Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

20 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I’m curious what good firing Herman now does except appease bloodthirsty emotional impatient fans?

The whole everybody is decommiting thing seems to be lost on you bro. Surgeons don’t stop the bleeding because the family is in the waiting room crying, they do it to save the patient. You don’t believe Ewers backed out because the fans are pissy right? 

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Thanks. 

Actually I’ve become somewhat obsessed with @nicole44 due to her west Texas heritage. I’ve recently acquired property west of me (Sonora) and think we could probably make sweet love among the cactus and mesquite during prolonged timeouts of a game.

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

The whole everybody is decommiting thing seems to be lost on you bro. Surgeons don’t stop the bleeding because the family is in the waiting room crying, they do it to save the patient. You don’t believe Ewers backed out because the fans are pissy right? 

We are blaming kids because they want to succeed at the next level. That’s where we are at. Adult fans have decommitted on Herman. Y’all blame kids? Shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I’m curious what good firing Herman now does except appease bloodthirsty emotional impatient fans?

You’re right. 

Perhaps you should treat cancer a few months after the fact. No way starting immediate treatment for the cancer is a good idea. What’s the worst that can happen if you just wait a few months. 

gtfo outta here with this shit. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You’re right. 

Perhaps you should test cancer a few months after the fact. No way starting immediate treatment for the cancer is a good idea. What’s the worst that can happen if you just wait a few months. 

gtfo outta here with this shit. 

Stupid analogy that doesn’t even warrant a response

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I'm predicating all this on us losing to oSu this weekend. So if that happens, the last thing you need is a week in week out will he save his job or won't he talk like we had with Charlie. We know ultimately that he won't save his job. The only way to save his job is to win out. So if he doesn't win on Saturday, why keep going with a lame duck guy. He was brought back to beat OU and win the Big 12. He failed at the first. He loses to oSu, he failed at the 2nd. There is no upside to keeping him. As has been pointed out to me on this thread previously, multiple big name programs have done midseason firings. LSU, FSU, USC, to name a few. If he can't beat oSu, there's absolutely zero reason to wait around. He lost 2 big recruits after a win. Imagine how many he loses if he keeps losing. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Alignment?

Whatever the equal and opposite of that is, I suppose.

The Eyes, the band, players, coaches, alumni/BMD's, recruits...  I can hate Texas with a passion within the rivalry context, which is fine because the older you get the more silly that stuff is, but this shit is something else entirely, and I don't like to see it.

I don't think any program has ever seen this kind of dumpster fire before, the future of the program is literally being destroyed right in front of our eyes over the course of a few days.

And that’s after a win. I hope this board can with stand the shit storm on Saturday. I need to go stock up on beer. I’ll be drunk by the half.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nueces River Rat said:

And that’s after a win. I hope this board can with stand the shit storm on Saturday. I need to go stock up on beer. I’ll be drunk by the half.

I think lost of us will be treating a loss we a win.  We need an intern coach so I can start rooting for texas football again 

Herbstreit was right it looks like.... fucking cesspool.  If we’re going to suck, let’s atleast stop paying our athletic director and coaches top 5 salaries.  If I’m going to watch a shit product, I’ll do so with a HEB coupon for $10 tickets to games.  These guys are stealing money from alums and this school and are absolutely horrible at their jobs.  

Herbie was a Charlie fan. I don’t think he get a woody over Tom. Maybe because of the Buckeye connection and he saw what kind of coach he was in Columbus as assistant? Am I reading this wrong?

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas