Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

If nobody in your life disagrees with you for decades, you too can become this stupid.

eh not JUST that. it's a wonderful cocktail of

• narcissist
  • tough family environment growing up (specifically w/r/t his father)
  • chasing the popularity he very clearly never had as a child
  • surrounded by yes men
  • decades of not sleeping enough
  • need for approval - and having to find it somewhere else other than the results of his companies over the last few years
  • recreational drug use (clearly this is ramping up over the last 12-24 months)
  • overuse of Ambien

all of those combined have led to some pretty clear mental health issues - which he has been told about multiple times by people, NOBODY is that proud of not going to therapy and never going to therapy without being told by many, many people they need therapy lol (also he has 100% been to therapy)

image.thumb.png.90f0bff94e39130ebc482315d4f6e853.png

the sleep thing is very real.

this is through the end of 2022 i believe.

6a00d8341e992c53ef0282e156fbc6200b-pi

dude is a 52 year old manchild chasing the approval he never got as a child, and becoming everything he hated growing up.

add in the fact he is clearly spiraling, can't focus to save his life (TSLA down 28% YTD, all the failures currently ongoing with SpaceX, the ongoing housefire that is TWTR, focusing on xAI over all of the above, stealing engineers from TSLA for TWTR and xAI, etc), and not making any changes that anyone can see and you have a guy who is STRUGGLING

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Apparently dipshit’s lawyer isn’t licensed to practice in Texas.

https://www.plainsite.org/dockets/download.html?id=329008827&z=1047ddc0

Yeah that's like the first 20 pages of the transcript, Musk's lawyer isn't licensed for Texas and didn't know any of Texas' rules and was to borrow a phrase, "deposition-shitting". From the first paragraph of the sanctions complaint:

Out-of-state attorney Alex Spiro brazenly engaged in unauthorized practice of law by
signing and preparing Musk's pleadings, showing up unannounced to defend Musk's
deposition with no authority to practice law in Texas, and drafting and serving subsequent
legal demands to Plaintiff. Even worse, Spiro's behavior in deposition was astonishingly
unprofessional, as he continually interrupted the deposition with commentary, gave
numerous improper instructions not to answer, berated opposing counsel, insulted
Plaintiff's claims, mocked counsel's questions, and generally acted in the most obnoxious
manner one could contemplate without crossing into parody. In doing so, he irreparably
disrupted the deposition, prevented relevant questioning relating to Plaintiff's TCPA
response, and demonstrated his disrespect for the sanctity of these proceedings.

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

That deposition legit reads like a Surly thread lol. It's fucking crazy, and is genuinely on the level of the Derka thread in terms of unhinged 

did they get into the size of Charlie Weiss's FUPA?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, NoName said:

im going to grab some of the comments from here

image.png.8ba977ef81206ef4d4f855e5eace8cb9.png

image.png.3eccbc31e466214ae16d92db28488f38.png

image.png.dcfc43d1b524cd48988bc8087ead581f.png

image.png.ca13180074b35c1ee14f67bb82cf352a.png

hey lawyers, how big of a deal is "unauthorized practice of law" in this case? is it any different if he's an actual lawyer elsewhere vs if i did it?

more funny stuff

image.png.4e90c4ffc7cd34aba202f9dbcd26382f.png

image.png.bc8647d2bbf4c16c3849991bfb7a0e9e.png

image.png.8752bc3dd8ae66fb4cdb6b64cf3b2f3d.png

+

image.png.190f4e8d1d53b07e1441b4f2918975ef.png

image.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

18 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

"As I have stated, I have many self-inflicted wounds. I'm destroying myself right now. I'm only tweeee years old!"

And yet despite his best attempts to self destruct, he's still out there leading major companies and actively making the world a shittier place.

Because there is no rock bottom for billionaires.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

That deposition….he is out of touch with reality.

That deposition seemed like Elon and his lawyer were trying to recreate a scene from Fear and Loathing.

5nm1bp.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

So at one point, Musk left the zoom when he wasn’t happy, then when they started to have a discussion about the confidentiality of the transcript and the court reporter asked if Elmo wanted to look over the transcript and sign odd on it and Musk/Musk’s attorney left so they couldn’t discuss it.

