2024 NCAA Tournament - First Round Games - Thurs/Fri

Pancho

Posted (edited)

Zags as the lower seed (albeit 1) favored by 4.5.

I find it somewhat interesting that UNC is the lowest favorite (-3.5) of Saturday’s games.

we’re 6.5 dogs but nice we get the primetime (7pm) tip on CBS

Edited by UTexasFight

8 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Totally unreasonable that the call can't be reviewed. 

8 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Samford got screwed

8 hours ago, Stringer said:

That sucks so bad for them. What an unbelievable play.

8 hours ago, Stringer said:

They need to be able to review that call. The NBA does it with Coach’s Challenges

8 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

lol refs with the anticipation foul to kill a mid major tourney hopes

Just saw the highlight of the play. That was terrible. Totally an anticipatory call. Awful.

I also just read that Calipari talked after the game about how hard it is for his 19-year old four & five star recruits to play against 24- & 25-year old men from schools like Oakland.

7 hours ago, pops said:

21 for Samford is one of my best friends kid. I've known that kid since he was 8 years old. To get fucked on a call like that is heartbreaking. God damn it. 

He was really fun to watch running that system. Sickening that we didn’t get to see the last ten seconds play out with no call. Fuck Kansas.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Zags as the lower seed (albeit 1) favored by 4.5.

I find it somewhat interesting that UNC is the lowest favorite (-3.5) of Saturday’s games.

we’re 6.5 dogs but nice we get the primetime (7pm) tip on CBS

just like CBS/NCAA wanted it with the Barnes/Texas angle.  would be nice to get to the 2nd weekend.

5 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Just saw the highlight of the play. That was terrible. Totally an anticipatory call. Awful.

I also just read that Calipari talked after the game about how hard it is for his 19-year old four & five star recruits to play against 24- & 25-year old men from schools like Oakland.

He's not wrong but that's his fault. Maybe he should recruit more transfers and adapt. 

9 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

No one throws their players under the bus better than Calipari.

$33million buyout. 

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

It's true. He's right about that. But, we all knew that. He has known that for some time now. You have to bring in some older players so that you can actually compete for championships. UConn just completely rebuilt their team in one year, that is the model to follow.

But if Calipari did that he couldn't brag about how great of a recruiter he is. That's his only bit at this point. How about we try becoming a great coach, coach. How about we stop bragging about how much your players make playing in the NBA. Kentucky doesn't employ you to get guys drafted and make money. They pay you to win at Kentucky.

• Hook 'Em 1

Last year, the NCAA delighted in disrespecting Aggy for daring to question the system. 

They deserved a 5-seed

They were punished with a 7-seed.

Then they lost to a 10-seed who was probably given secret instructions to really play dirty. 

I'm a Longhorn fan, but someone really needs to file a Freedom of Information. 

Texags-Gold-FOI.jpg

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Totally unreasonable that the call can't be reviewed. 

Come on, reviews have to be dedicated to things like changing the game clock from 29.2 seconds to 29.4.   No way they can review game-deciding calls that look suspect.

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 3

• Pancho unpinned this topic