Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

34 minutes ago, Goredho said:

The emperor has no clothes, but the asshole still has nukes and the peasants are laughing at him, wondering why they ever feared him.  This is a critical time where any small thing could tip this from being a local conflict to WW3.

I am curious, who here has children of an age to be drafted if this were to turn into WW3?  My oldest is 13, but I have some nieces and nephews who would be of an age to be called.  I can’t imagine them going to war.  They just aren’t equipped to be soldiers on a psychological level.

Here is to that being unnecessary.

Have you not noticed the complete ineptness of the Russian military against modern tech? 

NATO can teabag RU at will. RU is reportedly asking for peace talks 72 hours into getting pants.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

6 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Man, I admire y’all for trying to be good people, but fuck that. Ukraine sucks. 

I'm going to be in Hungary (among other countries) in September (assuming it's still there, and no I won't be pissed if I can't go/Joyless Behar) and the family has now pitched a short stint into Ukraine, probably to Lviv, and we'll go just to spend some $$.  Hope we can make it.  I'm mostly Hungarian by descent with a little Ukrainian thrown in (great grandpa, remember that night you got smacked on Vodka and went over the border to that Ukrainian bordello?...)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

I mentioned it last night.  But for those that can spare 90 mins today go watch the Netflix Doc City Under Fire.  Even if you followed it at the time, well put together doc and watching a bunch of unarmed people continue advancing in the face of gunfire explains a lot about their current resolve. They were armed with shields and bricks in 2014.  Now they all have automatic weapons and molotov cocktails ready to defend their city.  So yeah, good luck with that Putin.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I’m struck by how little credence you can place on ANY info right now…”unconfirmed reports out of…”

I’d wager less than 10% of everything being passed around as truth has any merit to it.

I honestly still haven't recovered from the Ghost of Kyiv not being real 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

I'm going to be in Hungary (among other countries) in September (assuming it's still there, and no I won't be pissed if I can't go/Joyless Behar) and the family has now pitched a short stint into Ukraine, probably to Lviv, and we'll go just to spend some $$.  Hope we can make it.  I'm mostly Hungarian by descent with a little Ukrainian thrown in (great grandpa, remember that night you got smacked on Vodka and went over the border to that Ukrainian bordello?...)

I loved living in Hungary. There probably aren't that great a number of tourist sites at least compared to the Czech Republic, but the people were very nice and it seemed like a comfortable place to be.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I mentioned it last night.  But for those that can spare 90 mins today go watch the Netflix Doc City Under Fire.  Even if you followed it at the time, well put together doc and watching a bunch of unarmed people continue advancing in the face of gunfire explains a lot about their current resolve. They were armed with shields and bricks in 2014.  Now they all have automatic weapons and molotov cocktails ready to defend their city.  So yeah, good luck with that Putin.

That damage wasn't done by molotov cocktails

bed%7Ctwterm%5E1497917802644008960%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.surlyhorns.com%2Fboard%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcoremodule%3Dsystemcontroller%3Dembedurl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fmrsorokaa%2Fstatus%2F1497917802644008960

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

That damage wasn't done by molotov cocktails

bed%7Ctwterm%5E1497917802644008960%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.surlyhorns.com%2Fboard%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcoremodule%3Dsystemcontroller%3Dembedurl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fmrsorokaa%2Fstatus%2F1497917802644008960

Oh yeah, they got the real shit too.  I'm just talking about your average 40 year old with zero military experience that is down.    I think just more of the realization I don't see how Russia can take the city absent resorting to war crimes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I loved living in Hungary. There probably aren't that great a number of tourist sites at least compared to the Czech Republic, but the people were very nice and it seemed like a comfortable place to be.

Outside of Budpest, a few, but Budapest is absolutely freaking amazing.  We spent a lot of time in hot baths, etc.  When I was there last, the country was still sort of coming out of the Iron Curtain funk, and eating/nightlife weren't quite what they appear to be now.  So I'm looking forward to it.

And yes, everyone, and I mean everyone over there grows Paprika.  Stereotype is true.

Just now, Skipper said:

Oh yeah, they got the real shit too.  I'm just talking about your average 40 year old with zero military experience that is down.    I think just more of the realization I don't see how Russia can take the city absent resorting to war crimes.

The military guys here were saying modern US weaponry is intuitive point, auto lock, pull the trigger, tank destroyed. So training is simple, quick and easy. Proving to be highly effective in the hands of just about anyone. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

Enchubben’s Peace talk conditions:

1) Russia immediately forfeit all weapons and vehicles and withdraw all military forces from Ukraine.

2) Russia agree to prosecute and execute Putin for war crimes.

3) Restitution for injured/killed Ukrainians and payment to fix damaged critical infrastructure.

4) Russia to create new state sponsored NFT of dildos falling on Putin’s head.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй