Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

Damn didn’t realize he was actually changing the name of Twitter, thought it would be the holding company like Meta leaving the app name alone. I truly can’t wait to see this fiasco taught in business schools in 20 years as a cautionary tale. So what will tweets be called? Ex’s? Is tweeting now ex-ing?

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

Part 2

i want to see all of the slack chatter, leadership minus elon texts, etc, just everyone terrified of this giant man toddler trying hard not to say "HOLY FUCK NONE OF THIS IS READY THIS IS AMATEUR HOUR" as they prepare to endure another colossal embarassment

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I think it’s important to remember that Elon’s a child who isn’t trying to be successful with Twitter. 

To be clear, I don’t think he knows how to be successful with it, and that plays a role in his lack of trying. 

Now realize there were supposedly smart people willing to loan him hundreds of millions  of dollars to find this out.

Just now, Longhornsnus said:

Is it fun being miserable about everything, all the time? On some level it must feel good, like heroin or something.

Is it fun being a troll about everything, all the time? On some level it must feel good, like heroin or something. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NoName said:

Part 2

2 hours ago, Celery Man said:

i want to see all of the slack chatter, leadership minus elon texts, etc, just everyone terrified of this giant man toddler trying hard not to say "HOLY FUCK NONE OF THIS IS READY THIS IS AMATEUR HOUR" as they prepare to endure another colossal embarassment

Having owned/controlled Twitter for as long as he has, having publicly stated he wanted to make X happen, and in all that time not actually securing @X has got to be the most Elon Musk thing ever.

We know he’s just going to up and steal it from whoever has it, but still, this is just hilarious and pathetic.  I’m assuming business schools might start teaching about this in the fall, since it would be fascinating to have students follow such an implosion in real time.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

The problem is they have to immediately carry out the whims of a crazy person.  You can be good at your job and still look like an idiot when that's the case.

I feel like there's a 50/50 chance he's going to make them do something with domains that's going to fucking kill login/authentication and end up locking out everybody.

Like he's going to tell them "I want everybody logging in through X.com" and they are going to be like "Meme King, we have to transition all of the authentication/verification information over to X.com and fully test it over several weeks, and make sure that all of our current backups are tested and work" and he's going to go all Bill O'Reilly on them "FUCK IT WE'LL DO IT LIVE"

And then hours later Elmo will go into a rage when he can't login and start firing people, except he'll be locked out of his email so nobody will get fired.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Elon tries to make X.com work with a $15 billion dollar company he purchased for $44 billion, and he is doing it without owning any of the relevant trademarks, nor did he even have the actual twitter.com/@X account.

You Are Dumb Patrick Star GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

Let me get this straight

Before changing the name of a 17 year old company, he not only didn’t check his own website to see if the name handle was available, he also didn’t check to see if someone already owned the patent? 

And he paid PayPal a shitload of money 5-6 years ago for X.com, and they were probably happy to offload it given that they would have known other companies held the trademarks, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The words Twitter and Tweet have entered common vocabulary, so lets change it all up as a way to get more business. That makes absolutely zero sense. 

X is the most extreme letter. Literally no other thought went into it beyond that.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

I feel like there's a 50/50 chance he's going to make them do something with domains that's going to fucking kill login/authentication and end up locking out everybody.

Like he's going to tell them "I want everybody logging in through X.com" and they are going to be like "Meme King, we have to transition all of the authentication/verification information over to X.com and fully test it over several weeks, and make sure that all of our current backups are tested and work" and he's going to go all Bill O'Reilly on them "FUCK IT WE'LL DO IT LIVE"

And then hours later Elmo will go into a rage when he can't login and start firing people, except he'll be locked out of his email so nobody will get fired.

ur not a leet haxor if you’ve never broken prod, atom

its always sunny in philadelphia wildcard GIF

• Haha 5

Memo to the twitter staff about the rebrand

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/24/read-ceo-linda-yaccarinos-message-to-twitter-staff-about-the-rebrand-to-x.html

Twitter is undergoing a major rebrand after owner Elon Musk announced the platform would officially become “X” over the weekend, and CEO Linda Yaccarino addressed the change in a memo Monday that applauded employees for their hard work.

The transition from Twitter to X reflects a step toward Musk’s goal to turn the platform into what he has called an “everything app.” In the email to employees obtained by CNBC’s Sara Eisen, Yaccarino wrote that the company has “an inventor mindset” and enjoys “moving at the speed of light.”

Going forward, she wrote, X will continue to develop experiences in video, audio, messaging, banking and payments that will “delight” users. Yaccarino added that she and Musk plan to work across every team to keep the “entire community up to date.”

“Please don’t take this moment for granted,” Yaccarino wrote. “You’re writing history, and there’s no limit to our transformation. And everyone, is invited to build X with us.”

Memo:

Hi team,

What a momentous weekend. As I said yesterday, it’s extremely rare, whether it’s in life or in business, that you have the opportunity to make another big impression. That’s what we’re experiencing together, in real time. Take a moment to put it all into perspective.

17 years ago, Twitter made a lasting imprint on the world. The platform changed the speed at which people accessed information. It created a new dynamic for how people communicated, debated, and responded to things happening in the world. Twitter introduced a new way for people, public figures, and brands to build long lasting relationships. In one way or another, everyone here is a driving force in that change. But equally all our users and partners constantly challenged us to dream bigger, to innovate faster, and to fulfill our great potential.

With X we will go even further to transform the global town square — and impress the world all over again.

Our company uniquely has the drive to make this possible. Many companies say they want to move fast — but we enjoy moving at the speed of light, and when we do, that’s X. At our core, we have an inventor mindset -- constantly learning, testing out new approaches, changing to get it right and ultimately succeeding.

With X, we serve our entire community of users and customers by working tirelessly to preserve free expression and choice, create limitless interactivity, and create a marketplace that enables the economic success of all its participants.

The best news is we’re well underway. Everyone should be proud of the pace of innovation over the last nine months — from long form content, to creator monetization, and tremendous advancements in brand safety protections. Our usage is at an all time high and we’ll continue to delight our entire community with new experiences in audio, video, messaging, payments, banking — creating a global marketplace for ideas, goods, services, and opportunities.

Please don’t take this moment for granted. You’re writing history, and there’s no limit to our transformation. And everyone, is invited to build X with us.

Elon and I will be working across every team and partner to bring X to the world. That includes keeping our entire community up to date, ensuring that we all have the information we need to move forward.

Now, let’s go make that next big impression on the world, together.

Linda

Edited by atomheartbevo

30 minutes ago, NoName said:

Just to be clear, I don't follow this furry. The for you page thought I would find it relevant and guess what? I did!

Obviously this thread is mostly dunking on Elon, mostly by people who are happy to see his endeavors at Twitter fail, and sometimes whatever he’s doing is characterized through shit tinted glasses. But I just really don’t get how the story can be told that it was anythinf but incredibly fucking stupid to… spend $44bn on Twitter to do what this tweet sums up. Fire the staff, alienate the users, chase off the customers, remove the value, and fucking rebrand? You could hire any number of incels and people desperate for work visas in a way that would destroy much less value across all of your businesses and keep up the whole illusion. How does any of this make sense in a world where Elon Musk isn’t a dumbass?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

• blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?