Texas (+6.5) vs Tennessee - Saturday at 7pm on CBS

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

Games like this are maddening. You realize that any micron of better execution along the way would have given you a win. But at least we didn't fold. 

yes and no. At one point Tennessee was 1-20 from 3. They could say the same thing. 

Just now, gofuckyourself said:

Right. The tons of unforced turnovers and terrible 3 point attempts all had to happen.

Missed shots and TOs happen. This is college basketball. Having a fucking goon give up 5 points for no reason is unacceptable. You’re talking about basketball mistakes vs a player thinking he’s in WWE

• Like 2

That game was there for the taking but we had terrible execution and a piss poor offensive game plan... in our most important game of the season. Like usual, your final game is usually a microcosm of your season and today it was again. Weaver was the only player worth a shit, the rest let us down. Sad

• Hook 'Em 1

Damn this was hard season to watch.  Lack of quality portal transfers certainly needs to be addressed.  The only positive is this team didn’t quit.  Weaver played his ass off to bad the others didn’t help in the first half.  Let’s see what he can do next year.  Hook’em!

Edited by Real Papi
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

I’m not a fan of Terry, but dang this roster is terrible. Him keeping them in this game is a miracle. 

not a lot of shot makers for sure. Hopefully next year is better. Crazy how shitty Mitchell is considering his high school profile. 

The game was lost 10 months ago when the roster was assembled. Yay for winning another tournament game but I hope some lessons were learned about what is needed moving forward.

On to portal szn and hoping I don’t see a Woj tweet about Tre Johnson.

4 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I don’t understand why we intentionally fouled with a 1 point game and there was a close to 6 second difference in the shot clock and game clock. We still would have gotten the ball back 

Because the guy they fouled was a 60 percent free throw shooter. He just happened to step up under pressure for them. 

This is Hunter's last game right? I hope so. 

I'm glad this is Brock's last game. Dude became a caricature of himself this season. Not sure if it was frustration from losing a lot of games or frustration with the coaching or what it was but he became unhinged. 

This team was scrappy but outmatched. Go get some better talent and if Terry can get a much more talented group to play this hard we'll have something. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

I suggest you watch more college basketball

Lol.  Did you watch this game?  We played about as bad as a team could and still had a chance at the end. A lot of other teams would've beat Tenn tonight.  Especially with their big man in foul trouble and being in the bonus with 10 minutes to play.  

9 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I don’t understand why we intentionally fouled with a 1 point game and there was a close to 6 second difference in the shot clock and game clock. We still would have gotten the ball back 

I guess they decided they had a better chance by extending the game.

a 3 by Tenn or an offensive rebound on that possession and game was over with us only having 4 team fouls when the possession started 

Edited by UTexasFight

• Pancho unpinned this topic