Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

21 hours ago, trza-hawk said:

On Monday night there was a football game that stopped short because a player was injured on the field. The video was shared on every social media platform, the story was everywhere just minutes after it happened. Twitter gives tons of exposure to the most awful accounts, like a handful of people who try to trick others into retweeting and reacting to them. Hot take artists, Hack doctors, political people who made veiled references to vaccine denial. Those are the people who were the "winners" on twitter over the past couple days. One of the big accounts had a couple million views in just a couple hours after the sports event. And this repeats every time something happens anywhere. Its an awful platform, the incentivizing structure, the exposure and views and retweets, the biggest gimmicks and scam artists wind up rising to the top.

The social network has a big problem with young people. I would go into it but younger people, especially ones with high internet iq or who understand what they read online, they just don't go to twitter.

I'm not exactly young and it's been a long, long time since I even pretended to check a twitter feed, much less just go to twitter to see what was trending (mostly morons arguing with morons). For me twitter exists strictly as embeds elsewhere and the occasional liking of a recruits tweet. I'd say I can't imagine the kind of weirdo who just "goes" to twitter but I absolutely can.

5 hours ago, Post Oak said:

That's me.  As long as I can throw some mulch in the back or our bikes or random lumber we need it's perfect for me.

I know there's a stigma around suburban dads and trucks but they're incredibly practical. You don't have to haul a livestock trailer or work in the trades to find a use for a fullsize truck.

Oh, you're not alone.  And I know they're useful.  I wasn't judging people who have trucks and use them for something.  We had an Expedition for years for the purpose of occasionally trailering our boat.  And it was useful as can be for hauling stuff around.  But as expensive as they were and gas was/is, it only was my daily driver for about a year before I made it a third car and picked up a well used mid sized sedan as my personal daily transport.  Eventually, we went back down to two cars (until Jr. started driving) consolidating my wife's car and the Expy into a mid sized SUV and have found that the right mid sized SUV is fine for medium range towing/hauling, and she doesn't feel like she's driving the QE2 around.  Notice I don't brag on the efficiency.  Her SUV, with a 6 cyl engine has the same hp/torque specs as the old 5.4 Ltr Expedition and for all of that, the mpg are about 1 better city and highway.  🥴

And with all of that said, there are plenty of people in my part of our lovely state (and presumably the state at large), who haven't put anything in the bed of their big-ass truck but bedliner. 

Edited by dcbc

4 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I'm not criticizing anyone that doesn't do "truck" things in their truck.  My criticism is they're priced in the luxury vehicle range, and they still have deficiencies for those that might want to haul a boat to the lake.   They'll for sure get there eventually, but I'm not ready to shell out an additional 20-30k over a similarly equipped ICE F150 to reduce my carbon footprint.  I care about the environment, but I'm certainly no 1%er.

This isn't directed directly at you, but it's really interesting the way truck bros are suddenly highly extremely with practicality and frugality when it comes to electric vehicles. Like 80% of cars on the road are luxuries/status symbols that could be purchased much cheaper for the utility they provide.  

3 hours ago, DixonHur said:

I've always thought the Tesla truck looked like what would have happened had Delorean come out with a pick-up back in the 80's.  I'd rather have a Rivian.

R1T-9_nuf4dp.png

Saw my first Rivian truck in the wild yesterday.  I really don't know much about them, but it surprised me how small it was.  Not suggesting it is too small or impractical; I had just assumed it was roughly the size of an F150 or something like that.

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Saw my first Rivian truck in the wild yesterday.  I really don't know much about them, but it surprised me how small it was.  Not suggesting it is too small or impractical; I had just assumed it was roughly the size of an F150 or something like that.

$80k mulch delivery vehicle.  

Ram concept at ces actually looks great. Makes the tesla truck look like something my kid would draw. 

I've anyways been in the camp that whet actual car manufacturers take ev seriously, masks tech company that happens to build cars would be dead. Maybe. Maybe not. I still vote fraud. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

This was like $150 or so, full R/C

s-l1600.jpg

fb27fc18c95264123f02a196ae2e0330.jpg

Is that the Bro-Brat version?

5 hours ago, DixonHur said:

I've always thought the Tesla truck looked like what would have happened had Delorean come out with a pick-up back in the 80's.  I'd rather have a Rivian.

I think it is just a Delorean with the rear hatch removed

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I've seen several here in the Denver area. I was shocked that I saw a Polestar at my kid's daycare.

Edited by Schulz2.0

36 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Russian tanks do seem like death traps. Have to look out for drone grenades and HIMARS

Russian tanks are designed, built and maintained very poorly. They're also apparently out cruising the countryside on their own, with no supporting infantry. The vulnerability of RU's tanks in the wild is unrelated to the tank overall as a viable weapon. Perhaps you didn't notice UKR's excitement this week with the latest batch of new weapons announcements to come from FR, US and DE?

None of that has a thing to do with the nonsense Elron's spouting. He's simply an ignorant fuck. The viability and usefulness of tanks has been discussed at length in recent months by, ya know, actual military experts because there have been so many videos of RU tanks being blown to smithereens. 

Edited by Chopper
typo
  • Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Russian tanks are designed, built and maintained very poorly. They're also apparently out cruising the countryside on their own, with no supporting infantry. The vulnerability of RU's tanks in the wild is unrelated to the tank overall as a viable weapon. Perhaps you didn't notice UKR's excitement this week with the latest batch of new weapons announcements to come from FR, US and DE?

None of that has a thing to do with the nonsense Elron's spouting. He's simply an ignorant fuck. The viability and usefulness of tanks has been discussed at length in recent months by, ya know, actual military experts because there have been so many videos of RU tanks being blown to smithereens. 

