Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

11 hours ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

I know you virtue-signaling  "Cruz is icky" Beto fanboys won't care, but this shit is eventually going to catch up with your handsome candidate once it gets statewide exposure and people start paying attention outside of Austin and Highland Park. 

Also the Chuck Schumer preferred policy positions, but the debates will eventually fix that. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/politics/texas/article/Police-reports-detail-Beto-O-Rourke-s-1998-13195088.php

I think you are correct, and that’s unfortunate.  It should not matter that much in this situation, but it will.  It’s like someone not hiring me to be their attorney because I have a DWI.  It’s not an eternal, defining event, but politics.

8 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

It's not really much of a distinction, because it should be built into the concept of a DUI.   If you're over the limit and driving poorly enough to get pulled over, it's mostly just luck as to whether or not you hit something or hurt someone.  A drunk driver who nearly misses a bunch of people is no better than a drunk driver who taps another car (no injuries suffered) on the way to spinning off the road.   W was weaving on and off the road when he was pulled over; it's just luck that nobody was near him.   It's an extremely serious offense because of the potential for harm.   But I don't see how the happenstance of making contact with the car next to you or not makes it any better or worse.   You put that other driver's life at risk either way.

I totally agree with you, and argue this defense in all of my intox assault/manslaughter cases. Unfortunately, there is a SHIT TON of people who don’t agree.

I don't know how many of you are dove hunters, probably a handful and Brisket, but man-- you forget how "red" Texas is when you leave the cozy confines of economic centers/urban areas. I stopped at a gas station in Ranger, TX, a Wal-mart in Eastland, TX and a restaurant in Abilene, TX in the span of 5 hours and heard some things. I saw some things too, but mostly these more rural, white people are living in a whole 'nother world than most of us.

And their world is shrinking.

14 minutes ago, RayDog said:

What are the odds Trump calls him Lyin' Ted during his Texas appearance?

Non zero.  If he did it would be glorious.

The fact Trump will rally shows how concerned Cruz is about the election.  For all his faults, Cruz is an enormously disciplined candidate but he feels the need to invite his biggest adversary, who is decided undisciplined and can go off the rails at any time.

Its a huge risk.

4 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

The fact Trump will rally shows how concerned Cruz is about the election.  For all his faults, Cruz is an enormously disciplined candidate but he feels the need to invite his biggest adversary, who is decided undisciplined and can go off the rails at any time.

Its a huge risk.

Agree. Lyin ted callin in the orange god to help him can only mean one thing.They believe they can really lose this. Good. 

4 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Its a huge risk.

All the shit-throwing these guys did in 2016 is gonna come back to haunt them. It wasn't policy based criticism, they basically accused each other (accurately) of being morally bankrupt pieces of shit. The press interviews leading up to this shitshow should bring the lulz.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

To those who think a 20 year old DWI matters, I would respond that we have Donald trump as our president. Throw out your playbook. 

Republican voters only hold liberals to moral and ethical standards. GOP candidates can do/say whatever the fuck they want with zero repercussions. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Its a huge risk.

Trump may need every R vote in the Senate come 2019.  Trump needs him to win.  Badly. 

10 minutes ago, Mack Tripper said:

Do we really need a breakdown of the patently obvious like multiple tweets informing us about black face and that “Straight Outta Congress” is a rip-off of NWA’s Straight Outta Compton?

You and I don't but her thesis committee has never heard of them. Edna from Dubuque is also vaguely familiar with the term "rap music " , gangsta she ain't. 

• Like 1

Do we really need a breakdown of the patently obvious like multiple tweets informing us about black face and that “Straight Outta Congress” is a rip-off of NWA’s Straight Outta Compton?
No shit, that tweetstorm was just weird. Nothing screams "I live a sheltered white life" quite like feeling compelled to explain and re-explain that the Straight Outta Congress poster was ripping off NWA. Oh, and you probably didn't realize that the "with attitude" description was also appropriated!
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I don't know how many of you are dove hunters, probably a handful and Brisket, but man-- you forget how "red" Texas is when you leave the cozy confines of economic centers/urban areas. I stopped at a gas station in Ranger, TX, a Wal-mart in Eastland, TX and a restaurant in Abilene, TX in the span of 5 hours and heard some things. I saw some things too, but mostly these more rural, white people are living in a whole 'nother world than most of us.

Good point.  And Beto is visiting those places and talking to those folks and letting them have their say.  When is Ted gonna go to the 3rd Wars and talk to those Texans and let them ask him questions.  Oh yeah, he is a huge Canadian pussy.....

Republican voters only hold liberals to moral and ethical standards. GOP candidates can do/say whatever the fuck they want with zero repercussions. 

Pedos, aborted babies, weakening defense, outing spies , inviting foreign attacks, fake Nazis...rehab, DUIs, kids in cages....

