Big ass rock

Hanrahan

I live on a corner lot and dipshits in big trucks and hauling trailers like to pop my curb and cut over the corner of my lawn. Besides tearing up the grass and looking bad they’ve caused two breaks in the sprinkler system. I’ve decided to put a big ass, near-immovable rock there and hopefully wake up to the joyous sounds of their ship breaking apart instead of my lawn/sprinklers. Where can I acquire this rock? I’m looking for a class of rock too big for a couple of guys to carry and transport in a normal car. Not sure where one acquires such a thing. I’m in west Houston if it makes a difference.

Google >stone supply Houston >results chose Jewell>products >Natural stone>boulder =Big Ass Rock. Delivery is available. 

Caveat. It's not a sure thing that it will prevent trucks from cutting the corner. Re-routing the sprinklers and paving the area is a safer bet. It is amusing to see one get hung up though. The drag into the adjacent turf and fucked up irrigation isn't as funny. 

• Like 2

This brings to mind a CSI episode where a guy filled his mailbox with cement to fuck with some folks who were bashing it with a bat as they drove by.  Ended up causing a fatal wreck and the guy got fitted for an orange suit.  YMMV.  I have no idea what the legal line is in these situations.

A friend of a friend in high school lived on a country road and about once a month the teenage boys down the road would run over their mailbox. So one night his dad drilled a hole about 6 feet deep and put a solid steel pipe down it, filled it with cement and then covered the part sticking out of the ground with old shingles to make it look like a piece of shit. Next friday night the boys hit it going about 60. The pipe was in tact where the engine used to be and their car was wrapped around it. 

A spike strip just shorter than your grass would be cheaper than a boulder. 

I’ve thought about this for my driveway since fuckers love to turn around in it. I did discover that booby traps are illegal.

A boulder can easily be labeled landscaping though even though it’s purpose isn’t that reason.
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

A spike strip just shorter than your grass would be cheaper than a boulder. 

Back in middle school, our bus driver would make one turn every day into someone's yard. One day, just pass the guy's yard, the bus had a flat tire due to running over a board with lots of nails hammered into it. It took us forever to get to school that day.

• Like 1

Go to a local stone company.  They got 'em in Houston.  They can get you a bigass rock.  It'll cost though.  Usually about $250/ton.  I think about 6 tons oughta do it.  If you want a pretty, bigass rock, it'll be more like $500/ton.  Some ugly old bigass rock more towards about $200/ton.  They'll usually deliver.

However, though this is more expensive, it's thorough and you can mount it on your roof:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxyYyT84ft7T7x1Vxj5NU

Edited by phdhorn
  • Like 1

Go buy a few 3’ t-posts like this and pound them in so there’s about a foot sticking up, to “mark your sprinkler line”.  My neighbor out in the country did that in his right of way to keep kids from cutting the corner and rutting it up.  Collect trailer wires and undercarriage parts, profit???

755588602510.jpg

• Like 2

You really don’t need big ass rocks. A bunch of people in my my neighborhood have them and they are no more than about 12 to 18 inches high. Two or three of those set in a cluster actual look kind of nice and can be purchased at most places that sell landscaping/building stone. I think moss rock looks pretty nice. That size is perfect for getting up under vehicles and damaging all kinds of shit and even leaving them stranded with a wheel or two up in the air. I’ve seen it happen.

I’ve thought about this for my driveway since fuckers love to turn around in it. I did discover that booby traps are illegal.

Guy in my neighborhood made homemade spoke strips because of this issue. He was all over Nextdoor and Facebook going apeshit because people used his driveway to turn around.

17 minutes ago, ohchaucer said:

Who the hell pulls into someone's driveway when the homeowner's there and/or loading up their car?  That's brazen.

I live down from a school, so, lazy fucking parents who won't drive around the block.  Instead they drive down a bit after their kids get out and pull into a drive way to turn around.  Had one mom yell at me for standing in my driveway. 

• Haha 1

On 12/9/2018 at 12:28 AM, blacklab said:

A friend of a friend in high school lived on a country road and about once a month the teenage boys down the road would run over their mailbox. So one night his dad drilled a hole about 6 feet deep and put a solid steel pipe down it, filled it with cement and then covered the part sticking out of the ground with old shingles to make it look like a piece of shit. Next friday night the boys hit it going about 60. The pipe was in tact where the engine used to be and their car was wrapped around it. 

Would have been funny if he came outside and there were teenage boys ejected through the windshield.  

LOL-Trol-Face.gif

8 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

I live down from a school, so, lazy fucking parents who won't drive around the block.  Instead they drive down a bit after their kids get out and pull into a drive way to turn around.  Had one mom yell at me for standing in my driveway. 

Order some of this off amazon and put it across your driveway.  Voila!

WF6xJIt7Rag._UX899_TTW__.jpg

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag

A few smaller, light colored rocks will deter drivers.  Don’t need some wile e coyote boulder to do that.

My neighborhood has narrow streets without curbs/gutters so many home owners suffer from cars driving over part of their lawn.  Many have tried rocks or stakes (wood, metal or plastic.).    I understand the problem they have but their solution makes their front yard look like shit.

personally I would just rip up my lawn for a few feet next to the road and dump some dirt and gravel in there.  I’ve seen a few people do that to eliminate the problem as well.

• Like 1