Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

50 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Apparently, Elon didn't brush up on the Apple and Google Terms of Service for their respective app stores; apps that feature user generated content have to have the ability to block users.  Courtesy of some poster over on Macrumors:

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg(1).jpg.4c191c418ec2c34f13ae3dfa1baa26ec.jpg

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg.thumb.jpg.6c41726765a4ce65c08f15a32884f89b.jpg

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1692592664493904354?s=12&t=jepIaY3zAiVyYCJq36en9w

23 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I don’t know - a lot of his fanbois do not like being blocked, and he probably does not like being blocked since it’s his platform.  I bet he asks for an exemption, which won’t be granted, since this will be a harassment issue.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

But instead, the American Airlines corporate account is going to have to deal with a string of replies from MAGAsUPERpATRIOT59 about how the election was stolen by Bill Gates using 5G vaccine chips, and from GROYPERSROOL69 about how the airline is really run by (((leadership))) that is working in league to undermine the purity of the white race.

Which means there will soon be no American Airlines corporate account.

It’ll start with people claiming that American Airlines and the other airlines are part of the conspiracy claiming that the earth is a globe instead of flat.

Yaccarino is going to have ti try and get him to back down on this one, because it’s going to backfire spectacularly on him.  I still can’t believe he got away with reinstating the account of the dude posting child abuse stuff.  

"The median number of followers for all 153 million accounts following Musk is just one (1) single follower."

Of the 153,209,283 X accounts following Musk at the time the data was collected, around 42 percent of Musk's followers, or more than 65.3 million users, have zero followers on their own account. Just over 72 percent, or nearly 112 million, of these users following Musk have less than 10 followers on their account.

When it comes to content creation on the platform, more than 62.5 million Musk followers have zero tweets. This would include users who have deleted all of their tweets by the time this data was collected over the past few weeks as well as accounts that have never before tweeted. More than 100 million Musk followers have less than 10 tweets posted to their account.

Another very interesting detail from Musk's follower data is exactly when his followers created their accounts. Musk completed his acquisition of Twitter on October 27, 2022. Out of all of Musk's current followers, more than 25 percent, or 38.9 million, were created on or after that date. 

According to this latest collection of @ElonMusk follower data, only around 453,000 Musk followers or 0.3 percent subscribe to X Premium. Mashable reported earlier this week that there were around 830,000 X Premium subscribers in total based on another data set compiled by Brown.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Interesting ...

...looking into it.....

Also, is my memory faulty, or didn't Elon tell us he was going to solve Twitter's bot problem....and he sure didn't say he was going to rely on Twitter's bot problem for followers?  Or did I miss something important?  And is that important thing "Elon is an insane lying piece of shit?"

Just asking questions....

....I'll hang up and listen.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Chopper said:

According to this latest collection of @ElonMusk follower data, only around 453,000 Musk followers or 0.3 percent subscribe to X Premium. Mashable reported earlier this week that there were around 830,000 X Premium subscribers in total based on another data set compiled by Brown.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

I kind of want to see him go through with the X.com as a WeChat for America now just to see how ridiculous it will be.  “New rule on our stock trading platform effective immediately:  you’re only allowed to trade Tesla and crypto, nothing else.  Also, you’re only allowed to buy Tesla, but not sell.”

"You want to withdraw your money from the X.com financial services that are totally not a bank? Well, you'll have to withdraw it in crypto!"

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

"You want to withdraw your money from the X.com financial services that are totally not a bank? Well, you'll have to withdraw it in crypto!"

Whether it's that particularly arbitrary thing, or some other batshit arbitrary thing, you KNOW that there WILL BE some arbitrary thing(s) with respect to any Elon-driven finance app.

In short, only people who are breathtakingly stupid would ever, EVER put any of their money into bank/finance app run by Elon.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

No, there is not. It is all mind boggingly stupid.

Yep, and I would not be surprised if it came out that somebody did show him how many people are blocking him, and he would not understand why people block him.

He thought it was completely normal that everybody should see his tweets as a part of their feeds, even if they didn't follow him, as well as the "verified" people. I think he even did his laughing emoji at one point when somebody mentioned how everybody should see his tweets. 

28 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

ok so clearly the blocking feature is somehow expensive/causes resource problems, Elon stupidly thinks he can solve that problem by just removing the feature, and that is why they are now trying to say that akshually you don't need basic functionality

Or somebody told him how many people are blocking him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I'm totally not white-knighting for this doofus, but what IS the difference between muting and blocking? And if they delete blocking, I assume all the guys we blocked will show back up?

They can't see your content if you block them. They can see your content if you mute them. But it goes back to now you have to mute people you previously blocked which I'm sure is multiple harassers. So a huge pain in the ass for people who built up a sizeable list. Or like many things, it's something that worked for people so of course dumbass Elon has to f with it. And yes, it's probably a cost savings issue. 

• Hook 'Em 4

38 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I'm totally not white-knighting for this doofus, but what IS the difference between muting and blocking?

Unless Elmo changed it, muting somebody meant you weren’t unfollowing them (if you were following them) but you didn’t see their stuff (unless you wanted to look), and they still saw your stuff.  Keeps your feed clear of people whose posts you don’t want to see, but you still want them to see yours. They can reply to you, retweet, etc but you won’t see it.  

