The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

4 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

A fellow with the Claremont Institute made a twitter thread yesterday decrying the conviction of Gregory McMichael for killing Ahmaud Arbery. This is how he characterized an obvious case of murder:

This isn't some random nobody on twitter, this is a member of the Claremont Institute, which is key in shaping right wing intellectual thought. Last April I posted in this thread about something another Claremont guy wrote, in which he characterized American liberals as zombies and human rodents and implied that the American government needs to be destroyed and replaced by a white supremacist state. You might notice in our buddy Pedro's twitter thread a certain question:

"What can be done about your stupid lib who views the legal system as a way to pay racial penance or exact vengeance?" Implicit in the question, of course, is what can be done about us within the current justice system? And his answer: "not much." But it's clear that he thinks we've unjustifiably convicted George McMichael for "protecting his neighborhood" because police failed to protect it from Ahmaud Arbery's mere presence. 

If you listen to the podcast discussion I linked above about psychoanalysis of the right, near the end there's some discussion about how men on the right understand liberal politics as quite literally intended to castrate them. Somewhere deep in their dark recesses of their minds they think that if they do not get to wield total control via the violent suppression of everyone who isn't them, then black men will rape their women and cut their dicks off. I think the only way to understand something like this twitter thread is to realize that it comes from some sort of deeply psychosexual primal terror, and the Claremont Institute's project is to transform that into an acceptable political ideology that will provide a moral foundation for fascism and mass violence. Because what can they do about those of us who will allow black men to rape their women and cut their dicks off? That's the type of threat they think we pose to them and they're focusing all of their intellectual and emotional efforts on that question. 

no-no-thats-normal.gif

I sometimes wish I were a less scrupulous man. I'd probably be richer and happier. And since I don't believe in heaven or hell, I wouldn't have to worry much about what happens next. and yet, I continually do the right thing by default. stupid brain

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Woland said:

Seen headed north through McKinney. Maybe headed to a Shelly Luther campaign rally, but there are plenty of other reasonable guesses to be had.

168d784f550f029070d6c523f829bc1d.jpg

I would actually be impressed if they had the guts to cover that thing in "FUCK JOE BIDEN" and were selling FBJ merchandise.  

I would cheer them on for having the balls to say it/do it.

But they gotta be fucking cowards.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, TexPx said:

Not sure who these people are. Been running around TX/OK for about a month with a big motorhome and a big trailer. At least they are taking the show to Florida soon.

Nothing on their website indicates the source of funding or any PAC, so I would be interested to know the source whatever it is.

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Nothing on their website indicates the source of funding or any PAC, so I would be interested to know the source whatever it is.

Source of what funding, exactly? They're selling shit. You think they've raised start-up capital, registered an entity with the state of Texas and the IRS, and are working in conjunction with other agencies? It's two guys who bought a trailer, had it wrapped with their message, and are selling shirts and caps and buttons via cash or venmo, PROBABLY not reporting anything to the IRS, and are capitalizing on the fact that the shitbags who want to buy this merchandise will feel validated buying it from a black man that their overall message and core being isn't racist. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Source of what funding, exactly? They're selling shit. You think they've raised start-up capital, registered an entity with the state of Texas and the IRS, and are working in conjunction with other agencies? It's two guys who bought a trailer, had it wrapped with their message, and are selling shirts and caps and buttons via cash or venmo, PROBABLY not reporting anything to the IRS, and are capitalizing on the fact that the shitbags who want to buy this merchandise will feel validated buying it from a black man that their overall message and core being isn't racist. 

Winner.  Grift-mobile.

23 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Somewhere deep in their dark recesses of their minds they think that if they do not get to wield total control via the violent suppression of everyone who isn't them, then black men will rape their women and cut their dicks off.

shocked steve harvey GIF

• Haha 3

Tommy Tuberville remains a piece of shit:

• Sen. Tommy Tuberville of Alabama, who has been a staunch critic of China and companies there, yet again bought stock and options in Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba last month, a new disclosure report reveals.
  •  
  • Tuberville made three separate purchases of Alibaba shares valued at as much as $300,000 in total.
  •  
  • The buys were made less than five months after the Republican’s spokeswoman said that in mid-2000 he had ordered his financial advisors to sell off a small stake in Alibaba stock after becoming aware it was in his portfolio.
  •  
  • Tuberville was revealed in July as having violated a federal financial transparency law, the STOCK Act, by failing to file disclosures of about 130 stock and stock options trades from January 2021 through May 2021 within a 45-day deadline.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/12/china-critic-sen-tommy-tuberville-of-alabama-bought-alibaba-stock.html

Yeah, their FB page lists them as a “business”. I think Bruce Carter, the dude who founded “Black Men For Bernie” then went MAGA is the owner.

9 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

These Republicans, who are still in office 16 years later, voted for the Voting Rights Act reauthorization in 2006.  I wonder what has changed?

FI5oj8fXoAE8KRh.jpg.3420df39c5de9a09ffa21edf33440612.jpg

People were afraid of being labeled a racist in 2006. That fear no longer exists

• Rage+1 1

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Remember how they were canceling the NFL because of kneeling and stuff?

https://sportsbusinessjournal.com/Journal/Issues/2022/01/10/Upfront/Ratings.aspx

All it took for most of my "anti-wokeness" friends to get over their NFL ban was for the Cowboys to be reasonably good again. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

All it took for most of my "anti-wokeness" friends to get over their NFL ban was for the Cowboys to be reasonably good again. 

Same. I really only had one of my right wing friends who claimed he was boycotting the NFL. For the others they’re too invested in the Cowboys to stop watching in the first place and generally aren’t total idiots to begin with.

Lotta people are saying there's three branches of government now.  Most people didn't know that.  But a lotta people noticing those other branches now, because of me...because of what we did to bring greatness to the other branches.  Just like we added Space Force to the three branches of the military (Army, Navy, and the other one with the boats), we may be looking to add other branches to the Government as well.  Lotta big things coming.  You watch.  Tremendous branches.  Almost like a trunk or a stump, gonna be fantastic.  We'll have more on this in two weeks.  But just phenomenal.  You wait.  

Edited by Lobo