Yeah my comment was a little tongue in cheek referencing how much equipment Russia has lost in the war. Elon is a fucking moron

• Hook 'Em 1

Also the dude he's responding to, Richard Garriott, is the former gaming company founder who owns (or owned) the large pink estate with an observatory on City Park Rd. Between him and elron, not a day of military service. Just pretending he's a military hero in a video game, and now each thinks they have a clue. Although tbf to Richard he at least gave an indication that he was unsure. But elron went in full bore with his full ignorance on display. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

They could easily slap something like this on a Tesla chassis and plenty of businesses would buy one.  They could even boost the range a bit with more batteries.

887162eb-f9d7-466a-9627-b20d2e40ed81.png
But that’s not sexy and futurey-looking.

We are too smart to do the smart thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

They could easily slap something like this on a Tesla chassis and plenty of businesses would buy one.  They could even boost the range a bit with more batteries.
887162eb-f9d7-466a-9627-b20d2e40ed81.png
But that’s not sexy and futurey-looking.

Rivian built it for Amazon. Doug Demuro has a tour of it on his YouTube channel. It’s really cool for a delivery van. One thing that made it work was that Amazon only needed 100 miles of range when fully loaded down. That made batteries viable for short distance delivery since it can fully charge every night.
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Rivian built it for Amazon. Doug Demuro has a tour of it on his YouTube channel. It’s really cool for a delivery van. One thing that made it work was that Amazon only needed 100 miles of range when fully loaded down. That made batteries viable for short distance delivery since it can fully charge every night.

I take it they're using electricity to recharge and not a solar array with battery storage?

22 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

He could have his designers create a Subaru Brat-style body or an old-school 1990s Ford Ranger-sized body, or even a Honda Element-like body and drop it on a Tesla chassis and plenty of us would buy it, as would plenty of companies within urban areas that need a light delivery vehicle.  And when I saw Brat or 1990s Ranger, I mean a single cab that holds 2-3 people, not that dual-cab bullshit that eats into the truck bed/cargo area.

1980s kid me wanted one of these so fucking bad.  Closest I came was a Tamiya 1/10 RC version.

Was the Brat the one with seats in the bed?  Always imagined what an accident would be like

image.gif.32ee495490e9e780cbae66f6dabdb0b4.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

WWI?

image.gif.e1f20fd9d619a723b7cbbc549a5069e7.gif

Elon is Qanon-lite right now, but don't be surprised when he starts responding to batshit comments about the US building biological warfare labs on the border between Ukraine and Russia with "Interesting" or "Somebody should look into that" or "that explains a lot" or "Russia has the right to defend itself from such weapons".

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Elon is Qanon-lite right now, but don't be surprised when he starts responding to batshit comments about the US building biological warfare labs on the border between Ukraine and Russia with "Interesting" or "Somebody should look into that" or "that explains a lot" or "Russia has the right to defend itself from such weapons".

I can picture Elon tweeting a lot of thinking or monocle emojis to comments like this instead of saying something outright. This allows him to keep the DoD off his ass when it comes to the next round of Starlink and SpaceX contracts since he technically didn't say anything specific about the US.

• Like 1

The shareholder lawsuit stems from Musk’s tweets in August 2018 when he said he had sufficient financing to take Tesla private at $420 a share — an announcement that caused heavy volatility in Tesla’s share price.

In a victory for the shareholders last spring, Judge Edward Chen ruled that Musk’s tweets were false and reckless.

If moving the trial isn’t possible, Musk’s lawyers want it postponed until negative publicity regarding the billionaire’s purchase of Twitter has died down.

https://apnews.com/article/elon-musk-technology-austin-san-francisco-business-91117a5a281927b4e3511e6244b78372

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

i think this is old, rolled out in early Dec - it's more expensive if you are on iOS specifically, which i am pretty sure is illegal based on how Apple has gone after other companies who have done the same thing?

one of the Elon stans replied:

and per usual doesn't tell the whole story. Google Play store also takes the 30% cut.

also per usual, Elon should have just charged $11 per month across the board but guessing that the money people said there is a huge difference in peoples minds for paying under $10 vs over $10

Edited by NoName

On 1/6/2023 at 4:26 PM, DixonHur said:

R1T-9_nuf4dp.png

On 1/6/2023 at 8:22 PM, Francisco 2.0 said:

Came here to post the same thing about the Rivian. I like them, and I've seen quite a few in the wild in Houston, but they ARE small. Noticably small. They're basically the size of the new Ford Rangers that just got a re-design. I'm not necessarily a truck guy, although I'm sure at some point I might own one, but Rivians need to be about 20-30% bigger to be about the size of an F-150. 

8 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Thread

Considering you can’t prevent someone from testifying truthfully in a future matter if compelled, not sure how enforceable that part really is.

Of course with these things it’s more about being able to sue/harass any former employee for perceived violation of the agreement than it is about whether a judge will determine a clause to be out of bounds. Also I’m pretty sure their in house employment attorneys are fired or just ignored. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yep.  I'm not really in the market for a new set of wheels, but I looked at the Lightning as a possibility.  Bottom line: when it comes to a heavy duty vehicle of any sort (that is, something that will carry/haul heavy loads, go offroad, be used in remote places, etc), all-electric just isn't a viable option.  Electric engines are awesome -- great acceleration, amazing torque.  They just suck more energy than can be provided with on-board power sources right now, at least in the situations I laid out.  Some sort of very efficient hybrid is the best option in the near term.  I'm absolutely willing to spend a chunk more to reduce my environmental footprint, and would rather have a cooler all-electric engine, but need something that can run on gasoline when needed because I can't charge a truck when I'm out in the sticks, and I don't want to stop to charge it 3 times as I haul a boat to the coast.

Long way up.

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?