Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

59 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Not sure if this photo should be here or in the WTF thread, but I shot this with a drone several weeks back. I’ll let y’all figure it out.

48649502803_e4355fff5b_o.jpg

That's the old Freeman Ranch (of the Joe and Harry Freeman Coliseum).  We were invited to the ranch for a BBQ in 1974, when Harry was still alive.  They let me fish at one of their ponds, but I didn't encounter any nightmare fuel.  /csb

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 11:00 PM, bamachine said:

Something similar happened to me, except I was not on a motorcycle, I was in a work van. Dumbass, at a stop sign, in a dump truck, backed over and destroyed the van I was driving. Even after hitting the front of the van, he kept backing up and I had to climb through the safety door, into the cargo area, to avoid being crushed. I laid on the horn until he made first contact, then made for the door. He was legally deaf yet was somehow allowed to drive heavy machinery.

Image result for im legally blind girl

ok well what the hell is the background on the zombie cages?

So when the university first started the body farm, animals would scavenge the corpses. They said that was good because this would happen naturally when someone died. But after they gathered all that data they needed the corpses to not be eaten by animals, so they built the cages to keep them out but allow the elements in.

21 hours ago, NWBuck said:

I'd ask for a transfer... or find a new job

Yeah, so was someone staying in the lighthouse during this?  Imagine what that would sound/feel like to have massive waves crashing against you over and over.  I would be shitting.

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Yeah, so was someone staying in the lighthouse during this?  Imagine what that would sound/feel like to have massive waves crashing against you over and over.  I would be shitting.

Vid says 2007.  Most (if not all) of the lighthouses in that region were automated in the 90s.  So I'd say odds are "no."

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Agree, that would be a damn scary experience.  I'm amazed the structure can withstand that kind of punishment for hours on end.   Something, something, your mother could take it, though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Agree, that would be a damn scary experience.  I'm amazed the structure can withstand that kind of punishment for hours on end.   Something, something, your mother could take it, though. 

I'm not sure how often they get those storms, but I can't imagine trying to build the lighthouse in the first place with that a possibility.  How would you brace the walls as you went until you topped them?