Johnny (football?) Manziel

bigup2dahorns

Just watched it.

-Billy Liucci seems like he sucks.  Big time.

-So much Aggy weirdness.  People who are unaware of Aggy gonna wonder what the fuck they’re watching.

-So much SECSECSEC. 

-I found it weird that there was so little focus on the last 6 years of Manziel’s life.  Looks like he at least saved enough money to sit around and grill, drink seltzers, and smoke joints with a few sycophants.

-Speaking of sycophants, he did his boy from high school dirty.  But that guy was just a total coattail riding cuck.

-Wish Sumlin would have commented.  Not like he has a lot of room to talk.

-I remember a long form piece about Manziel and his relationship with his dad.  It painted his dad as kind of a pussy who raised an entitled cunt.  This doc didn’t change my mind on any of that.

-Manziel doesn’t seem like he’s learned all that much.  Just keeping more of a lid on it.  Guy WAS fun to watch though.

41 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

-I remember a long form piece about Manziel and his relationship with his dad.  It painted his dad as kind of a pussy who raised an entitled cunt.  This doc didn’t change my mind on any of that.

As anyone from Tyler or the Tyler area knows, the Manziels have a long family history of being a scumbag group of people. Johnny is just the latest edition.

• Hook 'Em 3

I had to rewatch that part like 3 times. The agent was hilarious telling the story. Even looch had to scour through the room of passed out, drunk receivers taking pulls of 1942. “This is a shit show” was Loochs words haha

Recheck that…the no show/drunk/passed out receivers happened for a private browns workout, the day after the browns flew in to CS, dined with Johnny and his guys the night before.

Johnny: EB(his agent) I’ve passed tons of drug tests.

EB: turns out he had some 4th string QB pee in his cup for him

JF: nods
  • Rage+1 1

That was a pretty good doc. I liked Manziel in the interviews. Seemed to come across as genuine and pretty straightforward about what's going on. But I also got that feeling that it's a knife's edge between being sane and him going wild again. I will say that I thought he looked pretty rough, even if he sounded good. Then you see him having a drink in the backyard and realize that he likely still has some issues to conquer.

What happened to Kliff? Man, he looked like he hadn't slept in a couple of days.

I don’t care enough about this kid to have to sit through a whole documentary about him. Christ, some of y’all are sadists 

So many directions to take this

A) he’s definitely no longer a kid

2) you told us you don’t care about him in a thread specifically about him, so you care a little

And C) most of us, and you, paid attention to the train wreck. So yea I devoted an hour of my life on a late Tuesday night with no sports on to watch what happened.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Johnny Foozball was a student of the game.

You’d think he would have at least used his iPad to watch something on the interwebz. I hear there are interesting things out there. 

3 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Recheck that…the no show/drunk/passed out receivers happened for a private browns workout, the day after the browns flew in to CS, dined with Johnny and his guys the night before.

Johnny: EB(his agent) I’ve passed tons of drug tests.

EB: turns out he had some 4th string QB pee in his cup for him

JF: nods

aggy doesn't lie, cheat, or steal!

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

The funniest part was how he and Nate put out the story about how he came from money and the press fell for it. 

Yeah, wasn't his dad a sales manager at a Honda dealership or something.

The national media heard "Texas oil money" and fell for it.

14 hours ago, dcar00 said:

watching this now.  Cowboys taking HoF Guard instead of the loser because somebody pulled the phone out of Jerry's hands.

also, where is the IRS?

As not a fan of the Cowboys, the rest of the world was denied this epic shit show. Think about how much entertainment was given up over those 2 1/2 years that wouldn't have made one bit of difference to their success? Jerry and Johnny drunk together. We were cheated.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

He worked at the Toyota place in Tyler for a while. Or that area. One of my brothers friends from Hs is an aggy. He called up there to ask about something on a Land Cruiser or some shit and manziel sr answered the phone. Dude was giddy.

35 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Story I heard way back when was this: Manziel, his sister, mom and dad didn’t have a pot to piss in as you might expect, but an uncle, maybe mom’s brother, hit a nice lick doing something, selling ranches maybe. He gifted each of them $200k or so, (probably to get them off his ass) and that was why manziel was Mr Drinks On Me for the aggy years and where the family money myth began. Of course they all pissed it away which is why dad was back to selling Toyota’s in a few years. Not sure if true but it explains some things. 

4 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

It's an actual physical pic not digital so who knows where it is.

Huh?

Your buddy brought one of these badboys into a 6th street men's bathroom?

68924281_055_d?$xlarge$&fit=constrain&fm

Caught Ole Johny Football doing a line on a toilet.

Snapped a pic

Developed it

Then somehow showed you the photo?

And never digitized it?

Hell, didn't they also give you a CD back in the day as well?

I mean....

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I don’t care enough about this kid to have to sit through a whole documentary about him. Christ, some of y’all are sadists 

What fun is NASCAR without the wrecks?  Throw in aggy humiliation and the offseason...and there you have it. 

9 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

So many directions to take this

A) he’s definitely no longer a kid

2) you told us you don’t care about him in a thread specifically about him, so you care a little

And C) most of us, and you, paid attention to the train wreck. So yea I devoted an hour of my life on a late Tuesday night with no sports on to watch what happened.

It was a perfect distraction for sitting in a chair soothing an angry newborn at 1AM.

• Like 1

Watched it last night. Although I believe strongly that no one is beyond redemption, he comes pretty close. I didn’t think it was possible, but I like him even less after watching it. 

As a show, it also falls flat. There’s no story arc, because he hasn’t hit rock bottom, hasn’t turned his life around, hasn’t done anything. He’s just a frat boy with no skills, no education, and some invisible means of support allowing him to live his frat boy life in Scottsdale. Netflix definitely should have put the film on ice until he either died or really changed direction. It’s about the worst of the Untold stories. 

aggy comes across as pathetic in the show. They emphatically make the point that they were mediocre at best before going into the SECX3. That strongly contradicts aggy mythology. And they don’t point out that, despite the improbable JFF victory in Tuscaloosa, aggy remains mediocre at best. Hall of champions remains empty. No championships, no champions. JFF ended up with the Heisman, but it didn’t matter.  And he certainly doesn’t care about aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, nnm said:

Watched it last night. Although I believe strongly that no one is beyond redemption, he comes pretty close. I didn’t think it was possible, but I like him even less after watching it. 

As a show, it also falls flat. There’s no story arc, because he hasn’t hit rock bottom, hasn’t turned his life around, hasn’t done anything. He’s just a frat boy with no skills, no education, and some invisible means of support allowing him to live his frat boy life in Scottsdale. Netflix definitely should have put the film on ice until he either died or really changed direction. It’s about the worst of the Untold stories. 

aggy comes across as pathetic in the show. They emphatically make the point that they were mediocre at best before going into the SECX3. That strongly contradicts aggy mythology. And they don’t point out that, despite the improbable JFF victory in Tuscaloosa, aggy remains mediocre at best. Hall of champions remains empty. No championships, no champions. JFF ended up with the Heisman, but it didn’t matter.  And he certainly doesn’t care about aggy. 

I did enjoy hearing them say they were a middle of the road big 12 team and that somehow the SEC made them not that. Still a middle of the road team, just with a difference conference.

• Like 1