Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Just now, gmr548 said:

I know your hot takes are second only to Helobious but I’m kind of with you here. Vast majority of Russia will have no idea what really played out if they know anything at all. They will be fed some bullshit about how Putin stymied the coup or was working with Wagner and they will accept it at face value.

What the vast majority of Russians do or do not think doesn’t matter.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I will again remind everyone that our sources of information about what’s happening are Russian government officials that literally lie about everything and a guy who had his own troll farm. 

QFT

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Hopefully I don’t get in trouble for mentioning that it’s going to be interesting to see China’s response to these most recent developments.

@blacklab feel free to move that comment to the spy balloon thread if it’s more appropriate there.

China isn't going to respond. Just like us and everyone else they have no control over any of it and are just watching to see what happens. There's way too much nuclear firepower in Russia to do anything other than just watch from the outside when shit starts to go down from the inside. 

Hell, we've proven twice in the last 21 years in Iraq and Afghanistan that we couldn't even control what happened in little shithole muslim countries with no nukes after we toppled their regimes. Iraq spun out of control and gave rise to ISIS and the Taliban just waited us out for 20 years and walked back into power with no issue. 

To me Putin's best play here is to scapegoat Wagner as the excuse why he had to pull back from Ukraine and end the war. That Russia was accomplishing it's goals but then Wagner became little pussies and threw a fit and it completely allowed Ukraine and the American devils to regroup and take back all that Russia had gained. Then pool his forces back under his control and exert his authority. If he doesn't take this off ramp that Wagner gave him the situation will just get worse and worse for him over time. 

I'm sure he's too delusional and too much of a megalomaniac to see that right now he's fighting for his own control not Ukraine. 

• Hook 'Em 1

There’s a vital piece of information missing from this whole story. I don’t know what, but things do not make sense. 

It was like that with the sub story. We all knew the Navy could keep tabs on anything anywhere in any ocean. And yet this sub disappears? Nope. They just didn’t tell the public. 

There is a vital piece to this story missing. 

• Hook 'Em 6

6 minutes ago, Wade said:

Pringles just seems to be Dennis Rodman.  Does whatever the fuck feels right to him at the moment.  Last night it felt right to march on Moscow.  Today, it felt right to turn around.  It's probably that simple

I wouldn't be surprised if he felt a ton of pressure from inside his group to do something as they became more and more disgruntled with how they've been used, supplied, and treated. 

Remember he only has wealth and power because Putin gave him wealth and power. Putin's corruption led to his rise and his paramilitary group is funded by the Kremlin. He's basically the leader of Russia's version of Blackwater. He and his group were down in south Russia 1200 km south of Moscow. Without the Russian funding or the backing of the majority of Russia's military he was never going to make it anywhere near staging a coup. 

There's not a lot of logic going around in that country. It looks like a lot of people under a ton of stress making desperate decisions. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Ukraine needs to Storm Shadow the shit outta that Wagner convoy as it heads back towards Ukraine.

Yeah if there are any UA SOFs operating along M4 right now they need to do their best to stir up shit with the coup convoy. Anything to provoke Priggy.

Bttf GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Ukraine needs to Storm Shadow the shit outta that Wagner convoy as it heads back towards Ukraine.

They said they were going back to their "military camps" but that doesn't necessarily mean inside Ukraine.

I'm not saying they'll turn around and go right back in, but if they read the tea leaves and question why these mercs were willing to march on Moscow and had police, the population, and military join them, they'll see there really isn't a big appetite on the ground to keep dying in Ukraine.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Agreed. I want to see that bald pig man get his skull split open like a melon. Ultimately, they all showed themselves to be nothing more than a gaggle of dysfunctional, murderous, soviet-minded, commie bags of fuck. Anyone capable of being honest with themselves will understand that Ukraine is a beacon of light in comparison. 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Peskov says any Wagner fighters that didn’t rebel will sign contracts with MOD. Others won’t be charged. Prigozhin will have criminal case dropped and will go to Belarus (to do what…..) 

My head hurts. I got nothing. 

Prigozhin appointed the new leader of Belarus via martial law due to the poor health of its leader, and immediately orders their military to attack Ukraine from the north (all while waiting for Putin die of cancer so he can assume the presidency of the entire Russian Federation. )

Lukashenko’s family leaves Belarus forever and gets to keep stolen fortune.   

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Peskov says any Wagner fighters that didn’t rebel will sign contracts with MOD. Others won’t be charged. Prigozhin will have criminal case dropped and will go to Belarus (to do what…..) 

My head hurts. I got nothing. 

Prigozhin didn’t think it all the way through and Putin was scared too and it resulted in both men acting like an erectile dysfunction commercial resulting in exile and military changes.  That’s all I’ve got so far.

Edited by troph
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, statsman said:

Putin’s options-

1. Pull the required military resources to quell this from Ukraine and risk a big breakthrough in the Ukrainian counteroffensive. 
2. use Kadyrov’s Chechen…no, I can’t complete the thought. Kadyrov is too much of a clown. His “forces” are thugs, not soldiers. They might be useful in slowing down Wagner, by dying, if they could be made to actually engage. Which is questionable. 
3. Let the domestic forces try to stop Prighozin, knowing they are more “police” than “army”. 
4. Cut a deal with Prighozin. Purge Shoigu and make Prighozin #2. (If that seems crazy, prior Russian #2s have beeen Rasputin and Beria). 
5. Make a more credible nuclear threat against Ukraine to hold them back while option 1 is pursued?

6. Quote Don Meredith (on a Cowboys charter in danger of crashing in a storm) “Boys, it’s been a good ol good ‘un”, slug back some vodka and put a bullet in his brain  

Am I missing anything?

So, number 4?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, statsman said:

Putin’s options-

1. Pull the required military resources to quell this from Ukraine and risk a big breakthrough in the Ukrainian counteroffensive. 
2. use Kadyrov’s Chechen…no, I can’t complete the thought. Kadyrov is too much of a clown. His “forces” are thugs, not soldiers. They might be useful in slowing down Wagner, by dying, if they could be made to actually engage. Which is questionable. 
3. Let the domestic forces try to stop Prighozin, knowing they are more “police” than “army”. 
4. Cut a deal with Prighozin. Purge Shoigu and make Prighozin #2. (If that seems crazy, prior Russian #2s have beeen Rasputin and Beria). 
5. Make a more credible nuclear threat against Ukraine to hold them back while option 1 is pursued?

6. Quote Don Meredith (on a Cowboys charter in danger of crashing in a storm) “Boys, it’s been a good ol good ‘un”, slug back some vodka and put a bullet in his brain  

Am I missing anything?

Profit ???

13 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Prigozhin appointed the new leader of Belarus via martial law due to the poor health of its leader, and immediately orders their military to attack Ukraine from the north (all while waiting for Putin die of cancer so he can assume the presidency of the entire Russian Federation. )

Lukashenko’s family leaves Belarus forever and gets to keep stolen fortune.   

This.

• Hook 'Em 1