The way too early 2019 LSU at Texas game discussion

4th and 5

1 hour ago, lulz said:

Huff, who is on our coaching staff and therefore represents the university, had the idea for the shirts. So I get it if they're a little pissy. Also, if we can get upset at Chaisson for talking shit, they can get upset at our DBs for talking shit (with their shirts).

Yeah ok if they were getting on our DBs for that sure. But that is not how it goes it is like: UT is so arrogant they call themselves DBU!!11 We don't though. And anyway it is as stupid and pointless as raging against Georgia and Florida because you discovered somebody in China has a bigger outdoor cocktail party.

6 hours ago, GeorgeTheGreek said:

Damn, there is so much fear in here. LSU is better, and the best part is .... The Texas fans know it.

Cant wait to read all those Fire Herman threads Saturday night. Should be a great time. 

Actually I feel pretty good. These are the kinds of games Herman overachieves in. It is the games against the middle class of the conference that tend to worry me. Even if we lose I feel like Texas will play well and make a good impression.

I am not seeing the fear, I think you may be projecting your own issues?

Edited by Valmy77

9 hours ago, ShreveportTiger92 said:

First time poster.. I've had an entertaining time reading some of the pages. Here's my take: LSU is on a different level of play than UT. Our defense let up less than 100 total yards to GSU while UT let up over 400 yards to LA Tech. There's a reason ESPN FPI has us at 80% win percentage on the road, and we're favored 5.5. Our D are all top 30 overall recruits if you check each one out on ESPN recruiting. We're on a different level of talent than UT. I predict a 14 point win by LSU. Y'all are all calling LSU fans dumb which I guess yall do have a much better academic program than us, but it feels great that I just rejected the shit out of y'alls MBA full time program to go to Penn Wharton full time MBA. I love my life.

Welcome!
Here's my revision 4 U:

First time poster.. I've had an entertaining time reading some of the pages. Here's my take: LSU Georgia is on a different level of play than UT. Our defense let up less than 100 total yards to GSU while UT let up over 400 yards to LA Tech. There's a reason ESPN FPI has us at 80% win percentage on the road, and we're favored 5.5. Our D are all top 30 overall recruits if you check each one out on ESPN recruiting. We're on a different level of talent than UT. I predict a 14 point win by LSU Georgia. Y'all are all calling LSU Georgia fans dumb which I guess yall do have a much better academic program than us, but it feels great that I just rejected the shit out of y'alls MBA full time program to go to Penn Wharton full time MBA. I love my life.

final.png.cda19cb4d838e4e68e49ce3668084127.png

You may win of course.  But you SEC fans are just fucked in the head with this "different level" shit.    No, really.  Just stop it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah ok if they were getting on our DBs for that sure. But that is not how it goes it is like: UT is so arrogant they call themselves DBU!!11 We don't though. And anyway it is as stupid and pointless as raging against Georgia and Florida because you discovered somebody in China has a bigger outdoor cocktail party.

DIsney has a bigger one almost daily during the 3-4 months of the Food & Wine Festival  at Epcot.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

The whole reason I even found you assholes on the old site, about 10 years ago, was to come troll skipperj and talk shit about Baylor football (before the truth was revealed). Came to troll, stayed for the love.

It's a story as old as time.

• Like 1

Bobby Burton: Tuesday

Looking at LSU’s depth, it’s hard to poke any holes. This will be the best and most talented defense that Texas plays all season. The defensive front is particularly salty. The four linebackers, as a whole, are all twitchy, rangy and can strike. On offense they have big-play capability at receiver and their group of running backs - at least two of them - have NFL futures.

But the difference between this LSU team and previous ones starts with its quarterback. Joe Burrow, an Ohio State transfer, is a solid QB. He’s rarely going to get you beat and he can make a few off-schedule plays, too. He’s a lot like Matt Flynn, the Tyler product who was the QB on LSU’s last national title team.

LSU has also tweaked its offense from a year ago. We’ll see a lot more four wides and spread sets. Burrow completed passes to 14 different receivers last week. For many years, LSU used to be one-dimensional offensively. I don’t think they are anymore.

The Longhorns are dinged up. Their travails at running back are well documented. And LSU isn’t the ideal team to go up against with just one healthy scholarship running back. Keaontay Ingram will be a key for Texas in this game, no different in many ways than Sam Ehlinger. The Horns can ill afford to lose either one. I feel like LSU, at least from a talent perspective, is one year ahead of where Texas is. They have more upperclassmen who are talented than the Longhorns. The younger groups are very similar.

