Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

A key thing to remember is that Russia (and certainly Putin) has a FUCK of a lot less to lose than the West if this thing escalates.  Anyone advocated the US doing much more than they already are is just wishing for a worldwide nuclear holocaust.

We had a good run. Time to let the cockroaches take back over.

1 minute ago, XYZ said:

If Russia were to launch 100 nuclear ICBMs at the USA, how many, realistically, could the USA intercept and destroy?

Zero.

Here's the real question I have given their communications issue--if Putin were to give the order to launch, might we not know before the launch commanders?

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, NoName said:

I hope they are really careful with its use.  Don't want that turning into a homing device for RU ordinance.

27 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Problem is #fuckChina is conveniently hoarding more than half of the worlds grain supplies.  Seems a little too prescient, but I digress......

Control of a lot of resources by political rivals is always a danger.  But I'd think grain is one of the least of our worries.  Yes prices may go up with a decline in easily accessible worldwide supply but we have the acreage and capacity to mitigate much of that I would think.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Sadly, frighteningly.....THIS.

Russia and the Russian people have a path forward.

Putin does not.  And a cornered dog with nothing to lose can do some pretty terrible things.

This is everyone’s concern particularly  if he has a health problem and a shelf life of a year or two if the stuff being floated all over the US media is accurate and not just psyops stuff. He thinks nothing of humans in his own country or those in Ukraine and even far less of those in any other country. He is a threat. And should absolutely be treated as a fly in the ointment of God and the world and be taken out. 

50 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I do too.  And yes, in war, the first casualty is the truth.

But even if you digest the information with the appropriate degree of skepticism, some themes emerge that appear to be rather accurate:

1 -- Russia is taking much higher casualties and destroyed material than anyone expected, and it's having a material affect on their progress.

2 -- Russia still has plenty of troops, weapons, and ammo, to put a serious hurting on Ukraine, and most certainly will.

3 -- That hurting will inevitably involve targeting of civilian areas, and the munitions that Russia has left are not very sophisticated or "smart."  It's old school "area attacks."

4 -- when all is said and done, there will be a shitload of dead civilians and a lot of destroyed civilian areas.

5 -- the economic sanctions and complete isolation of Russia are unprecedented, and will have a staggering affect across the board.

6 -- Putin is piece of dick.

I am with you on everything except the degree to which he -- and more importantly the troops in the field -- are willing go on numbers 3 and 4. But that could just be me succumbing to Ukrainian propaganda about Russian troops mutinying, abandoning tanks, etc. 

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I am with you on everything except the degree to which he -- and more importantly the troops in the field -- are willing go on numbers 3 and 4. But that could just be me succumbing to Ukrainian propaganda about Russian troops mutinying, abandoning tanks, etc. 

Dude.....you are familiar with this timeline.  Remember the rules:

1 -- there is no bottom.

2 -- it only gets worse.

When all is said and done here, the civilian body count is going to be horrific.  You know it as well as I do.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

What if a ceasefire is agreed upon and Putin pulls his troops back?  Doubtful, but a contingency none the less?  My guess then is the sanctions remain as long as he remains, but no further military interventions and capital/aid flow into Ukraine

Russia may have a way back, but they are economically destroyed until Putin is gone. Which means he won’t be in charge much longer, or alive much longer than that. 

Everyone is thinking nuke strikes. Imagine what a cyber attack that crippled our electrical grid for a month would do. Or an actual EMP attack. Or a hypersonic cruise missile strike on things like the Atchafalaya Locks. You can F up America for a long time and kill most of our populace without glassing our cities. And Putin may not care what the reprisals are once he understands that he’s a dead man walking.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Dog said:

So here's what I'd want to know right now - what do the decision makers in Moscow (civilian and military and not Putin) know about the real situation in Ukraine? 

Are they all eating propaganda, or are they getting the real situation? 

