Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Her entire platform is Victim-hood and lies

My gawd, she's Trump! 

Has she been tapping into the victimized white men fearin' the caravans, the muslims, brown people stealin' their jobs, how it ain't fair that black people can say nigger but white people can't?

Is the victimized Christian Coalition choosing her to carry their flag? 

And what about the poor victims of the Global Warming Conspiracy of Scientists to make us think something is wrong when everything is as it should be? Will she save us from science and non-Christian religion?

The whole We Report You Ignite strategy of FOX is based on feeding the right's oddball sense of their own victimization and persecution. Lies are their favorite currency.

Even if you were right about how you describe her "entire platform," it is the exact means used by the non-snowflake, badass right.

But you're not right.

• Like 3

She is living rent free in the FOX viewers head. From what I've seen the thing they fear most is a first term young hispanic female Representative. Unless it's an old white female former Senator. Or a middle age white female Senator. Or an old white female Representative. Or... hang on a minute, I see a pattern here.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RPM said:

She is living rent free in the FOX viewers head. From what I've seen the thing they fear most is a first term young hispanic female Representative. Unless it's an old white female former Senator. Or a middle age white female Senator. Or an old white female Representative. Or... hang on a minute, I see a pattern here.

You left off young, black, Muslim female Representative. 

The DCCC is going to war with candidates who want to primary incumbents.

The corporate establishment powers are terrified of the progressive movement. Do not be fooled.

The campaign arm on Friday sent out a list of hiring standards to more than 100 political firms, including one provision that made clear it will neither contract with nor recommend to House candidates any political vendors that work to oust sitting members of Congress. That offers key protection to the caucus’s moderate members in battleground seats, where House control will be won or lost.

It is intended to help stymie attempts by insurgent progressive groups who plan to primary incumbents deemed insufficiently liberal on key issues, but also to shield members of the party's ascendant liberal wing who represent safe Democratic territory and could face intraparty challenges of their own.

The new protocol, intentionally debuted early in the off-year before most campaign hiring begins, presents a stark financial deterrent to the country’s top firms that provide essential services ranging from polling to TV advertising to strategy. It could cripple would-be primary opponents’ ability to entice top talent to join their staff. The DCCC independent-expenditure arm doles out millions in contracts to consultants and drives more revenue toward them by connecting campaigns with vetted operatives.

8 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

She gets it. 

Yeah she does get it.  Somewhat. Except how do you address "root causes" for Richard Spencer and Johnny Sack?  Peel off a slice of Alabama so they can have a "white homeland?"

The truth is that the nation is fucked because white nationalists not only don't want to work with her, they don't want to be in the same country as her. Even after she gives them healthcare and a lifetime job.

On 3/21/2019 at 3:12 PM, jimmyjazz said:

I predicted this weeks ago -- now she's being cast as a puppet.

It's almost as if old racist whitey Republicans can't stand the idea of an engaging, high energy, intelligent brown woman actually getting shit done in Washington DC.

Incredulity, ChickenShit, I'm talking to you.  At least you're both too fucking stupid to actually hide your motivations.

I fully support what she is doing. She will not get a lot of her proposals passed into law, but in die time her views will be more widely accepted. I respect her for wanting to so forcefully challenge economic inequality in our country. I mean this woman is 29 years old. There isn't a person on this board that knew their ass from a hole in the ground at that point, but here she is trying to fundamentally change how things work in America. It's a beautiful thing to see honestly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I fully support what she is doing. She will not get a lot of her proposals passed into law, but in die time her views will be more widely accepted. I respect her for wanting to so forcefully challenge economic inequality in our country. I mean this woman is 29 years old. There isn't a person on this board that knew their ass from a hole in the ground at that point, but here she is trying to fundamentally change how things work in America. It's a beautiful thing to see honestly. 

Speak for yourself of what some of us were capable of at 29. 

18 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So she’s making republicans beclown themselves?  

That might be giving her too much credit.

I knew this broad was down to beclown 

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I guess that's one way to change the narrative of a 0-57-43 vote. 

I actually expected a couple of yes votes from her side that are firmly entrenched, and didn’t have as much to worry about should it become a issue down the road. To go 0-for-the entire room is a fucking surprise to me.

On 3/24/2019 at 10:37 PM, UpperWestside said:

I was smart enough to know what I didn’t know at 29, which was (and still is) a lot. I wish she knew the same.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I was smart enough to know what I didn’t know at 29, which was (and still is) a lot. I wish she knew the same.

So she doesn't know a lot and is a puppet for having a staff that help make her informed? This is a bad thing? You people are fucking insane.

Edited by GSU&UT

On 3/24/2019 at 10:37 PM, UpperWestside said:

If you think she knows her ass from a hole in the ground then you still don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Let's say you have an electrician come over to your house and he tries to fundamentally change how much electricity your house uses but manages to blow every fuse in the fuse box and catches your house on fire while trying.  Is that a beautiful thing to see?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

If you think she knows her ass from a hole in the ground then you still don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Let's say you have an electrician come over to your house and he tries to fundamentally change how much electricity your house uses but manages to blow every fuse in the fuse box and catches your house on fire while trying.  Is that a beautiful thing to see?

Now do tax cuts.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

I think EMAW just told us how he managed to burn his own house down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

If your house is on fire, you still have light and warmth.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2019 at 2:42 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

uniformed, decisive and inflammatory.  Just another day at the office.  Her entire platform is Victim-hood and lies, but at least she starts a conversation

Loves POC, just don't be Asian.

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/new-york/districts/new-york-city-public-schools/stuyvesant-high-school-13092/student-body

Economically Disadvantaged Students

These are the percentages of the school's students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch, based on data reported to the government.

Free Lunch program (% of total) 32% ?

Reduced-Price Lunch Program (% of total) 11% ?

Total Economically Disadvantaged (% of total) 43% ?

Ethnicity/Race

Minority Enrollment (% of total)

American Indian/Alaskan Native
0.2%

Asian
74%

Black
1%

Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander
0%

Hispanic
3%

White
19%

Two or More Races
3%

Keep hoping, bro.  

9 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

You know, there's nothing of value in your post.  About all I can conclude is that you went to college in Kansas.  

17 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

You know, there's nothing of value in your post.  About all I can conclude is that you went to college in Kansas.  

I love the idea of hiring an electrician to "fundamentally change how much electricity your house uses", like there's some sort of energy efficient circuit breaker he can install.

Here's a plan:  stop running the AC so much, lower the blinds during the day, and turn on some fans when you're home.  Boom, energy costs reduced.  No electrician needed.

15 hours ago, GSU&UT said:

So she doesn't know a lot and is a puppet for having a staff that help make her informed? This is a bad thing? You people are fucking insane.

This timeline we are in is really screwed up. I honestly at times feel kind of sad for the Americans following Trump because some of them are in my family. 

Her staff is doing a great job and I do not use that praise lightly because I care very little for most politicians. I hope she keeps on fighting back against the lunacy she is up against. 

• Like 2

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez