Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

Tailleur17

On 10/25/2020 at 1:26 AM, ztejas said:

Marlboro Light team holla

(although Reds are a good cigarette - just not a fan of higher nic smokes)

Team Camel when I was young (and dumber)  
But man once I found Cope, I was done for.   Has been 9, almost 10 years since I’ve had any tobacco. Goddamn I miss it. 10 years and 75#. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I've got to get a picture of him, but when my 80lb German Shepherd tries to pretend he's still a puppy and crawls half way into my lap, falls asleep and starts snoring.

Yes.  When dogs rest on your limbs, it's adorable.  If I'm all reclined on the couch, mine loves to curl up between my calves and drop her head across my foot

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Yes.  When dogs rest on your limbs, it's adorable.  If I'm all reclined on the couch, mine loves to curl up between my calves and drop her head across my foot

Yep.  I have two Great Pyrenees and one thinks that she is a lap dog.  She puts both front lets on the couch and burrows her head into my hip until I pet her.  Once I start, if I stop, she then raises up on her front paws and then lays down on my arm, I guess to keep me from getting up.

Sunday morning I got up to run one of the kids to work.  When I got back home, I went upstairs to the bedroom.  They followed right behind me.  As soon as I laid down on the bed, they both got on the bed and took over pretty much the entire thing.

I was not mad.

Edited by You don't know me
  • Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

I'll be sitting on the chair on the porch and Rambo will come up and sit at my right knee, throw his right foreleg around my right shin, and push up and lays his head in my lap.  All the while, his other three legs and butt are on the porch.  Then he goes to sleep and starts snoring.

I fucking hate keyless ignition in vehicles.  I don't like keeping things in my pockets, and 90% of the time when I get out of my car and shut the door, I need to open the door back up and get my keys out to lock the door.  I want to go back to the old school key in the ignition which forces me to grab my keys when exiting my vehicle.  

• Hook 'Em 2

I fucking hate keyless ignition in vehicles.  I don't like keeping things in my pockets, and 90% of the time when I get out of my car and shut the door, I need to open the door back up and get my keys out to lock the door.  I want to go back to the old school key in the ignition which forces me to grab my keys when exiting my vehicle.  
Where did you keep the keys other than your pocket back in the day? A FOB is a much smaller profile than a fob and keys. I keep mine in the little coin pocket on my right front.

8 hours ago, markstanco said:
On 10/27/2020 at 4:27 PM, cabowabo said:

Where did you keep the keys other than your pocket back in the day? A FOB is a much smaller profile than a fob and keys. I keep mine in the little coin pocket on my right front.

They would hang off the ignition with my car key.  I’m a minimalist when it comes to keys, although there are at least 3 on my set now that I have no idea what they’re for.  

• 2 weeks later...

Not entirely trivial since it saves me a little bit of money, but I do really get a kick out of seeing my MPG “over the last 25 miles” in my wife’s Tahoe. When I get in, it’s usually around 12-13 MPG, and by the time I’m done, it’s at least 17-18. If I drove it a few times in a row, it’ll be up into the low 20s. Highest I’ve gotten it is 28

Have to head to the Northeast for awhile to take care of some family shit and the holidays. Created an account on the US Postal Service website so I could place a hold on mail delivery. Find out that they have a 30 day max, beyond that you have to get you mail forwarded. I tried calling my local USPS location but the phone just rang endlessly. Tried calling the 1-800 general customer service line and the wait was over an hour to speak to a real person. 

I had to get a COVID test today for the state of Massachusetts entry requirements, so I stopped into my local branch to see what my options were, not expecting much. Clerk said she couldnt help me on the 30 days, but said I could speak to a manager, who she paged. Dude came out to the lobby and explained that their policy is 30 days max.......but since i just needed a couple extra weeks, he would OK it. He then retrieved the form, filled the damn thing out for me, and had me sign. That was it. Took like 10 minutes. Wasnt expecting that type of experience at the USPS. 

giphy.gif 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Have to head to the Northeast for awhile to take care of some family shit and the holidays. Created an account on the US Postal Service website so I could place a hold on mail delivery. Find out that they have a 30 day max, beyond that you have to get you mail forwarded. I tried calling my local USPS location but the phone just rang endlessly. Tried calling the 1-800 general customer service line and the wait was over an hour to speak to a real person. 

