The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

Ignore the overall cognitive issues of the timeline in 2020, just focus on the fact the chair of tarrant county (Fort Worth) gop is saying the govt will carry out terror attacks on the us citizenry

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bluto said:

Ignore the overall cognitive issues of the timeline in 2020, just focus on the fact the chair of tarrant county (Fort Worth) gop is saying the govt will carry out terror attacks on the us citizenry

"Making Tarrant County inhospitable to Democrats"? Wow.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 5.41.35 PM.png

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

giphy.gif

'Fraid I'm not tech worthy enough to be able to change that phrase to "welcome to the GOP, pal."

Come out to the Metroplex.  We'll have a few laughs.  

Oh, shit...

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/26/politics/rnc-election-fraud-job-interview-question/index.html

Current and potential staffers at the Republican National Committee have been asked in recent job interviews whether they believe the 2020 election was stolen, according to two sources familiar with the questioning.

Over the past few weeks, Trump advisers have asked current and potential RNC employees about their views of fraud during the 2020 election, with the question serving as an apparent litmus test for hiring, the sources said.

Use of the question comes after the Trump campaign has effectively merged its operations with the RNC. The Washington Post first reported the substance of the interview questions.

A key focus for the Trump campaign, and newly-elected leadership at the RNC, ahead of the 2024 election is election fraud. Much of that focus stems from former President Donald Trump’s dissatisfaction with how the RNC handled claims of election fraud around the 2020 election, multiple sources familiar with the matter said. There is no evidence of widespread election fraud in the last presidential contest.

“Candidates who worked on the front line in battleground states or are currently in states where fraud allegations have been prevalent were asked about their work experience. We want experienced staff with meaningful views on how elections are won and lost and real experience-based opinions about what happens in the trenches,” RNC spokeswoman Danielle Alvarez told CNN.

Trump advisers have also told potential new hires that they should plan to move to West Palm Beach, Florida, where Trump’s campaign is centered, the sources said

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

2 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

There are a select few humans I hope never to meet and face the decision whether to end their lives. I am talking about a spontaneous circumstance. This pendenjo is on my list.

Yep and Tucker Carlson is on that list, as well.  I recall seeing some clip of TC in a fly fishing store up in the Rockies somewhere.  A dude was confronting him about being a Russian troll or something along those lines.  All I could think was if I'd been in that situation, there was a good chance I'd be in jail for attempted (or successful) murder. 

• Hook 'Em 2

19 hours ago, bluto said:

Read “they” as GOP and it all checks out.

• Hook 'Em 1

With the RNC and Trump broke for this election cycle, I can't wait (and simultaneously dread) to see their lawyers and spokespeople especially with the inevitable election fraud claims. The future tv appearances will make the Rudy post-election press conferences look like a MENSA debate.

As for some right wing billionaires willing to prop up the RNC and Trump, even some of them may hit their limits. It's one thing to put $1m into Abbott's campaign but something else to give $500m to Trump.

20 hours ago, bluto said:

This is definitely one of those "every accusation is a confession" things.

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

This is definitely one of those "every accusation is a confession" things.

After the first two lines I had to double check to see who I was reading. Oh, yeah. Upside down land. Bizzaro world.

Democrats win the White House by about 80 EVs and about seven million votes. Republicans try to overturn the election and attempt a coup to put Trump in power, which would effectively end democracy in this country.

Republicans: "Can you believe what democrats did???" 

Edited by Red Five
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

37 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

With the RNC and Trump broke for this election cycle, I can't wait (and simultaneously dread) to see their lawyers and spokespeople especially with the inevitable election fraud claims. The future tv appearances will make the Rudy post-election press conferences look like a MENSA debate.

As for some right wing billionaires willing to prop up the RNC and Trump, even some of them may hit their limits. It's one thing to put $1m into Abbott's campaign but something else to give $500m to Trump.

Assuming he will be made able to cash out of Trump media, I wonder if the billionaires will tell him to use his own money for once or if the broke morons will quit giving him $10 when they have $10 and he has billions. 

18 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Democrats win the White House by about 80 EVs and about seven million votes. Republicans try to overturn the election and attempt a coup to put Trump in power, which would effectively end democracy in this country.

Republicans: "Can you believe what democrats did???" 

I think what Bo French was talking about was he thinks (or pretends to think) that Dems engineered the covid pandemic.  Tens of millions of Republicans think covid was some manufactured Dem plot to take Trump out. They can't decide if they think covid itself was real and dangerous and manufactured by Dems and China together or whether the whole thing was faked all over the globe by an impossibly powerful global cabal (obviously helmed by (((Jews)))) to defraud the American public, or whatever other insane ideas some of the DT posters are probably entertaining now that they're too ashamed to admit they take seriously.

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Some may hit their limits.  Yass clearly didn't.  Trump is worth billions more this week than last week.  I would not assume that's the end of the gravy train.  (Accessing that "wealth" may prove difficult in the short term, but it's still his.)

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I think what Bo French was talking about was he thinks (or pretends to think) that Dems engineered the covid pandemic. 

Assumed he meant stealing the election, but I guess that's even dumber.

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Some may hit their limits.  Yass clearly didn't.  Trump is worth billions more this week than last week.  I would not assume that's the end of the gravy train.  (Accessing that "wealth" may prove difficult in the short term, but it's still his.)

Yass may have run some numbers that said giving Trump media a few billion dollars in exchange for him telling Rs not to kill TikTok was less costly to him than having TikTok banned in the US.  

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think Yass's bet is that if he can get Trump re-elected he can kill or severely downgrade the Dept of Education and make bank in charter schools or becoming the "subcontractor" that provides education. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I think what Bo French was talking about was he thinks (or pretends to think) that Dems engineered the covid pandemic.  Tens of millions of Republicans think covid was some manufactured Dem plot to take Trump out. They can't decide if they think covid itself was real and dangerous and manufactured by Dems and China together or whether the whole thing was faked all over the globe by an impossibly powerful global cabal (obviously helmed by (((Jews)))) to defraud the American public, or whatever other insane ideas some of the DT posters are probably entertaining now that they're too ashamed to admit they take seriously.

Pffft. Do you even gain of function bro!?

10 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I think Yass's bet is that if he can get Trump re-elected he can kill or severely downgrade the Dept of Education and make bank in charter schools or becoming the "subcontractor" that provides education. 

I doubt that Trump is asking very little at this point to enact whatever the donor wants. Saudis - you want to develop nuclear weapons? Hell, I will give you nuclear weapons if you get me elected.

“I will tell you that our system is broken,” Trump said on stage in Thursday's GOP candidates' debate. “I gave to many people before this -- before two months ago I was a businessman. I give to everybody. When they call, I give. And you know what, when I need something from them two years later, three years later, I call them. They are there for me. That's a broken system.”

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trumps-surprisingly-honest-lessons-big-money-politics/story?id=32993736

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Let’s see what Trump’s company is worth on the stock market when most of the shares, including his,  are tradeable. I’m unsure there has ever been a company having this type of valuation with so few customers/users and such low revenue.  It lost $49mm on $3mm revenue. That itself isn’t unheard of with startups but those startups are not valued at $9b on the public market.

my assumption is that this is some combination of GameStop/short squeeze and relatively few shares available for trading. But we’ll see. Regardless trump can’t sell today and I can’t imagine anyone letting him borrow much on his stake.

• Hook 'Em 2