High

nivek3

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Had lunch with two friends who live in a legal state. One said she never gets high. At first I thought it was because she didn’t inhale properly, but she said gummies don’t affect her either. I’ve never heard of that before. Is that a thing? 

Never seen anyone who had zero tolerance. She likely hasn’t smoked enough and certainly hasn’t had enough edibles for it to affect her. Roll a fatty and smoke it with her next time and see what happens.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Had lunch with two friends who live in a legal state. One said she never gets high. At first I thought it was because she didn’t inhale properly, but she said gummies don’t affect her either. I’ve never heard of that before. Is that a thing? 

That’s not a thing 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/15/2023 at 9:28 AM, Tailgate said:

Never seen anyone who had zero tolerance. She likely hasn’t smoked enough and certainly hasn’t had enough edibles for it to affect her. Roll a fatty and smoke it with her next time and see what happens.

Ok I’m doing an experiment and will report back. I will remain unaltered so that I can accurately assess. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GoPokes83 said:

Just curious, are local dealers of smuggled/illegal weed still around in states where pot’s legalized, and if so why?

It depends. In general, yes there are still black market dealers around. The ones that are still around are typically growers, or directly accessing a grower. However it has put a pinch on growers. The divide between cost and return is significantly shrinking. Especially where markets have the ability to grow outside.

As Mopar eluded to, the sketchy ones selling that bullshit brick weed have mostly moved on to other cartel shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It depends. In general, yes there are still black market dealers around. The ones that are still around are typically growers, or directly accessing a grower. However it has put a pinch on growers. The divide between cost and return is significantly shrinking. Especially where markets have the ability to grow outside.

As Mopar eluded to, the sketchy ones selling that bullshit brick weed have mostly moved on to other cartel shit.

Saw a report this morning that growers in legalized states are having a rough time of it. Prohibition on interstate sales has supposedly produced a glut on their products and lots of companies were going under. Guy they were interviewing said it looked like only the growers with the deepest pockets who could afford to wait it out were going to be likely to be able to survive.

On 4/15/2023 at 7:01 AM, Dbeasy said:

Gummies have little to no effect on me.  The strongest I've ever had only made me sleepy.  Smoking and vaping will work but edibles are worthless. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Gummies have little to no effect on me.  The strongest I've ever had only made me sleepy.  Smoking and vaping will work but edibles are worthless. 

Exact opposite here. I get pretty blasted on fairly small dose gummies (like 10-15mg) but can smoke a whole joint solo and just get mellow. Yes, I know potency varies by strain, etc but in general edibles get me more fucked up.  

11 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Exact opposite here. I get pretty blasted on fairly small dose gummies (like 10-15mg) but can smoke a whole joint solo and just get mellow. Yes, I know potency varies by strain, etc but in general edibles get me more fucked up.  

If I have more than 5MG of edibles at a time, it's very unpleasant.  Doesn't really matter the strain or brand, I basically have extremely high anxiety for a good 3 hours and don't really enjoy it much at all.  I took 10MG before a canoe trip last summer and spent the entire time we were on the river just completely focused on navigating the group through one tricky spot (that was 3/4ths of the way through a 6 hour trip) that I didn't enjoy the float at all, really.  For whatever reason the weed infused beverages don't hit that way though.

Vape pen?  Fucking fine.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

Saw a report this morning that growers in legalized states are having a rough time of it. Prohibition on interstate sales has supposedly produced a glut on their products and lots of companies were going under. Guy they were interviewing said it looked like only the growers with the deepest pockets who could afford to wait it out were going to be likely to be able to survive.

Yeah, I think that was always going to be the case. Market was flooded with companies when everything went legal. High costs associated with the business aren't helping either.

2 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

In CA, there seems to be a pretty large contingent of people who are so pissed at the taxes you have to pay at the counter, that they continue to only shop on the black market. I think its thriving out here. Considering I used to pay $60 for an eighth from some random guy back in the day, the prices seem pretty reasonable to me. Shit, I bought a half ounce last week for $70. That's going to last me months.  I'm more than willing to pay the extra at the counter for the convenience and peace of mind that comes from buying from reputable companies. Even more so with the cartridges. I assume any one of those not purchased at a licensed dispensary is just straight Vitamin E with some liquid cannabis smoke added for taste.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

If I have more than 5MG of edibles at a time, it's very unpleasant.  Doesn't really matter the strain or brand, I basically have extremely high anxiety for a good 3 hours and don't really enjoy it much at all.  I took 10MG before a canoe trip last summer and spent the entire time we were on the river just completely focused on navigating the group through one tricky spot (that was 3/4ths of the way through a 6 hour trip) that I didn't enjoy the float at all, really.  For whatever reason the weed infused beverages don't hit that way though.

Vape pen?  Fucking fine.

That's me exactly. I have these and still cut them in half

https://hometownherocbd.com/products/delta-9-5mg-live-rosin-gummies-old-fashioned

2.5mg has me feeling just fine. Oh well cheap date I suppose 

Headed to Amsterdam for business on the 6th. Looking forward to seeing the coffee shops and their strains. Would love for some Kush strains....stuff hits like nothing I've ever had. So much designer weed nowadays.

Side note, as of 1 May you can no longer smoke it in outside in public, just in the coffee shops now.

2 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

Headed to Amsterdam for business on the 6th. Looking forward to seeing the coffee shops and their strains. Would love for some Kush strains....stuff hits like nothing I've ever had. So much designer weed nowadays.

Side note, as of 1 May you can no longer smoke it in outside in public, just in the coffee shops now.

Already typing like a European and you haven't even left yet... 

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

At a music festival Friday night, my buddy’s wife took a hit off of my pen and looked at me and said, “I don’t think I got anything” and then coughed a huge mushroom cloud right into her girlfriend’s face.

10 mins later she said “We gotta get some more of that in Napa.” (We’re all going later this month for another festival)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

You know what, I'm just going to say it.

Cosmos (1980s) Is the best damn tv show of all time when high.

Deeper into the high thought: any of the Michael Palin Travel Documentaries work too.

I would say Attenborough but who wants to see stuff die to ruin your buzz.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Hook 'Em 2