Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

I think it was @blacklab or one of the other former Navy types on Surly that mentioned that the US Navy spends a crazy amount of time on training for damage control, even when they are out of port and on patrol.  We've had some serious accidents where I think the Russians would have lost their ships, but our Navy didn't.

Correct. 
On the sub we drilled all the time. I went to multiple firefighting and damage control week long courses during my time in. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

I'm consistently impressed by the accuracy of some of the Ukrainian twitter sources. They were spot on despite reports from Russia, USA, and media outlets that it had not sunk.

Consider how interwoven some Ukrainian and Russian families are, I think there are more than a few miserable Russian conscripts who might be in contact with Ukrainian cousins.

36 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, Russians are using VPNs like crazy, and supposedly a lot of companies that run VPNs are receiving funding from various governments to provide free VPNs to the Russians.

Of course, the ones most likely to consistently use VPNs are also the ones fleeing the country...

VPN in Russia = Vladimir Putin's Nutsack

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I think it was @blacklab or one of the other former Navy types on Surly that mentioned that the US Navy spends a crazy amount of time on training for damage control, even when they are out of port and on patrol.  We've had some serious accidents where I think the Russians would have lost their ships, but our Navy didn't.

obligatory plug for Smarter Every Day - the host got to ride along a Los Angeles class attack sub during an ICEX a couple years back, he did a bunch of videos including some of the DC and firefighting drills the crew did while underway

https://youtu.be/ajK1QMP7ZyI

Lots of good stuff on his channel

Edited by Captainant
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I do think the Ukrainians hit this thing. That said, remember that in 2018 they dropped a crane on their aircraft carrier and then sunk its floating dry dock. It’s still out of service.  Remember Kursk. The Russians are capable of this type of screw up. 

I mean, if the Ukrainians didn't have to come out of pocket to get it out of theater, that's good.  And the Russians have definitely proven they can shoot themselves in the dick over and over.  But if it wasn't the Ukes, then why are the Ruskies pulling back other ships?  

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I mean, if the Ukrainians didn't have to come out of pocket to get it out of theater, that's good.  And the Russians have definitely proven they can shoot themselves in the dick over and over.  But if it wasn't the Ukes, then why are the Ruskies pulling back other ships?  

That, and the fact that the Ukrainians knew about it and were first to report on it.

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

If Putin drops a nuke, all bets are off, right? WW3 begins? Team America gets to do some fucking up of their own?

Wouldn't be WW3. China would not approve. It would be the end of Russia immediately. Completely cut off from the world. 

10 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

If your orders are always followed and you give the order that Santiago was not to be touched then why would he be in grave danger?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

^Looks like Vlad is big mad, and trying to punish everyone for the sinking

He is mad. He will try to punish all of Ukraine.  This is going to get a lot uglier.  Because he is now down to just one path, and one goal: kill everyone and destroy everything in Ukraine.  Don't aim, just fire EVERYTHING at every village and city where there are structures and people.  He's almost certainly going to make that play.

9 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

I didn't realize that the Moskva was the same ship that the Ukranian's on the Island said to Fuck Yourself.

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Didn't know that either, fucking poetic

Waiting for someone with photoshop skills to make this where the ship is blowing up, breaking apart, sinking, or have it where just the antenna is showing above water. I dunno...someone play with it and see what looks good.

1080.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=format&fit=max&dpr=2&s=5389b8e8af78d7cd523ecdc97620796a

• Hook 'Em 2

^SEALS LANDED THE ENEMY OF THE WAVES AND NOW SHOT AND ITS ACCOMPLISHMENT

Recently, the unit of the 501th separate battalion of the marine infantry was able to "land" the Russian UAV "Orlan-10".

During the combat standby our boys noticed the UAV. Marines say he was walking pretty low as for this type of drones, within reach for firearms. Maybe he ran out of fuel or he had some other problems because they make Russian "analogue" from "shivnaipalok". This is the import replacement.

The sailors "worked", after which the UVA fell for several kilometers.

A group that identified Russian occupiers immediately moved there. Those under the cover of an armored transporter tried to pick up their drone. The Marines were not lost, bypassed the tow trucks from the flangs and gave a fight. As soon as the personalities in Russian form heard the first shots, immediately hit the heels. And that's not even looking at the fact that they are covered by BTR.

As a result, two fishermen were injured, one of them is difficult. Unfortunately, they managed to escape - for now. But they still didn't take the drone.

Notice the "modern" Russian fuel tank... Probably nanotechnology.

For the information of the Public Relations Service of the Marine Corps Command

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

When she says Pioneer scarf she is talking about this.  I took this picture in Moscow back in 1987.  That might be her on the left.