Allows you to follow a lot of people and get them to follow you, but you can still keep your feed manageable, and they can still DM you.  They also don’t know they are muted.

Blocking means they can’t see your stuff or interact with it unless they change accounts (which you can also then block). And they know you’ve blocked them.

They each have their uses and either Elmo once again thinks he has answers for problems that don’t exist, or he’s pissed at how  many people block him, or catturd2 complained to him.  Or maybe it really is hard on resources for some reason.   

38 minutes ago, Parliament said:

And if they delete blocking, I assume all the guys we blocked will show back up?

Yep. And with only muting around they can still reply and retweet your stuff.  

Some of that may have changed, I haven’t posted on twitter in a long time and just keep it for DMs from people who follow me (that I wish would move to Threads or Mastodon) and some people I follow.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Yep. And with only muting around they can still reply and retweet your stuff.  
Some of that may have changed, I haven’t posted on twitter in a long time and just keep it for DMs from people who follow me (that I wish would move to Threads or Mastodon) and some people I follow.  

Cool…so the American Airlines account can “mute” GROYPERMAGA69 so they can’t see his replies where he accuses them of being in league with (((soros))) to dilute the purity of the white race…but all of the potential customers who check out AA’s feed can still see it. Sounds brilliant.
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 7/28/2023 at 8:19 AM, atomheartbevo said:

At times it seemed he trusted random feedback more than the people in the room who spent their lives dedicated to tackling the problem at hand. I never figured out why and remain puzzled by it. 

This reminds me of some other narcissist.  I just can’t place who that might be. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

20 hours ago, The Dog said:

image.png.1d73f7f29833405d0b7bdc2a5270efc1.png

Apple and the googles will bend the knee on this just like they did with “apps can’t be a single letter” requirement.  For whatever reason, he gets a free pass on everything including not paying his rent.  Must be nice.  

But hey, at least I know all my kids and none of them hate me enough to “disown” me.  So suck on that, rocketboi mother fucker.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

"You're one of the most important people, James Woods."
Give me phrases that have never been said before for $500, Alex.

It’s an ecosystem of sycophantic morons circle-fellating each other, pausing only (and frequently) to give special attention to tonguing Elon’s asshole. It is at once horrifying, yet compelling drama.
I mean, it’s a world where Catturd, Laura Loomer, and James Wood are “leaders.” That’s like an alternate version of Charlie’s Angels with a cast of Rosie O’Donnell, Lena Dunham, and Sandra Bernhard. And millions of people think “yep, that’s the version of the show for me!”
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• He told James Woods to delete his account 
  • He blocked catturd2 for complaining about removing blocking
  • He’s gleefully blocking everybody who is complaining about the removal of blocking

And that’s all on Sunday morning.   So far.   

Stable Genius.  

Plus, he co-owns an important aerospace company.  

lisa simpson cuckoo GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, safe sex said:

Hilarious that he thinks people get as upset as he does by being blocked.

It would really be great if someone was able to communicate to him we all really just wish he would go away, so blocking people is actually doing them a favor

Twitter's CEO CTO has some thoughts he wants to share about the business. I wish someone would ask the new CEO how she's feeling about that job autonomy right about now.

image.thumb.png.67f51b9135b144f7ddf10c8bbbeb8bc2.png

Elon Musk appeared to admit that his $44 billion takeover of X could be doomed.

The owner of the platform formerly known as Twitter said Saturday that X "may fail."

"The sad truth is that there are no great 'social networks' right now," he said on X. "We may fail, as so many have predicted, but we will try our best to make there be at least one."
https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-admits-x-twitter-may-fail-predictions-2023-8

Meta launched its X rival called Threads on July 5 and quickly amassed more than 100 million signups, Time magazine reported, citing data from Sensor Tower.

However, six weeks later the platform's daily active user rate has plummeted from a peak of 44 million after Threads launched to about 10 million, data from Similarweb shows, per the report.

Musk's efforts to purge the platform of bots and turn it into a "super-app" don't yet appear to be working.

Mashable's Matt Binder found this week that about 42% of his followers on X had no followers themselves, meaning they could be bots.

Musk's post comes after he came under fire this week for saying he'll remove the blocking feature from the platform. Activist Monica Lewinsky urged him and CEO Linda Yaccarino to "rethink" the move.

"hey @elonmusk + @lindayaX …please rethink removing the block feature. as an anti-bullying activist (and target of harassment) i can assure you it's a critical tool to keep people safe online. - that woman," she wrote.

In May Fidelity wrote down the value of its stake in the company then still known as Twitter, giving it a value of about $15 billion – or just a third of what Musk paid, The Wall Street Journal Reported.

X didn't immediately respond to a request for comment from Insider, made outside normal working hours.

Edited by Chopper
link
  • Haha 1

On 8/18/2023 at 12:48 PM, Samson's Wig said:

I don't care if Zuckernerd has been in training, or whatever.  A fight between those two would just be a weak version of this:

At least half the people participating in matches that night have to be dead now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?