Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

8 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

What if you're extremely socially liberal and support most social programs, but are fiscally conservative in other ways. Like wanting to reduce defense spend, privatize SS, get out of foreign wars, and reduce waste.

I am confused

What do you mean by "extremely socially liberal"?

How do you reconcile the two bolded statements?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

What if you're extremely socially liberal and support most social programs, but are fiscally conservative in other ways. Like wanting to reduce defense spend, privatize SS, get out of foreign wars, and reduce waste.

Does that pass your purity test or am I a GaryJohnsonBro?

Actually scratch that, nobody gives a fuck what you think.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Literally everyone wants to reduce waste. I've never met a liberal in my life who is like "we need more wasteful spending!"

• Like 5

Just now, wildcat09 said:

Literally everyone wants to reduce waste. I've never met a liberal in my life who is like "we need more wasteful spending!"

Yet there's an entire Senate full of GOP Senators who are happy to shut down the entire government until they can pass a chunk of....wasteful spending.

It's kinda magical in its hypocritical simplicity.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

Im pretty agnostic on Pelosi but she is the perfect person at the perfect time.

Same here too. My view of her over the years has been mostly neutral and maybe very slightly negative, but she’s Michael Jordan out there right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SubliminalHorn said:

She really is. Her experience, intelligence, saviness, and bitchiness are exactly what is needed to counter trump right now

I should have multi-quoted, but oh well.  I totally agree with this.  She's fully willing and capable to battle Trump in the muck or discuss policy at a higher level of civility and intellectualism whenever either are necessary.  Not advocating for her to be a President, but she would have fared so much better in those debates against him than Hillary who let herself get pushed around.  They go low, you go high and all that.  With Trump, you have to first and foremost show that you will not be trampled, and that whatever shit he throws your way will get volleyed right back in his fat fucking face that doubles as Putin's jizz sock.  Once Trump can't put an opponent off-balance with boorishness, he's done.  He collapses under his mental vacuum in a substantive talk about policy with a neutral audience.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Never said otherwise. What are you arguing?

That maybe the term "fiscally conservative" is a complete misnomer and has been used by conservatives to misrepresent themselves as the only fiscally responsible party. You can be fiscally liberal and also be fiscally responsible. In truth, in sounds like that is what you are. So, don't fall for the trap.  

That maybe the term "fiscally conservative" is a complete misnomer and has been used by conservatives to misrepresent themselves as the only fiscally responsible party. You can be fiscally liberal and also be fiscally responsible. In truth, in sounds like that is what you are. So, don't fall for the trap.  

What trap? I haven't voted R in 5 cycles

My point was that "super left wing or GTFO" types are off putting and dangerous.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Why is this good or bad?

Maybe their source/s don’t talk to every damn one

How many people immediately confirmed the Steele Dossier?  That one turning out to be truer and truer every day.

10 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

What trap? I haven't voted R in 5 cycles

My point was that "super left wing or GTFO" types are off putting and dangerous.

The trap of letting so called conservatives define what it means to be fiscally responsible. Being fiscally liberal doesn't mean being fiscally irresponsible. I agree with your latter point, they definitely can be at times (hi bad_teammate!). 

5 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yep.  I understand there's some element of strategy here, but if it involves keeping yourself in power for power's sake then the Ds can fuck right off as well.  Do your fucking job and fix this god damn country.

Mitch is never going to allow impeachment of Trump on the Senate floor so the Dems might as well cash in politically. Impeach Trump in January of 2020 and let the turtle 'Merrick Garland' it under the premise of let the voters decide. 

The trap of letting so called conservatives define what it means to be fiscally responsible. Being fiscally liberal doesn't mean being fiscally irresponsible. I agree with your latter point, they definitely can be at times (hi bad_teammate!). 
I agree with your point. I stopped considering Rs when it became apparenr the fiscal conservatism was lip service. Now I'm thinking lip service might have been lenient, where Republican "fiscal conservatism" basically means no welfare for anyone with dark skin. But i digress.

6 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I'd just like to chime in and say that "conservative" and "liberal" are no longer meaningful terms (were they ever?), and "fiscally responsible" is not something that you can just redefine at will.

So I don't know what point you're trying to make here.

It would be helpful if Brad answered some clarifying questions.

I have no idea what "fiscally conservative" is supposed to even mean in the context of someone who supports social welfare spending. Does it mean a balanced budget? Help me out here.

And what does "extremely socially liberal" mean?

11 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I'd just like to chime in and say that "conservative" and "liberal" are no longer meaningful terms (were they ever?), and "fiscally responsible" is not something that you can just redefine at will.

So I don't know what point you're trying to make here.

I'm not trying to redefine anything. I'm suggesting that we should fight back against the perception that "fiscally conservative" is identical to fiscally responsible. I'm suggesting that when people say they are "fiscally conservative and socially liberal" that they are doing a disservice to themselves and what they really mean is that they are socially liberal and fiscally responsible. And maybe I'm suggesting you should actually read what your responding to. 

For what it is worth, I actually agree that "conservative" and "liberal" have little actual ideologically meaning at this point (more so for "conservative" than "liberal").

4 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

The one who had to deal with the dipshittery up close, on a daily basis?  I'm surprised he stayed as long as he did.  

He took the job knowing his boss would be a complete dipshit.  That's on him.

That he stayed two years is more evidence that he was only in it for himself.  Fuck him.

• Like 3