2020 Senate Elections

Patrick Bateman

That SC Senate debate wasn't a debate, it was a massacre. Harrison just destroyed Lindsey in every facet.

Just because Lindsay whined like a little bitch about Harrison getting all of that donation money, I'm going to donate to Harrison tonight. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Normally when you see a bunch of chatter about a debate and the Democrat is owning the republican with facts and logic it’s just some lame nerd shit that isn’t nearly as entertaining as its hyped up to be. This is not that. Graham got fucking destroyed in a way that is astonishing for a career politician, even a spineless shit like him.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Normally when you see a bunch of chatter about a debate and the Democrat is owning the republican with facts and logic it’s just some lame nerd shit that isn’t nearly as entertaining as its hyped up to be. This is not that. Graham got fucking destroyed in a way that is astonishing for a career politician, even a spineless shit like him.

They have two more debates for ole' Lindsay to step up his game, and he may very well win in SC no matter how badly he does...but boy howdy, did he look like a clueless jackass this evening.

12 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

In his defense, he has nothing to defend. His big thing was that he was supposed to be John McCain's best friend and,  I guess, knowledgeable about foreign affairs.  But since McCain died and he became Trump's lap dog after saying that Trump was crazy and would result in the death of the party ... I mean, even the people of South Carolina understand what happened there.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

They have two more debates for ole' Lindsay to step up his game, and he may very well win in SC no matter how badly he does...but boy howdy, did he look like a clueless jackass this evening.

He’s probably going to hide behind “ working hard for the people of South Carolina” and “confirming a justice”  as excuses to not debate him again.

7 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

100% this. I watched the back half of it live on CSPAN. Graham got violently buttfucked in a way not even he could enjoy, and his responses were all partisan hack bullshit cliches. I’m actually baffled his answers were so predictably stupid. I know he’s a right wing dipshit yes man, but I never thought he was rock stupid. Just corrupt. Let me go ahead and shift my perception now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/21/2018 at 9:36 AM, CO Horn said:

Agreed on CO regarding Gardner.  The demographics in Colorado have changed greatly over the past 15-20 years.  I think he loses if the Dems put up a viable candidate and there are plenty out there.  In the 18 elections Dems received 1.34 million votes in the House races compared to 1.08 for Republicans.  Polis, who is extremely liberal, won the Gubernatorial race 1.21 million to 1.02 million.

I live in a red, vastly libertarian county in rural Colorado.  That demographic has been trying to get Polis recalled since he was elected.  The locals are all talking about moving to South Dakota which is supposed to be some Colorado in 1975 promised land.  Two such families have packed up and moved already, a third is planning to.

Colorado is blue for the foreseeable future.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I live in a red, vastly libertarian county in rural Colorado.  That demographic has been trying to get Polis recalled since he was elected.  The locals are all talking about moving to South Dakota which is supposed to be some Colorado in 1975 promised land.  Two such families have packed up and moved already, a third is planning to.

I’m all for a bunch of trump people moving to already red states with tiny populations. 

• Hook 'Em 4

30 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’m all for a bunch of trump people moving to already red states with tiny populations. 

We know a batshit crazy Trump couple that moved from Colorado to Oklahoma for this exact same reason. They said they were tired of being judged and wanted to live in a place with more traditional values. They are crazy 

27 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

We know a batshit crazy Trump couple that moved from Colorado to Oklahoma for this exact same reason. They said they were tired of being judged and wanted to live in a place with more traditional values. They are crazy 

The American assault on Native Americans just never stops, imo. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I imagine many of Graham's colleagues were shaking their heads when Graham publicly said to his words against him. In practical terms, the first rule of politics is to get re-elected, so you don't want to shoot yourself in the foot by giving easy ammunition to your opponent. You can't invite your constituents to not vote for you like that.

I get that everyone here wants Harrison to win but this is SC. I realize they have elected an African-American GOP senator but do we really think they will elect an African American Democrat Senator? This is a state where Trump has an estimated 5-10 point lead. 

To me, Harrison looks like he will make the results close but I think the result will be like Beto here. Winning is asking too much. Hope I'm wrong.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So something about him is about to get leaked. Like necrophilia or something I assume. 

He’s retiring because he’s almost certainly going to lose his re-elect. He doesn’t want to have to bother with the fundraising.  

Once we get most of them in South Dakota we can finally build the Wall.

And by ‘libertarian’ - you mean hate bleks and messicans?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Once we get most of them in South Dakota we can finally build the Wall.
  • Like 1

In what universe is this a big deal? Imagine being ready to vote straight ticket Dem as a rebuke of the GOP and this breaks......Well I hate the lawlessness and handling of the pandemic. The president has roughly a thousand sexual harassment allegations against him. He grabs bitches by the pussy. Hope Hicks has been ridden by everyone in the white house. Guilfoyle has a sexual harassment case against her for telling her aide to shut the fuck up and take GOP dick like a good girl. I've seen the first lady's tits. All this allegedly of course. Hmmm on the other hand Cunningham was sexting and *probably* fucking some chick in California! That settles it, Tillis and Donald! 

