Movies you're ashamed to admit that you enjoy

Mo Horn

This is a circle of trust, right? Yes you get to see Dakota Johnson naked, but besides that there are no redeeming qualities in them.  But, I like the Fifty Shades movies. They're not good movies, and I'm ashamed to admit that I get stuck on them whenever I come across them when I'm channel surfing. I deserve and negs and derision given. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

This is a circle of trust, right? Yes you get to see Dakota Johnson naked, but besides that there are no redeeming qualities in them.  But, I like the Fifty Shades movies. They're not good movies, and I'm ashamed to admit that I get stuck on them whenever I come across them when I'm channel surfing. I deserve and negs and derision given. 

Fifty shades ain’t bad. Better than twilight 

Step Up Revolution. It's a terrible movie with stupid characters, but it is absolutely hilarious to watch these completely unrealistic people come together and pull off the most insane dance sequence mobs.  It's like a kid friendly version of Fast and Furious where the crazy underground car racing scenes and rivalries are replaced with spontaneous dancing. Just look at this shit:

You know, my answer to this used to be Armageddon. But I tried watching that a few years or so ago and made it about 20 minutes. It's awful.

I guess that belongs in the "movies you used to be ashamed to admit that you like but now you find them to be garbage" thread.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Felix said:

Man of the House.  It's not great, but it still makes me laugh and entertains me.

Same, same. "Where's your happy faaaaaace?"

Leap Year with Matthew Goode and Amy Adams, supporting cast includes Adam Scott and John Lithgow. It also makes me laugh, the premise is far fetched but two good actors that just went with it and made something with it.

3 hours ago, Classic Rock said:

Steel Magnolias

Pretty damn funny scenes. The Drum v. Ouiser rivalry is great. M’Lynn’s grief is so raw and real. Sally Field is an amazing actress. Also peak Julia Robert’s hotness. 

I always group Steel Magnolias and Terms of Endearment together because of Shirley MacLaine and the mother-daughter dynamic. A terrific movie shot in Houston in the 80s. Peak Jack Nicholson charm. The lunch scene at Brennan’s is a personal favorite of mine. Also I like Debra Winger. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TankedBevo said:

The Muppets take Manhattan. It is absurdly hilarious 

You should be ashamed that you put any Muppets movie on this list. 

7 minutes ago, locodos said:

Top Secret

what’s wrong with some of you people putting good movies on here?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2