Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

I watched for a bit on the local live news feed on FB.....KXAN in Austin for god's sake .... and the comments are disgusting and infuriating in attacking her. Even -- or mostly -- from women. It's shocking and sick.

This cancerous contingent of about 40% of the population is why these old fossils feel completely entitled to do the worst to everyone. The base is going to go apeshit if the nom is pulled. 

I hopefully believe this group of people are mostly 50+ and will die off.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

So a very old friend -- a woman -- is furious and posting on FB about how much of a witch hunt this is and how any woman who had been raped would have total recall, etc.

Sometimes I wish she weren't my friend.  I had to walk away.

Direct her to read up on how a notable lack of recall of some significant details surrounding a traumatic event is a common characteristic of PTSD.  Your friend just doesn't know.

2 minutes ago, sachick said:

Nah. Stupid, exploitable people that are pissed off that life didnt go their way are rolling off the assembly line every day. Hell the factory in college station is ramping up production.

• Like 2

Just now, Mapache said:

Which I kind of feel sorry for this woman. Not a lot of time to prep, no deposition, nothing but a statement, an article, and some hearsay. 

What did the Republicans expect? I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the conference room where they are having lunch, harrumphing and mumbling together about how in their day it was no big deal to get shitfaced and handsy

I know this will be an unpopular take, but I am not sure they brought in Mitchell to get a gotcha out of Ford. I think there is a non negligible chance McConnell did this specifically to give him an out on Kavanaugh, who he never wanted anyway.

It's amazing how rage-filled people get who feel entitled to everything. Completely irrational. They wouldn't be able to articulate what motive Ford has to be slinging bullshit but goddamnit she's obviously a lying sack of shit.

I hate people.

Right now, I especially hate women who attack other women for claiming they were sexual assaulted. Those people need to be called out on it, every time. Don't walk away, tell them they're full of shit. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sachick said:

Unfortunately, this has been the notion for 2 decades...... They've raised another generation of intolerant and ignorant imbeciles.  There is a large percentage of the population who are too ignorant to thrive in the modern world so they'd like to stop progress and control it.

Edited by Patrick Bateman
Damn it, auto correct!

14 minutes ago, Woodrow Call said:

Of course Fox News is attacking the victim and her credibility. What the fuck is wrong with these people?

Yeah,  some fuck on their panel just rationalized a vote for BK to the senators struggling with the decision in light of her obvious credibility.  "I believe she believes that is what happened,  but I think she's mistaken."

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Unfortunately, this has been the notion for 2 decades...... They've raised another generation of intolerant and ignorant imbeciles.  They're is a large percentage of the population who is too ignorant to thrive in the modern world so they'd like to stop progress and control it.

I'm hopeful that these people are uniquely terrible.  They were raised in the civil rights era, fought it tooth and nail, and carry that bitterness to the end.  The next generations won't be like this.

5 minutes ago, G650 said:

I know this will be an unpopular take, but I am not sure they brought in Mitchell to get a gotcha out of Ford. I think there is a non negligible chance McConnell did this specifically to give him an out on Kavanaugh, who he never wanted anyway.

They brought her in so there wouldn't be sound bites of senators attacking a victim of sexual assault.

Just now, Captainant said:

I think this has the potential to be a monumental fuck up. If the "prosecutor" is defending Kavanaugh the jig is up in the court of public opinion.

agree. if she soft plays shit with him, it will no play well. but who the fuck knows. the handling of the entire matter most closely approximates a face scrub with fecal matter. so wont be surprised if decide to add some corn their diet. 

• Like 1

Ford is extremely credible.

How will Kavanaugh answer, "Why do you NOT want the FBI to confirm that Dr. Ford is mistaken?"  "Why do you not want Mark Judge to testify or be interviewed by the FBI?" These questions will be asked by each Democratic Senator, and Grassley's only defense will be to interject and try to save the Judge

My only oddball observation is that I would not be surprised to find out that Mark judge committed suicide.  Right now the merciful thing for the GOP and Kavenaugh would be fore the President to call and withdraw his nomination.  Otherwise what is going to happen this afternoon is going to make it impossible for a couple Senators to not give the thumbs down in a vote on the Senate floor.   

Look for a bloodbath in the midterms if the GOP pushes the vote through for Kavanaugh as is the current plan.

Edited by horn4life
Brainfart- thx Mojo

Just now, horn4life said:

Ford is extremely credible.

How will Kavanaugh answer, "Why do you NOT want the FBI to confirm that Dr. Ford is mistaken?"  "Why do you not want Mark Ford to testify or be interviewed by the FBI?" These questions will be asked by each Democratic Senator, and Grassley's only defense will be to interject and try to save the Judge

My only oddball observation is that I would not be surprised to find out that Mark Ford committed suicide.  Right now the merciful thing for the GOP and Kavenaugh would be fore the President to call and withdraw his nomination.  Otherwise what is going to happen this afternoon is going to make it impossible for a couple Senators to not give the thumbs down in a vote on the Senate floor.   

Look for a bloodbath in the midterms if the GOP pushes the vote through for Kavanaugh as is the current plan.

You mean Mark Judge, right? 

Theory: Trump has been encouraging Kavanaugh to forcefully fight back. Kavanaugh will try to do so, and because he's a milquetoast pissant, will show his ass in the process. I think there's more shit to hit this particular fan, wouldn't be surprised if a formal investigation into perjury comes from this.