Cowboys @ Rams: Divisional Round Edition

Vic Mackey

You don’t fault them?   They didn’t do fuck all all night.    They shit the bed.  The ‘Hot Boys’ were hot dogshit.   Matter of fact, that F bomb dropped during the Goff interview was either Talib or Gurley saying “ We ripped their fucking soul out!”     Well done 

Yea they completely destroyed them. Really wonder what the defensive gameplan was going into tonight cause they had no answer for the running game

5 minutes ago, Assman said:

By your logic, if I walk into a bar and see Kate Beckinsale and Alison Brie, I have 2 to 1 odds of fucking them because there's 2 of them.

No, no, no, you got it all wrong.  If you walk into a bar and see Kate and Alison, you got 50/50 shot of banging both of them on the bar after they pay you $50,000 each for you to do it.  It's either going to happen or it's not.  

Image result for it was my understanding there would be no math

2 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Yea they completely destroyed them. Really wonder what the defensive gameplan was going into tonight cause they had no answer for the running game

Running game was tough.  Cowboys were planning on tall and sleek Gurley, instead they got short and fat Rerun....created a depth perception mismatch.  That tricky fucking McVay

• Like 1

What also burned me was the fourth and one handoff to Zeke up the middle that failed. Something that important, you gotta have options. Also, Dak should have seen the D stacking the middle. Crap fucking offense. Also, on one important third down, Dak rolled out and threw the ball to a covered receiver when he could have probably gained twenty or thirty yards had he kept it.

He needs a little competition to get his head straight. We'll see what happens with Nick Foles tomorrow. Odds are he'll be looking for a new home come Spring.

the D gave up thirty points to a great offense - seven of those came after we had stopped them on third down and got a bogus hands to the face call. Not only that, but as in many recent years, the D was saddled tonight with an offense that shit the bed.There may be a couple of better Defenses out there, but I doubt if anyone will hold the Rams to 23 pts. this year.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Like 2

Agreed.

LAR averages almost 33 a game and Dallas gave up 30. Some of those drives were extended by penalties on 3rd down.

I can understand the reasoning behind the negativity toward the D, and the hate for Heath (deserved), but the offense once again failed to do their job and had multiple questionable playcalls during the game.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

The Rams offensive line won the game.  Plain and simple.  The lanes CJ and Gurley had were huge.  

Dallas had a good season.  But the Rams are a better team.  Not way better, but better.  And at home they win 7 out of 10 times. I real,y don’t think Garrett should get skewered for that game.  It wasn’t decided until the final 2 mins. 

Pretty much this..... Definitely about Rams OL.  They made our front 7 into frost boyz.

Also this.  If Dallas gets outphysical'd, they'll lose every time because they can't outscheme a HS staff offensively.

57 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

It doesn’t escape me but less than 2% odds isn’t a good option. Rams were always going to run on 1st and 2nd. When you know that, it’s hard to get gouged. If we stopped them at midfield after a 3 and out, they’d pin us, possibly inside the 10. With 1:45 left, one timeout and 90 yards, I don’t like those odds. I liked the decision to play it straight. 

Garrett was okay with decision making today. Linehan was okay, except he must force Dak to run at the onset of a game. Quit reacting to teams and start dictating. 

Defense was abysmal but Rams are really good. We were likely to have to win a shootout, and Dak put us in a terrible situation in the 2nd quarter. 

Dak's a huge part of the reason you even made it this far. 

The Rams were wanting us to run on first down. Everytime we came out in a certain formation, they'd stunt pre snap and force Dak to audible, which was always to a Zeke handoff between the tackles. Then they'd back off. They did this three times that I remember. They didn't want us using play action and they didn't want us rolling Zeke out. The coaches never caught on.

The Rams were wanting us to run on first down. Everytime we came out in a certain formation, they'd stunt pre snap and force Dak to audible, which was always to a Zeke handoff between the tackles. Then they'd back off. They did this three times that I remember. They didn't want us using play action and they didn't want us rolling Dak out. The coaches never caught on.

The D buckled a bunch but they didn't completely break.    Linehan is a fucking moron.

It is damning that Jeff Heath starts. 

if we want our Qb to be a pocket passer find an OC that can design an O for it and sign Nick Foles.  Do not pay Dak Prescott unless you are willing to run him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

It never ceases to amaze me how invested haters are in the Cowboys. It’s really astonishing. That’s all I see on my timeline 

Picture a random douchebag walking down the aisle at his own wedding, all eyes on him - and suddenly his pants inexplicably fall to the floor and he's wearing "Hello Kitty" underpants. That's a Cowboys fan in the postseason, and it makes it pretty damn easy to laugh at, no investment needed and only a smidgen of hate.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

The Rams offensive line won the game.  Plain and simple.  The lanes CJ and Gurley had were huge.  

Dallas had a good season.  But the Rams are a better team.  Not way better, but better.  And at home they win 7 out of 10 times. I real,y don’t think Garrett should get skewered for that game.  It wasn’t decided until the final 2 mins. 

Pretty much.  

11 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Seemed pretty clear that the Rams big uglies where better on both sides of the ball than ours.  With that, we were not going to win the game inspite of Dak inaccuracy issues.

Pretty much this. Valiant effort to try to claw back into the game but the Rams OL was MVP of the night. Making fat fuck CJ Anderson look like a star. 

I expected Dallas to try to make Goff beat them. Instead he only threw for 186 and they ran for what felt like 3 miles. 

Pretty much this. Valiant effort to try to claw back into the game but the Rams OL was MVP of the night. Making fat fuck CJ Anderson look like a star. 
I expected Dallas to try to make Goff beat them. Instead he only threw for 186 and they ran for what felt like 3 miles. 
Yep, games are won and lost up front, they got the best of Dallas on both sides. CJ is going to sign for a nice chunk this offseason based on this game and suck the rest of his time in the league.

43 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Connor Williams vs. Aaron Donald - mismatch of the year

The morning after and I’m strangely indifferent. The game last night was the Jason Garret team we know. Sometimes a little better, sometimes a little worse, but always that underlying element of not getting maximum value out of effort or talent and always within a standard deviation of what we’ve come to expect. Did anybody really think this team had a future beyond this week?

4 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Did anybody really think this team had a future beyond this week?

No...which is why I'm not that upset and don't understand why so many are.  There has been nothing that looked simply dominating about this team all season.  Usually you see glimpses of that over stretches in a season out of a team destined for Playoff/Super Bowl glory.  

I thought it was a really good season for the Cowboys, and gives some hope for the future. A first round playoff win was pretty much my best case expectation. Anything beyond that was more than unlikely, but possible maybe.

Early season sucked. The mid to late season run was incredible.