I’m sorry this post made me laugh. We’re all being fed propaganda. How much it affects us is dependent on the individual, but it’s a big part of social media. I’m just trying to take everything with a huge grain of salt. It didn’t just start here either. Remember Chinese people falling over with Covid?

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Everyone is thinking nuke strikes. Imagine what a cyber attack that crippled our electrical grid for a month would do. Or an actual EMP attack. Or a hypersonic cruise missile strike on things like the Atchafalaya Locks. You can F up America for a long time and kill most of our populace without glassing our cities. And Putin may not care what the reprisals are once he understands that he’s a dead man walking.  

Yeah, that's what has me worried.  I know I sound like a broken record, but it's the counterpunch that scares the crap out of me.  And there will be one.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, 'stache said:

So the thinking is that if the US and/or NATO intervened militarily to crush Russia for good, it'll be nuclear war. If the sanctions successfully isolate Russia and starts causing real starvation and related problems, what is to stop Putin from using nukes anyway? Once humans invented the goddamned things we guaranteed our own future demise. Why not now? Only half-way facetious here. If we intervene and can get Putin out of power right away maybe he doesn't have time to launch nukes, or maybe someone within would stop him from pushing the button. In reality, it's probably not worth poking that bear as fucked up as what they're doing to Ukraine is, but I am quite certain that we will extinct ourselves eventually.

This crossed my mind, as well.

Russia is headed for disaster, one way or another.  If Putin is hellbent on taking the world with him, we’re fucked in any scenario that doesn’t allow Putin to get his way.

14 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Zero.

Here's the real question I have given their communications issue--if Putin were to give the order to launch, might we not know before the launch commanders?

right and with unsecured communication, launch commanders would in all likelihood need to get verification and validation of the order giving everyone else quite a bit of additional time. 

Jeezus. If Russia were a Resturant it would be a one star Arbys

Edited by Doc Reeves

15 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Living in Lubbock is staring to look pretty good.

Yeah, we are fucked. My son is in Santa Fe and will be in Annapolis. My parents go between Houston and Santa Fe. We are building in Northern Idaho, but there is a submarine base there of all places. So, I guess I just have to hope that I am on vacation in Tulum if shit goes down.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Well my family’s place has been offered (no joke if that goes down.) doesn’t matter if you don’t like me. It’s there if that goes down. It’s about 12 miles from Claude, Texas. 

8CD082C2-A8C1-4980-88B5-4419D3E72D8A.jpeg

D113BE77-98F9-44BF-AF78-E7D0DC7FF7C5.jpeg

F8342852-5E7D-48F1-B67E-CF3287CBC934.jpeg

71A24F24-70A6-4CCD-9D4D-7A98C44B6EA0.gif.e02c4dd81fcfe6777dd52bd895c7cb31.gif

what if there’s no nuclear war but my wife’s being a bitch and my kids are driving me crazy?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

By the end of the week literally no one is going to do any business with Russia at all.  Millions of innocent Russians paying the price for this dickhead invading and killing folks. Imagine being some Russian 8 year old kid just going to school and shit. All the sudden. No food. No money no cable. No Apple tick tok tv  nothing 

Not a single luxury?

image.gif.338e8791c1d25341847b445a2d103968.gif

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Russia may have a way back, but they are economically destroyed until Putin is gone. Which means he won’t be in charge much longer, or alive much longer than that. 

What chilled me to the bone was the Russian Foreign ministers comment yesterday.  He said hey if Russia isn't left here to play why should we not take everything with us.  It doesn't matter if 1 or 100 of those nukes make it up there.  They all have multiple reentry vehicles.  So that's multiple targets.  Throw that with a cyber attack and yeah.  We are proper fucked.

Yeah a Putin withdrawal is impossible at this point.  

11 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Yeah, we are fucked. My son is in Santa Fe and will be in Annapolis. My parents go between Houston and Santa Fe. We are building in Northern Idaho, but there is a submarine base there of all places. So, I guess I just have to hope that I am on vacation in Tulum if shit goes down.