Elmo’s attorney kept getting mad that the plaintiff’s attorney was bringing up a rule a rule about what types of objections a defending lawyer can make and was trying to ignore it or argue over the plaintiff’s lawyer to drown it out.

Then there was this:

Okay. Have you used that quote before from the 2000 movie Gladiator, the "Are you not entertained? Is that not why you are here to describe your tweeting?

Elmo: In a joking way, but not in a serious way.

The chef’s kiss: 

Elmo: The - and going back to the sort of self-inflected wounds, the Kevlar shoes, I think there's - I've probably done - I may have done more to financially impair the company than to help it, but certainly I - - I do not guide my posts by what is financially beneficial but what I believe is interesting or important or entertaining to the public.

watching arrested development GIF

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Some of the comments:

I am interested in the fact that Musk had a lawyer there who was not admitted to practice in Texas, engaged in the unauthorized practice of law, interfering with the deposition. Surely that is sanctionable.

letting my client talk about running an alt account as a toddler then at the end going ahhh yes of course this will be confidential?

"you're even less competent than Alex Jones's attorneys" should be a career-ending insult

We need this:

bafkreiawp3ltwdjcmxemlk2prsrq7f6hnencmzk

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Some of the comments:

I am interested in the fact that Musk had a lawyer there who was not admitted to practice in Texas, engaged in the unauthorized practice of law, interfering with the deposition. Surely that is sanctionable.

letting my client talk about running an alt account as a toddler then at the end going ahhh yes of course this will be confidential?

"you're even less competent than Alex Jones's attorneys" should be a career-ending insult

We need this:

Yeah what's the hold up

24 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Some of the comments:

We need this:

18 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Yeah what's the hold up

The sanctions filing is a few posts up and was filed yesterday, and lays all that out across 162 pages

Huh so this case happens to also be in front of Judge Gamble in TX459, who also presided over the Jones defamation case. That's definitely a "home field" advantage for Bankston who probably has a pretty good working relationship with that court by now

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Huh so this case happens to also be in front of Judge Gamble in TX459, who also presided over the Jones defamation case. That's definitely a "home field" advantage for Bankston who probably has a pretty good working relationship with that court by now

If it's in Travis, it's not assigned to a particular judge in most cases. There are procedures for getting it assigned to a specific judge (either by request or by the Court's own motion), but the default is the next judge up hears the next setting. 

bafkreiepfewndlcg2nbjqrvjiwykf32gjkexo6crh3jzm5nbb3qg7arydq@jpeg

——
bafkreihkqugem7f2mdgbxjc6nc6dvgi5rsasysx6ukdafpgwdi4up2y3ca@jpeg

200.gif
Saying Alex Jones had more competent lawyers
bafkreibfzv6nhnenjus3g4jilgsgnzvqp3lyqmcxbhtnz3mu7msli3luiq@jpeg

So [mention=593]Brisketexan[/mention] [mention=248]TwiceHorn[/mention] [mention=656]Ghost of LL[/mention] [mention=185]South Austin[/mention] etc., was this incompetence, or was it deliberately trying to wreck the deposition?

Yes.

As in “both.” Some attorneys, often NY types, think that “I’ll be a demanding bully, which means I win” is a great strategy in Texas. It is not.
Gamble will not be amused.
  • Hook 'Em 3

And, it's kind of nutty to spring the idea of a confidential deposition when there are not any previous protective orders or other secrecy provisions.  

Because, unless you can claim some kind of surprise inquiry at the deposition, it's pretty hard to go back to the court and try to make discovery/depositions confidential after the fact.

Quinn Emmanuel is, overall, a super-competent firm like Susman Godfrey, meaning they rarely fuck up.  But this would seem to be a fuck up if they're serious or Musk is about keeping it confidential.  Quinn Emmanuel attorneys are frequently dicks, too.  Arrogant.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Some attorneys, often NY types, think that “I’ll be a demanding bully, which means I win” is a great strategy in Texas. It is not.
Gamble will not be amused.

He’s here a mere 40 years late. 