ZreKhVlc5jqbYjy1z2DdeoUXrdOfOb8KG6ixQEX668DP-jKZn5N4gxZcwIS0adwh5UdKksHstlAVXBp2jSd0HicPtYJ37LlwxG0EBEs4URkdVzDy8iqmvzhG9MG95wCmhmtJ7xILqeER_mRYulVqGRyoiy7nwyBhT-cOxPB0OE6OBJ7JE7SqgZeB7voxiJubCh4LKKyiLmpwpfYtaiGkbhLEwrc5tDD_5hoBeHhB6XaZFuzTSER77muvrScgNdDf89LniExjMG0YcBD3TiCXPxENiO1oZw-n2IIid0uSqvrAY63Bcmy4vMJQAii7VLzXXlqioGE9WVjYkBr00H3FYz40KLhmsmOnVMNMHEwHNo7kKqxnx6wM6LPIQitKp6Sfl-bixWy5XR4Hye9NYgCQ4QmBHPV4daQA1ul2MJJ6lHeR1kueoK1SNqOlAUIno4h0gWggHwPEebXrP0LO7nlbza6IfpZ7saut5t9_ZBZ2-uW52yO_lWO_pN7mhiWkwIT-fMjZ3l9oBfAat4SCRv495BOwCiBUtu8gS1NABxfkC8ln6_0lqNj7pyUa873AiLnVN6wSFJs6AgHrM-0EC7ZzvsWvx5PvC1-6c-aB0Nbw3lOen15yQdCSZzqdRcBT1GC45Y6OiipMVVXEOeW9ReTcOdmSOurssnDuADicWhdbszkniE26cRlywCpPUj9Mt5FpoX7PUxd4BG-C2zQcl0ZYDvtoRkrMwUU38dx7orwlYDPrV1QjXwRj-vFRrxHACx4NyJUytLJfQBAEPTS1DRYmkG1kwR7uNJseh47c77prNOno41v1LPoGd0EBEmuW2UXXJ4hEmCyt=w884-h663-no?authuser=0

Hell, it really could be her.

Also, the one on the right was checking you out, Americanski.  Did you, you know, work to improve foreign relations?

15 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

When she says Pioneer scarf she is talking about this.  I took this picture in Moscow back in 1987.  That might be her on the left.

ZreKhVlc5jqbYjy1z2DdeoUXrdOfOb8KG6ixQEX668DP-jKZn5N4gxZcwIS0adwh5UdKksHstlAVXBp2jSd0HicPtYJ37LlwxG0EBEs4URkdVzDy8iqmvzhG9MG95wCmhmtJ7xILqeER_mRYulVqGRyoiy7nwyBhT-cOxPB0OE6OBJ7JE7SqgZeB7voxiJubCh4LKKyiLmpwpfYtaiGkbhLEwrc5tDD_5hoBeHhB6XaZFuzTSER77muvrScgNdDf89LniExjMG0YcBD3TiCXPxENiO1oZw-n2IIid0uSqvrAY63Bcmy4vMJQAii7VLzXXlqioGE9WVjYkBr00H3FYz40KLhmsmOnVMNMHEwHNo7kKqxnx6wM6LPIQitKp6Sfl-bixWy5XR4Hye9NYgCQ4QmBHPV4daQA1ul2MJJ6lHeR1kueoK1SNqOlAUIno4h0gWggHwPEebXrP0LO7nlbza6IfpZ7saut5t9_ZBZ2-uW52yO_lWO_pN7mhiWkwIT-fMjZ3l9oBfAat4SCRv495BOwCiBUtu8gS1NABxfkC8ln6_0lqNj7pyUa873AiLnVN6wSFJs6AgHrM-0EC7ZzvsWvx5PvC1-6c-aB0Nbw3lOen15yQdCSZzqdRcBT1GC45Y6OiipMVVXEOeW9ReTcOdmSOurssnDuADicWhdbszkniE26cRlywCpPUj9Mt5FpoX7PUxd4BG-C2zQcl0ZYDvtoRkrMwUU38dx7orwlYDPrV1QjXwRj-vFRrxHACx4NyJUytLJfQBAEPTS1DRYmkG1kwR7uNJseh47c77prNOno41v1LPoGd0EBEmuW2UXXJ4hEmCyt=w884-h663-no?authuser=0

I mean it’s the same nose, eyes, mouth..  I keep looking back and forth and I’m like, I think that’s her…. Lol

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

He is mad. He will try to punish all of Ukraine.  This is going to get a lot uglier.  Because he is now down to just one path, and one goal: kill everyone and destroy everything in Ukraine.  Don't aim, just fire EVERYTHING at every village and city where there are structures and people.  He's almost certainly going to make that play.

31 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Reports that Mykolaiv, Kherson, Kharkiv, Chernihiv, and Zhytomyr were also hit.

Just as things were looking grim, Hitler made a critical mistake. He changed Luftwaffe targeting. In August, two German pilots who had flown off course on a night mission dropped their bombs on London. The RAF bombed the Berlin suburbs in reprisal. Germans were shocked and outraged, having been assured by Hitler and Goering that their capital was safe from British bombers. An enraged Hitler on Sept. 5 ordered a change in basic strategy, shifting the Luftwaffe’s focus of attack from British airfields to the city of London.

https://www.airforcemag.com/article/0808battle/

This is how Hitler lost the battle of Britain. A dictator's wounded pride. Only a power-crazed, vengeful idiot takes this route. Hitler ground down and destroyed the Luftwaffe's ability to project power, while letting the RAF off the mat. 

Sucks hard for the civilians, but aside from artillery shells, the Russians can't replace many of these assets. Every civilian target is one less missile/bomb targeting the UA military. It also gives the military an additional chance to target the missile/aircraft, while not being under fire themselves. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Pods said:

https://www.airforcemag.com/article/0808battle/

This is how Hitler lost the battle of Britain. A dictator's wounded pride. Only a power-crazed, vengeful idiot takes this route. Hitler ground down and destroyed the Luftwaffe's ability to project power, while letting the RAF off the mat. 

Sucks hard for the civilians, but aside from artillery shells, the Russians can't replace many of these assets. Every civilian target is one less missile/bomb targeting the UA military. It also gives the military an additional chance to target the missile/aircraft, while not being under fire themselves. 

Exactly. These weapons should be targeted at the Ukrainian forces that are a threat. This is a stupid move.

• Hook 'Em 1