.  Neither NFC team has a Longhorn on it.  So I guess, root for the AFC winner in the Super Bowl because some Longhorn(s) get a ring.  Otherwise, I'll be at HEB during the game when there's nothing but disgruntled MILF's in yoga pants shopping during the big game, who made need consoling or at least somebody to help them bend over to pick up dropped produce. 

image.thumb.png.9e4dfbb9c91cde6c9fb8db3062325447.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, YGIFS said:

He transferred here from Duke or Colorado, IIRC.  Caught a few clutch passes from what I remember, but didn't play much.  The original 'Corch on the Field.'  

Every year, since I don't follow the NFL at all, I have to remind myself that Longhorn Shannahan is the 49ers coach about this time because he gets his team deep into the playoffs every fucking year like a boss.  Got a cool story bro about him, Nate Boyer, and Colin Kaepernick (sp?), but don't want to get anybody butt-hurt on here.  But suffice to say Nate Boyer is an all-around fucking badass and terrific human being.  Deep-Snatch, I mean Deep-Snap forever! 

Duke.  Went to high school in Colorado

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

SF isn’t the same without Deebo. If he can’t go I give the Lions a decent shot. 

Purdy is going to carve that Lions secondary up like a Thanksgiving turkey.  They stink.

No home field advantage, either.  

1 minute ago, Quagmire said:

No, because you liked a guy with his shirt off and Taylor swift .

Dude was having fun and my daughter was laughing at him and smiling because she saw Taylor on TV.  Sorry for enjoying being a Dad for a few minutes.  Show me on the Bud Light can where society hurt you.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1