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Some of the comments:

We need this:

lol

• Hook 'Em 1

more shitting on cybertruck

adnnk4lqihtc1.png

thedrive: Tesla Cybertruck Gets Worse Towing Range Than Model X With the Same Trailer

https://www.thedrive.com/news/tesla-cybertruck-gets-worse-towing-range-than-model-x-with-the-same-trailer

Bowlus hooked this trailer up to a Model X AWD before dragging it down the highway, where EVs tend to perform poorly. Nevertheless, Bowlus claimed to achieve a 235-mile range on a charge, or 71% of the 330-mile range Tesla claims for the SUV. Naturally, you'd expect that the powerful Cybertruck—which more than doubles the Model X's 5,000-pound towing capacity at 11,000 lbs—would do considerably better. Right?

Well.

Bowlus linked the same trailer to a dual motor Cybertruck, and then sent it down a mix of highway and "rural" roads. Highway speeds disadvantage EVs, particularly ones shaped like the Cybertruck, so this represented a near best-case, real-world towing scenario for the pickup. Still, it didn't do well: Bowlus said it only got 160 miles of range, which is roughly in line with some of the better results the Cybertruck has achieved in other towing tests so far.

also this is absolutely the most Elon Musk story i've ever heard

image.thumb.png.06702ae2a355b51931533b806a6aee41.png

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, NoName said:

adnnk4lqihtc1.png

thedrive: Tesla Cybertruck Gets Worse Towing Range Than Model X With the Same Trailer

https://www.thedrive.com/news/tesla-cybertruck-gets-worse-towing-range-than-model-x-with-the-same-trailer

I’m assuming by the time he finally the big hand the other seats at the table had turned over multiple times, unless the game was filled with sycophants who were determined to let him “win” from the start

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I’m assuming by the time he finally the big hand the other seats at the table had turned over multiple times, unless the game was filled with sycophants who were determined to let him “win” from the start

googled and got some more info. didn't turn over, it was a friend's game.

https://davekarpf.substack.com/p/elon-musk-and-the-infinite-rebuy

[Max] Levchin was at a friend’s bachelor pad hanging out with Musk. Some people were playing a high-stakes game of Texas Hold ‘Em. Although Musk was not a card player, he pulled up to the table. “There were all these nerds and sharpsters who were good at memorizing cards and calculating odds,” Levchin says. “Elon just proceeded to go all in on every hand and lose. Then he would buy more chips and double down. Eventually, after losing many hands, he went all in and won. Then he said “Right, fine, I’m done.” It would be a theme in his life: avoid taking chips off the table; keep risking them.

Edited by NoName
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, NoName said:

googled and got some more info. didn't turn over, it was a friend's game.

https://davekarpf.substack.com/p/elon-musk-and-the-infinite-rebuy

Having a limitless bankroll relative to the table is not a strategy 

And picking up and leaving like that would have gotten him shot or beaten within an inch of his life at most high stakes house games not too many years ago. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Having a limitless bankroll relative to the table is not a strategy 

And picking up and leaving like that would have gotten him shot or beaten within an inch of his life at most high stakes house games not too many years ago. 

Oh it's a strategy. It's one we all wish we had access to. The ability to hemorrhage cash and just buy back in would be great.

The thing is that for anyone to try to frame this in the Thiel quote is just assinine.

1 hour ago, NoName said:

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, NoName said:

I think the most damning thing they say is their last paragraph:

The issue here isn't with the fact that electric trucks can't tow for long ranges. That's been well established already, and it doesn't diminish what these vehicles are good at. The point is that Tesla's ostensible workhorse, its most capable vehicle of all, was shown up by its own nine-year-old SUV. No matter how you feel about EVs, Tesla, or its increasingly unhinged CEO, one thing is clear: The Cybertruck isn't the paradigm-shifter the Model S was.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, NoName said:

adnnk4lqihtc1.png

From the linked towing article:

This weakness was discovered by luxury trailer manufacturer Bowlus. The company's CEO, Geneva Long, said in a LinkedIn post that the test involved Bowlus's Volterra trailer, a low-drag camper similar to an Airstream in shape. With a 17 kilowatt-hour LFP battery, solar panels, and the ability to give an emergency charge to an EV, it's exactly the kind of trailer a Cybertruck might want in place of Tesla's shabby popup tent. Provided they can justify the $310,000 it costs, that is.

$310K for that trailer?  No thanks. 

image.thumb.png.2d1c83c3c0945887f25cfb8c7473d387.png

• Hook 'Em 1