2024 Presidential Election Thread

bolverk

3 hours ago, safe sex said:

You're correct about the obscenity of money in politics, but that's the game we've gotta play right now

And it’s the GOP who started it. Fucking Citizens United was an abomination.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He’s endorsed by Trump?

Would be easy to trick dotard into that.  CNN reporter: ‘We heard you didn’t endorse Biden’.  
‘fake news!!!! I gave Biden the biggest endorsement!’ 
There’s a very real chance it goes exactly like that.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

So Biden is raising $25 million today... more in a day than Trump has raised in a month:

https://apnews.com/article/democrats-election-2024-fundraiser-new-york-ebfbc81d3b70f38745ae00c7ce6a382d

A fundraiser for President Joe Biden on Thursday in New York City that also stars Barack Obama and Bill Clinton is raising a whopping $25 million, setting a record for the biggest haul for a political event, his campaign said.

Obama and Clinton are helping Biden expand his already significant cash advantage over Trump. Biden had $155 million in cash on hand through the end of February, compared with $37 million for Trump and his Save America political action committee.

The $25 million tally for the New York City event includes money from supporters who handed over cash in the weeks before the fundraiser for a chance to attend. It’s raising $5 million more than Trump raised during February.

I personally think that the money aspect in political campaigns is obscene and gross and seems to mean as much bragging about how much money UT athletics earns, but ground his ass into dust, Joe.

The rich will always win and the repubs are dumb and broke.

• Hook 'Em 2

Haha, that's Bateman, Will Arnett, and the guy that plays Larry David's lawyer in the current season of Curb.

Bateman looks like he's been hiking the AT.

I have no idea if this is legitimate and I’m not responding, so if this is legit and this is how they’re polling, I’m pretty certain I’m far from the only Biden supporter that isn’t being counted.

IMG_3180.jpeg

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Why does anyone still wear a necktie?

This bothers me to this day.  Neckties and the handshake.  I know they have deep roots but they are two of the dumbest, filthiest traditions in society.  

26 minutes ago, mdmost said:

To be fair, he was an international money launderer so he should he been in a foreign prison.  Also, one day...Eric Trump will look at this photo and pull a Will Arnett and quietly declare to a window, "I've made a huge mistake..."  

18 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm honestly a little amazed at how good his snark has gotten.  It's so refreshing to see him and the Dems push back a little, finally.

He’s already had good snark, if you’ve paid attention to him. Just gotta wade through the gaffes and he’s a funny dude 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I enjoy the snark because it always will elicit the stock MAGA response which is clutching of pearls and riding their high horse over how "a President shouldn't act that way" or "he makes these jokes but doesn't care about (insert latest alt-right internet outrage point)". 

• Hook 'Em 3

So you got three  Presidents in no neckties.  And then you have Bush and Carter hanging back in sweaters, cool...cool.  Then you've got former President Trump in a sublimely long necktie to over-compensate for his complete FUPA/mushshroom dick/lack of bulge.  Happy Easter, no simulation to see here!   

On 3/12/2024 at 3:19 PM, YGIFS said:

The Democratic Party would do well to create a video timeline with dates of the things Trump has claimed like a Facebook feed or something familiar.  Start with the airports at the Revolutionary War through his defeat of Obama in 2016 to his overturning of Roe when he wasn’t President to the pending Second World War.  

it would change any R votes to D.  But the idea is to keep humiliating that middle third of his voters so a few million just finally say “I just can’t with this fucking guy anymore.”

but anyway, I think it’s a decent idea and none of it would have to  be fake.  Though many would claim it was AI generated.  

we crack wise on here about being on the stupidest timeline every single day.  Let’s build out the actual chronological timeline based on the shit he says and watch heads implode.  

Just checking in to see if you did this or not.

• Like 1

Dude, I have the technological and editing prowess of a 1970's Laserdisc player.  I deserve all the guff, but you have to admit it'd be a clever idea if only to show these fucking morons how beyond bizarre his concept of time is.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm honestly a little amazed at how good his snark has gotten.  It's so refreshing to see him and the Dems push back a little, finally.

NYT-  “Are Biden and DNC’s increased use of sarcasm a sign of candidate insecurity?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Finally, saw a big-ass Trump 2024 flag in the wild, out by Conroe.  Was beginning to wonder if they existed. Of course, it was a total white trash place, and Trump would never have anything to do with the person who lived there.

28 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Finally, saw a big-ass Trump 2024 flag in the wild, out by Conroe.  Was beginning to wonder if they existed. Of course, it was a total white trash place, and Trump would never have anything to do with the person who lived there.

Estimated Trump flags seen from hwy on route from Austin to Port O’Connor:

2016: 23

2020: 18 (75% leftovers from 2016)

2024: 6 (4 of which are still up from 2016)

• Hook 'Em 6

On 3/29/2024 at 6:22 AM, hookem2010 said:

He's why I drink Hennessey to this day.

XK3OjsmbbMaW1HFWwIS0wm3ZwcXMkwFJQgejwh8Fwzw.jpg

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius
Age of Aquarius
Aquarius
Aquarius

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

10 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

Estimated Trump flags seen from hwy on route from Austin to Port O’Connor:

2016: 23

2020: 18 (75% leftovers from 2016)

2024: 6 (4 of which are still up from 2016)

I know a lot of people keep saying the Trumpkins are keeping their public support quiet, but they sure as hell weren't during 2016 and 2020.  They are the cross-fitters of the political world, and just like cross-fitters have to tell everybody they are into Crossfit, the Trumpkins wouldn't shut the fuck up about supporting Trump in 2016 and 2020, so I don't know why all of the sudden they would go quiet about it. I'm also not seeing MAGA hats like I used to.

While I'm sure I missed some signs of bigly Trump support between Austin and Conroe, it was still weird to see a big-ass Trump 2024 flag and I would have noticed Trump flags/signs had I seen them before Conroe.  In years past, I saw a lot more on that drive.  Shit, I wasn't even seeing big-ass Trump 2020 signs/flags.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1