I rewatched the game yesterday. I paid particular attention to the offensive line. The thing about this Texas OL compared to previous ones is the ability for the guards and even tackles to get to the second level. It’s something Texas just hasn’t had in a decade almost. Parker Braun and Junior Angilau can get to the second level and better effect the run game. Even Derek Kerstetter is significantly better than say Calvin Anderson in this regard.

In retrospect, I don’t think Texas was really tested in pass protection on Saturday. Not like they will be against LSU for sure. But in the run game, I saw some signs from the Horns’ OL that will give a lot of teams trouble. The defenses at TCU and Oklahoma State, for example, rely on fast LBs to clean up the run game. Both teams have been relatively effective against Texas for years because the Texas OL just wasn’t good enough to get to the second level. That just might change this year.

9 hours ago, ShreveportTiger92 said:

Y'all are all calling LSU fans dumb which I guess yall do have a much better academic program than us, but it feels great that I just rejected the shit out of y'alls MBA full time program to go to Penn Wharton full time MBA. I love my life.

Bullshit meter has a strong read on this one. Not really possible to post a 700+ on the GMAT if you bomb the verbal section. But hey, it’s the internet, so I banged your mom last night.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bigcigar said:

Bullshit meter has a strong read on this one. Not really possible to post a 700+ on the GMAT if you bomb the verbal section. But hey, it’s the internet, so I banged your mom last night.

Wharton does take legacies and the occasional elite slag, so it is still conceivable that this diacritically deficient gasconader is what he claims to be. Also, how's you like my sloppy seconds?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, GeorgeTheGreek said:

Damn, there is so much fear in here. LSU is better, and the best part is .... The Texas fans know it.

Cant wait to read all those Fire Herman threads Saturday night. Should be a great time. 

This guy won’t be at the game hearing 100,000 fans and umm how “scared” they are. lol 

LSU is so convinced they can go on the road at night and dominate a top 10 team. It’s cute

I like how they are getting pissy over our DBU shirts acting like we have no right....lol

This is from after 2016...would have liked fresher info but has that muched changed in 2 seasons

They can add greedy williams, dontae jackson and tredavious white to drafted list plus the starts/awards for peterson,Mathieu,etc....

We can add starts/awards or drafted stats to earl, holton hill, deshon elliot, kris boyd, vaccaro, diggs and adrian Phillips since thend812f65af2ebc550ceb1e3a3173a1aeb.jpg

LSU would be on top of that list if they were motivated.

10 hours ago, TulaneUVA said:

Texas fans:

Looking for a family friendly place to pregame before the LSU game. Needs to be walkable to stadium. Would also like a way to be able to drive in and out relatively easily (will have wife and baby that need to get get out right before game time).

It's me and my family's first time going to DKR. We are excited. 

Also, best place to trya nd pick up tickets? 

There's not a whole lot that going to check all (many? any?) of your boxes here. Driving in and out is going to be impossible. Don't plan on being anywhere near the stadium with a car. It's just a bad idea. You can pay to park in one of the State garages, or just take an Uber.

Family friendly? Depends on your definition of family friendly. Do your kids like to hang out with lots of loud, drunk, football fans? Tons of people will be around with their kids, so just about anywhere you go will be fine. Otherwise, again, almost the entirety of anything walkable to campus will be filled drunk idiots like you'd expect at any big-time college football game. 

You can try Sholz Garten (http://www.scholzgarten.com ), but it'll be akin to trying to go to Pat O's on Mardi Gras. Everybody and their cousin is told to go there, so it'll be super packed. Otherwise, just walk around anywhere you see a tailgate near campus, or go to Bevo Blvd. (on San Jacinto near the stadium) 

Tickets? Anywhere you see lots of people there will be scalpers, but tickets for this game are going to be expensive and not so easy to come by. You may want to pick some up on Craigslist before the game. Otherwise, anywhere along MLK between Guadalupe & I-35 or on San Jacinto from 15th to the stadium should be plenty of tickets.

Went back and watched the La Tech game and Kobe Boyce's play stood out the most. How the hell is he getting snaps ahead of Cook and Jamison??!