I had to get a COVID test today for the state of Massachusetts entry requirements, so I stopped into my local branch to see what my options were, not expecting much. Clerk said she couldnt help me on the 30 days, but said I could speak to a manager, who she paged. Dude came out to the lobby and explained that their policy is 30 days max.......but since i just needed a couple extra weeks, he would OK it. He then retrieved the form, filled the damn thing out for me, and had me sign. That was it. Took like 10 minutes. Wasnt expecting that type of experience at the USPS. 

giphy.gif 

Yes, I hear from quite confident sources (some would call them blustery) that the USPS is quite flexible on the dating of things these days . . . 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/2/2020 at 10:25 AM, SquishMitten said:

Couldn’t decide where to post this, but a couple Apache’s just flew right over my house. They were super low. House was shaking and I couldn’t hear the tv over the sound they made. Fuckin cool, man

Caught my first live view of a V22 Osprey last week - in plane mode at about 1000 ft.  I fuckin love military aircraft.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 4:53 PM, beer said:

Caught my first live view of a V22 Osprey last week - in plane mode at about 1000 ft.  I fuckin love military aircraft.

Used to live near the Bell factory in Hurst. They would fly about 50 ft above the ground and cross the street to a little test area off Raider Rd. Was really cool when one would pass right over you.

Got to see 2 septuagenarians fight at Home Depot this morning.  One old guy kinda cut in front of another one in the self-checkout line.  2nd guy rams first guy with his cart almost knocking him over.  First guy then pushed back on 2nd guy’s cart and shoved him into a huge display knocking the dude and the display over.  They keep cussing at each other and start throwing shot at each other.  Naturally, the store workers have no idea what to do.   They both get kicked out, and were taking about hunting each other down in theparking lot.   Happy Holidays!! 2020 Style.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 11/21/2020 at 9:00 PM, Trey3216 said:

Got to see 2 septuagenarians fight at Home Depot this morning.  One old guy kinda cut in front of another one in the self-checkout line.  2nd guy rams first guy with his cart almost knocking him over.  First guy then pushed back on 2nd guy’s cart and shoved him into a huge display knocking the dude and the display over.  They keep cussing at each other and start throwing shot at each other.  Naturally, the store workers have no idea what to do.   They both get kicked out, and were taking about hunting each other down in theparking lot.   Happy Holidays!! 2020 Style.  

I haven’t been in a HD since 2019. Went to Lowe’s last week though.

On 10/30/2020 at 5:12 AM, cabowabo said:

They would hang off the ignition with my car key.  I’m a minimalist when it comes to keys, although there are at least 3 on my set now that I have no idea what they’re for.  

Only key I have is for the community swimming pool. Key fob for car, key card for work, remotes for the gate and garage, and electronic lock for the house.

Key fob, money clip, phone and Leatherman Squirt. That's more than I want to carry. Can't imagine carrying a set of keys, and a full-size wallet.

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Window seat on plane, always try to figure out just where we are by looking at the landscape below and time of flight.  We had layover in Orlando on our flight back to NY, so it was cool to see the coastline from above and place where we be. 

Download the app Flyover Country to have the answer key. It uses your location but not your cell signal, so it works in airplane mode. 

It's not the most intuitive interface, and you must download your route from your home WiFi before leaving, but once you get the hang of it, you'll appreciate it. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Like 1

Window seat on plane, always try to figure out just where we are by looking at the landscape below and time of flight.  We had layover in Orlando on our flight back to NY, so it was cool to see the coastline from above and place where we be. 

I do this too. I can usually figure it out fairly easily when we fly over big cities based on the stadiums.
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2020 at 9:11 AM, Hate said:

I do this too. I can usually figure it out fairly easily when we fly over big cities based on the stadiums.

Really fun flying into Reagan from Texas during the summer because you’ll usually swing out over the ocean and land heading south.   You fly right past the Iwo Jima Memorial statue on approach.  

Edited by Trey3216

Replacing little things around the house to make it feel more updated. We had our dining room chandelier blow out. It was over 20 years old. Replaced it with a much brighter satellite looking unit. Now we've kinda got the bug of wanting to replace the other sconces, kitchen light, and boobie lights in our house with ones that match. Also has me wanting to try replacing a lot of our two prong sockets with GFCI 3 prong sockets. Some may say this stuff's not trivial but we've lived in this house since 2004 and barely changed any of these things in the time so we just sort of lived with all of it. 

I hate taking a shit a work but it hit me pretty hard yesterday and I had to do it. I sat down on the toilet and it was as cool as the other side of the pillow. A Christmas wish come true.

Only thing better is when you open the bathroom door and all the lights are out because no one has been in there yet.

• Like 1