4 hours ago, horncyclist said:

Beto called Cruz out on taking help from a guy who said his father murdered JFK and "denigrated" family members. In other words, Cruz is a cuck.

This is great, he reallly needs to drive this point every chance gen gets, show the trump tweets etc

7 hours ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

79fcbd653bbbdba3d9a232b70fc6e483.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet he will actually vote. 

Missed Votes

From Jan 2013 to Aug 2018, Cruz missed 235 of 1,684 roll call votes, which is 14.0%. This is much worse than the median of 1.5% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/ted_cruz/412573

6 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

It's weird to think that one of Trump's tenants died in a residence exempted from sprinklers this year is somewhat lost in the miasma of shit from the wake of this guy's existence on Earth, but whatevs. GOP really doesn't have any bigger bullets in the chamber than a 20 year old DUI.

The gop will throw everything they can at the wall and see what sticks.  Social media will help them understand what people care about.  If they see that few care about the dwi, they will move on.

cruz only has so many policy issues that he can bring up.   I still predict his entire message will end up at judges, judges, judges.  Which is sad because the senate should be more than just a conduit for the president to nominate judges to the bench.

7 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

You and I don't but her thesis committee has never heard of them. Edna from Dubuque is also vaguely familiar with the term "rap music " , gangsta she ain't. 

We're not against rap, we're not against rappers, but we are against Ted Cruz

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Taken outside Caldwell by a friend of a friend. 

40358112_2128152590550616_64827578806330

This showed up on my FB feed too.

As a sane, rational adult, I'm not even sure how to respond. When a person is that far off in the deep end, I don't feel compelled to swim over to keep them from drowning in crazy. It sucks, because I know they're actively pulling others down with them.

There are two other signs next to that one.  My son took pics one day and i will get him to send them.  They aren't as hateful as this one.  Surprisingly there isn't a huge MAGA sign alongside.  

They are actually outside of Paige on 21 just east of 290.   Since the property adjoins the Whoop Stop, I am assuming the same idiot family got some sort of oil windfall and started all this shit.  The Whoop Stop was built about 5 or 6 years ago as a stop and rob for aggy headed to and from college station.  It has a little bonfire out front.  I kid you not.  Had some weird pagoda thing I guess for people to stop and muster or eat sausage under.  But it collapsed after just 4 years of standing.  Place was shiny when it was new, but now it looks like a 2 bit whore on the side of the road.   I've never stopped, but probably a shrine to the orange turd on one end, and a wall dedicated to Qanon with pics and maroon yarn stretched from point to point. 

Those signs stand in front of a little par 3 course that has been under construction for like 2 years.  Truly cow pasture pool.  Not a tree on the course.  You can see some of the pins in the background under the sign.    They are also raking it in selling those portable storage buildings.  "Murica.   

I try really hard to accept that these people have the same rights as I do, but that is hard to do when they apparently do not practice the same tolerance. 

Edited by pyrohornIII
added flags

I think there's one along I-45 North somewhere near Corsicana that says something like "Thank God for Abbott and Trump" and refers to the "Demo-rats."  I'm sure the Cletuses who spent a few days coming up with that gem and then hi-fived upon completion of their opus.

Edited by Message Board User

That is probably the stupid J Street claim. J Street is consolidating individual contributions through their website. Cruz's campaign keeps claiming it is a PAC donation (from Soros) rather than what it actual is.
You can go to opensecrets and see that he has no received PAC money.

https://www.fec.gov/data/reports/house-senate/?data_type=processed&committee_id=C00501197&type=S
  • Like 1

Its a huge risk.

I’m in the camp that he needs it. For as horrible as Cruz is, and as strong Beto is, I’m guessing one of the biggest concerns Cruz has is blowback for that 12 seconds of backbone he showed when he told Republicans to “vote their conscience “ at the convention. I’m sure there are a number of Trumpsters who vowed to never vote for him after that. Cruz needs Trump to win them back. I think it’s one of the few races where Trump could actually help significantly.

But October is a long way away. If Trump is more damaged by then. Cruz can’t say anything that Trump might see as negative over the next few weeks, regardless of what the news cycles bring. The non-answers in the face of the inevitable Trump fuckups will be funny. And if Trump is more damaged by October, it could leave Cruz in a no-win situation. He cannot cancel without completely alienating Trumpsters.

If I was Cruz, I would be trying to get Trump’s help, but I would want it next week. October is too unpredictable.

Hunting with a dozen guys....I’m betting most of them voted Trump, and many would still support him. But there are breaks in the armor. We don’t talk politics, but enough issue talk has happened that there are cracks showing.

But who cares, we’re hunting, drinking beer, eating dove, and watching football. The world is right, for a moment (well...UT still looks shitty, but what’s new?)

But this. 100%.