Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

1 hour ago, Deej said:

What is this Great American Bake Off crap? Paul Hollywood, Baby Spice, an American host and judge. Still takes place in England with American contestants. Really odd.

If you disparage Baby Spice in any fashion I will be forced to deal with you in an agreed upon internet duel.

You've been warned sir

On 12/8/2018 at 11:47 AM, Post Oak said:

My wife watches this.  I'll ask for a report.  

Watched with my wife and I will never get that time back again.  Fat acceptance, drag queens and Jennifer Anniston don’t go together.  It was like an after school special and was  just awful.

Happy is finally on Netflix.  SyFy show, fairly twisted, dude from Law and Order plays an alcoholic former cop turned hitman whose daughter gets nabbed by a... schizo Santa, teams up with her imaginary friend (Patton Oswalt) to find her, organized crime is involved (featuring Patrick Fischler as a sadistic killer/interrogator)... it's probably about a B- but is one of the few shows I've half watched, let sit for a long time, and gone back and finished.  Glad I did, will watch the next season.  Which may be about to start.

18 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Triple Frontier (trailer just played during Rams game) looks promising.  Great cast - Affleck, Isaac, Hedlund, Pascal, Hunnam

Yeah, this looks great.  Fantastic cast (80% at least ... we'll see about Affleck).

Edited by Amos Moses
typo

On 12/6/2018 at 10:37 AM, Pescado_Rojo said:

Anyone watching Frontier? Cool concept, but the 6 episode seasons piss me off. 

Yep. I like it - nice and violent, entertaining, hot chicks, though not enough of them show their jumblies, and I don't have to deep think about it. Just entertaining, but well done, too, as far as sets, costumes, etc.

5 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Affleck has come a long way since Armageddon and Pearl Harbor if that is what you are holding against him.  His fastball is as good as any of those guys.

Still got a bad taste in my mouth from his Batman travshamockery.  I'm sure he'll be fine to good in this, and the performance of the other four probably upped his game.

Bad Blood is fucking terrible. Basically stretches out every tired mafia cliche for way too long.

I thought that as well. Love anything mafia related but my first impression was “they are going down a cliche checklist”

Also the cast was full of B and C listers and it showed...I still watched it all but didn’t live up to its potential

On 12/11/2018 at 10:18 AM, kevwun said:

Damn, The Last Kingdom made a big leap forward in quality this season.  Losing the actor playing Alfred is going to hurt some going forward though as he is excellent.  The actor playing Edward, not so much.

Alfred was the best actor on the show.  There's gonna be a huge hole to fill

Don't know if its been mentioned on here but I just recently started watching I Am A Killer.  Each episode tells the story of a convicted killer on death row through their eyes and those around them.  They have interviews with the killer themselves as well as interviews with their families, attorneys, friends, former cellmates, etc. and it's very interesting to hear their stories and see what brought them to that point and how it's affected those around them 

On 12/9/2018 at 8:12 PM, Celery Man said:

Happy is finally on Netflix.  SyFy show, fairly twisted, dude from Law and Order plays an alcoholic former cop turned hitman whose daughter gets nabbed by a... schizo Santa, teams up with her imaginary friend (Patton Oswalt) to find her, organized crime is involved (featuring Patrick Fischler as a sadistic killer/interrogator)... it's probably about a B- but is one of the few shows I've half watched, let sit for a long time, and gone back and finished.  Glad I did, will watch the next season.  Which may be about to start.

For a show that features Patton oswalt voicing a cartoon unicorn, this is a really grimy show. Meloni is great. 

19 minutes ago, drifter379 said:

Was very underwhelmed with outlaw king.

Wasn't there another Robert the Bruce thing on Netflix? Like a 3 part series? I can't seem to find it.

Outlaw King was just ok for me.  The other one you're thinking of comes out in the spring I think 

• Like 1

A Users Guide to Cheating Death 

I like it. Examines all the bullshit humans do to try to be healthier, younger, more attractive, etc. From fad diets, to exercises, cryotherapy, organic foods, gluten free, and more. Fun to see how science really does not support most of it, but it’s also interesting to see how and why humans try to feel better about themselves and the wold they live in. You will laugh at how other people are idiots, and then it will cover something you have done before or still do.