Anyone who cares about this, only cares because they are jealous that Cunningham has a side piece and prescribe a different set of standards for Dems than Republicans. That person was already voting Donald and Tillis. 

No. A big part of the winning formula for Democrats in these competitive purple/red seat is traditionally Republican suburban white women. They're not going to vote for him by double digit margins with this news. Write it off. NC senate seat stays red.

I imagine many of Graham's colleagues were shaking their heads when Graham publicly said to his words against him. In practical terms, the first rule of politics is to get re-elected, so you don't want to shoot yourself in the foot by giving easy ammunition to your opponent. You can't invite your constituents to not vote for you like that.
I get that everyone here wants Harrison to win but this is SC. I realize they have elected an African-American GOP senator but do we really think they will elect an African American Democrat Senator? This is a state where Trump has an estimated 5-10 point lead. 
To me, Harrison looks like he will make the results close but I think the result will be like Beto here. Winning is asking too much. Hope I'm wrong.
Nah you're right. Harrison's debate was a great effort but debates don't matter and no one watched that on a saturday night in the fall in SECSECSEC country.

Partisanship is a bitch. He'll outperform and get 47-48 percent but I just don't see how he gets over the line.

9 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

No. A big part of the winning formula for Democrats in these competitive purple/red seat is traditionally Republican suburban white women. They're not going to vote for him by double digit margins with this news. Write it off. NC senate seat stays red.

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Nah you're right. Harrison's debate was a great effort but debates don't matter and no one watched that on a saturday night in the fall in SECSECSEC country.

Partisanship is a bitch. He'll outperform and get 47-48 percent but I just don't see how he gets over the line.

debbie downer GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, gmr548 said:
On 10/3/2020 at 8:55 AM, Doc Sam Beckett said:
In what universe is this a big deal? Imagine being ready to vote straight ticket Dem as a rebuke of the GOP and this breaks......Well I hate the lawlessness and handling of the pandemic. The president has roughly a thousand sexual harassment allegations against him. He grabs bitches by the pussy. Hope Hicks has been ridden by everyone in the white house. Guilfoyle has a sexual harassment case against her for telling her aide to shut the fuck up and take GOP dick like a good girl. I've seen the first lady's tits. All this allegedly of course. Hmmm on the other hand Cunningham was sexting and *probably* fucking some chick in California! That settles it, Tillis and Donald! 
Anyone who cares about this, only cares because they are jealous that Cunningham has a side piece and prescribe a different set of standards for Dems than Republicans. That person was already voting Donald and Tillis. 

Read more  

No. A big part of the winning formula for Democrats in these competitive purple/red seat is suburban white women. They're not going to vote for him by double digit margins with this news. Write it off. NC senate seat stays red.

I'm not so confident that I'm gonna guarantee a Cunningham victory, but he was sexting. It isn't a sexual assault allegation like we have with half of the Donald administration. North Carolina is more Virginia than it is South Carolina. I stand by my assessment that anyone hypocritical enough to ignore GOP behavior but change their vote because of this was not voting Dem anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 2

In 2020 that moves the needle less than One percent at most 

The folks it most upsets are Evangelicals who will only support a moral man...or an immoral man who dislikes browns and blacks. Their vote is already baked in the Trump numbers.

The Trump/GOP hate should be strong enough among liberals to override the news about him getting strange for most dems. Suburban white women? Not so sure with them. But if those olds numbers are true, and they are breaking hard for Joe b/c Covid - that will not matter and the blue Tsunami is on its way.

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

The SCAr game was early in the afternoon. 

Dept. of Meaningless Statistics, Small City Next to Birmingham Alabama Division:

On my street of 28 inhabited houses (the rest are getting bloatified, construction-wise,) there are:

Zero Presidential yard signs.

Senate: 5 Jones signs, 0 Tuberville signs, 1 Jesus 2020 sign (though maybe Jesus is running for President, ahem, Presidente.)

Mayoral: about twice as many signs as the Senate race. I don't know jack about either dood, because how is a mayor of my own town going to affect me?

Demographics predominately NW European, with a sprinkling of other continents like any sitcom from the 80s that's not about a Black family. Predominant professions: Lawyer, Doctor, Sales, Hippy. (2 of the Jones signs are Known Hippies.)

The Trump/Biden signs start up a block away, but are still rarer than the Mayoral or Senatorial ones.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1