Secret submarine base?  They used to have a training reactor where some of the nukes would go for prototype but that's long gone.  That's also the location we found out the army can't.be trusted with a nuclear reactor.

21 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Well my family’s place has been offered (no joke if that goes down.) doesn’t matter if you don’t like me. It’s there if that goes down. It’s about 12 miles from Claude, Texas. 

8CD082C2-A8C1-4980-88B5-4419D3E72D8A.jpeg

D113BE77-98F9-44BF-AF78-E7D0DC7FF7C5.jpeg

F8342852-5E7D-48F1-B67E-CF3287CBC934.jpeg

AliceClones.gif.88198cf46367b3a33a9fef4fc223bf2f.gif

Makes you wish you had bought a surplus missile silo for zombie apocalypses, Milla Jovovich kicking everyone's ass, and such.  #UmbrellaCorporation  Lulz.

Edited by BachelorTrek
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Fico said:

Of all the armies in the world, the one that should have known how to deal with it, if that's even possible, or not to invade at this time of the year would have been the Russians. Check another fuckup box. 

2 hours ago, Updawg said:

That’s what I don’t understand

1 hour ago, FartingMonk said:

I think they wanted and were planning to invade earlier.  The Olympics of all things got them.  I think that was part of his meeting with Xi and the other was the offensive blitz of intelligence launched by the US.  Each time they put some out, they got delayed by another week.

And if they weren't letting a lot of the senior and mid-level officers, the junior officers, and the NCOs in on the plans, then the troops weren't able to adequately anticipate what they would need to take with them, how they should setup their convoys - hint: If you are moving equipment from Fort Hood to Fort Bliss by road for some reason (instead of by rail), it's far different than driving a convoy between two locations in Iraq.  I've done plenty of drills.  Those were far different than a combat deployment.

And that all circles back to the folks saying they are somehow keeping their best and brightest in reserve - I don't see how or why they would keep those folks back, when they couldn't even execute on a proper timeline (to take into account the mud).  Because if their best and brightest were being held back, that means that the best and brightest are not only having to contend with entrenched (and now experienced) Ukrainians who are being supplied with fantastic weapons, but they are having to start off dealing with all of the supply problems that were created in the first 3-5 days.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Video is interesting. First row in berets, no masks and with beards. Carrying standard weapons. Behind them what looks like regular Russian troops, with some heavy shit. So what? The Chechens sent in the first row to lead the Russians? 

Chechens without masks are essentially biological weapons. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

What chilled me to the bone was the Russian Foreign ministers comment yesterday.  He said hey if Russia isn't left here to play why should we not take everything with us.  It doesn't matter if 1 or 100 of those nukes make it up there.  They all have multiple reentry vehicles.  So that's multiple targets.  Throw that with a cyber attack and yeah.  We are proper fucked.

3 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

If it’s getting MIRV time then pick a strategic asset and get as close to it as possible. A few blinding milliseconds of light and no pain. 

I actually wonder if the world’s governments suffice themselves with wiping out the world populace without using nukes. It’s easily possible, and you know some vestiges of governments and militaries will survive. Planet is reusable, limited civilization starts again, and the notional governments still have the big toys to ward off anyone who may have fared better than the others. Rome falls. Just in a lot less spectacular fashion than in a flurry of mushroom clouds. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Perhaps the miracle that’s being prayed for?

Should probably make clear its payable in USD. Also, I thought the oligarchs were billionaires. Only $1 mil? Cheap fucking bastards. That's like us putting up $3.50.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BachelorTrek said:

The youngins have no idea of what living during the Cold War with the USSR constant threat and what MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) means.

1234.  My wife is not that much younger than me, but she does not remember that stuff.  Those of us who remember the duck and cover bullshit, The Day After, World War III (the mini-series with Cathy Lee Crosby and Starsky or Hutch). 

970371-0-q80.jpg

She remembers Red Dawn, but watched it years later because of who was in it.

• Hook 'Em 3