Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

On 1/3/2019 at 3:40 PM, MissingInAction said:

#nevertrustwilliemack

I really enjoyed Bandersnatch and hope this starts a whole new genre of online entertainment. 

Hide contents

The point where you pick netflix then get to pick "fuck yea" for more action was a great twist.

They’ve got a bunch of choose your adventure shows for kids, including some Minecraft ones. 

Troy, Fall of a City.   Excellent so far.    A lot of details that were omitted from the different movies based on the Illiad. 

Does it actually include the Greek gods? Even though I liked the Pitt "Troy", that was my biggest beef with that movie- just ignoring that whole part of the Illiad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

Does it actually include the Greek gods? Even though I liked the Pitt "Troy", that was my biggest beef with that movie- just ignoring that whole part of the Illiad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes it does, and it fleshes out a lot of the side stories with the main characters and their gods, coming to grips with things they do to appease their gods.  A lot of character changes over the duration of the whole event.  It's like 8 episodes for the first season.

With so much good programming on, it's not hard to miss something.  Just so much time in a day.  What is annoying is this quality of writing, work, etc has been around for a long time, but we had to take whatever hollywood and the big 3 television networks thought we needed.  How much time wasted watching repetitive sitcoms.  We just didn't know better, didn't know what quality was. 

Han Solo is now free on netflix.

Watched it last night.  Lotsa shoot em up, cowboy action.  Liked how he met Chewie( not familiar with canon, so don't hammer me...I just took in the story as told.)

Did have one question, as they used the "wookie is in handcuffs/ is a prisoner" ruse in this movie; then why did Chewie get all pissy when Luke wanted to use the same play in ANH?

Anyone watching tidying up with Marie Kondo? We're on episode 2. What a mess this house is. We've got some unpacking to do with our not so much important stuff after moving in last month which I'm sure we'll adopt some of her methods

That said she can come off cringeworthy since she hardly speaks a english and everything about her is perfect.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2018 at 6:41 PM, ernest_t_bass said:

I enjoyed Hill House, and I didn't mind the ending. 

The ending killed what was a great show to that point.

Very much enjoying The Kominsky Method- 4 episodes in.  Both Douglas and Arkin are great.

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Like 2

Han Solo is now free on netflix.

Watched it last night.  Lotsa shoot em up, cowboy action.  Liked how he met Chewie( not familiar with canon, so don't hammer me...I just took in the story as told.)

Did have one question, as they used the "wookie is in handcuffs/ is a prisoner" ruse in this movie; then why did Chewie get all pissy when Luke wanted to use the same play in ANH?

Watching now!

Just got done watching “perfume”. It’s a murder mystery shot in German and dubbed over in English. About a string of murders that circle around this group of friends who became obsessed with smell and scents. I would say it’s a solid watch, only 6 episodes so not too long. Liked the twists and turns, need subtitles, but didn’t love the actual ending. I would give it a 7.