Stupid Celebration: let the WR free while celebrating a completed pass on 3rd down that he thought he broke up

PI: inside the 5 yard line where he loses track of the ball and jumps on the receiver

Broken Coverage: let his man run by him for a would be wide open TD in the 2nd qtr had the La Tech QB not thrown a worm burner 

Missed Tackle: missed tackle on 3rd down during the 3rd quarter

21 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Went back and watched the La Tech game and Kobe Boyce's play stood out the most. How the hell is he getting snaps ahead of Cook and Jamison??!

Stupid Celebration: let the WR free while celebrating a completed pass on 3rd down that he thought he broke up

PI: inside the 5 yard line where he loses track of the ball and jumps on the receiver

Broken Coverage: let his man run by him for a would be wide open TD in the 2nd qtr had the La Tech QB not thrown a worm burner 

Maybe it's a giant psych job on LSU.  Let them game plan around exploiting him and then start someone else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Wasn't Cook sitting out the first half of the game due to his targeting penalty from the Sugar Bowl?

I like how they are getting pissy over our DBU shirts acting like we have no right....lol

This is from after 2016...would have liked fresher info but has that muched changed in 2 seasons

They can add greedy williams, dontae jackson and tredavious white to drafted list plus the starts/awards for peterson,Mathieu,etc....

We can add starts/awards or drafted stats to earl, holton hill, deshon elliot, kris boyd, vaccaro, diggs and adrian Phillips since thend812f65af2ebc550ceb1e3a3173a1aeb.jpg

Just now, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Maybe it's a giant psych job on LSU.  Let them game plan around exploiting him and then start someone else.

This is my thinking, as well. And not just Boyce, either. Looked like LSU went pretty all-out to rep their real game in the first half, while MensaTom and ToddO didn't show a hell of a lot. I think we have a much better idea of what LSU's got than they have about us. 

If we execute, we'llwin - but we're young in too many places still to be certain. I think we do execute and we do win... ain't positive, but that's why we play.

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

I just hope that LSU is really uninterested in this game, like Georgia was, since it really doesn't mean much, being outside of an SEC game.   Then when we win they can finally get motivated at their SEC incredible schedule.

1 minute ago, phdhorn said:

I just hope that LSU is really uninterested in this game, like Georgia was, since it really doesn't mean much, being outside of an SEC game.   Then when we win they can finally get motivated at their SEC incredible schedule.

I don't see how you can focus on Texas when Vanderbilt and Northwestern State loom on the horizon.

10 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

ummmm...have you checked the stat line for La Tech this past Saturday?

Yes, it was 406 to 261 and 38-0 when Texas started liberally subbing in the backups in the 3Q. Texas also left close to 20 points on the field with a fumble inside the LT 30, missed FG, and a shitty personal foul that negated a pick six.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I don't see how you can focus on Texas when Vanderbilt and Northwestern State loom on the horizon.

Remember, those guys are on a different level.  Even when we dominated Georgia, well, that was last year, and well, they still played a lot better than us, on a different level.  The score was deceptive.  Win or lose, LSU is going to show Texas HOW to play football!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, F250 said:

Me for the rest of the week until kickoff.

giphy.gif

I have taken Thursday and Friday off from work, am moving out of my house and into a downtown hotel so as to not be distracted by family and have been punching my liver for weeks now in preparation.

I cannot fucking wait for this game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, phdhorn said:

Remember, those guys are on a different level.  Even when we dominated Georgia, well, that was last year, and well, they still played a lot better than us, on a different level.  The score was deceptive.  Win or lose, LSU is going to show Texas HOW to play football!

Well said. Nice site you boys got here. While LSU may be new to the spread game and im fully aware there could be kinks to work out in the new offense LSUs defense definitely isnt new to manhandling spread offense teams. Quite the opposite actually. The really exciting part is that this is the deepest LSUs been on defense in years. Barring injury there are several 1st rounders in the secondary alone (Fulton, Delpit).Texas is a good team and Ehlinger can ball. Really happy for this matchup to emphasize how special this defense will be early on. 

Not defending him, and haven’t looked back at the game, but a CB is often going to have a few bad plays per game as a result of the position they play. It’s impossible to be perfect. The bigger question is whether he was consistently leaving players open and not making plays. Was the rest of his play also that bad? I really didn’t pay close attention to him other than the obvious gaffs.