The downfall of Lindsay Graham

Pancho

21 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

it's gotta be like no-fake pedo shit or something. no one would give two fucks if he had sex with another man - maybe initially but after a while it'll be a meh, thing. it's gotta be way more than that. i mean, how does someone like him sit up and there and repeat what he knows are lies? the kompromat must be as bad or worse than dotard's crimes. 

and I would just like to extend a thanks to kim jong un for bringing that word to the american lexicon

21 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

There's got to be something there - Graham spent years in the Air Force during the Cold War, in West Germany, and knows all about classified information both from his time in the Air Force, as well as being a Senator on various committees.  And I'm still amazed that Graham is such a huge supporter of Ukraine, so it makes me think that whatever Trump has on him, has to be more of a very personal nature.

it's ugly as fuck, because you can see it in his face when he gets extra dramatic, like during the kavanaugh hearing. there's a naked fear there, like the icepick in your gut fear.

it's weird, because i always kind of respected graham as a southern confirmed bachelor republican. we've all known or known of a few. man of his age only sees one way to live like that, i reckon, and other people of his age accept it if its owned and done in a certain southern genteel sort of way. 

but he's done something, and trump has the fucking goods. originally, i really thought it was russian nra money. i still think that the nra laundered russian money to republican campaign funds through unregulated firehoses, and if it comes out, pretty much the whole party would be fucked, by implication and complicity at the very least, by treason at the most. but graham is complicit in some shit that will get him killed. this man is acting in fear of his life.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

it's ugly as fuck, because you can see it in his face when he gets extra dramatic, like during the kavanaugh hearing. there's a naked fear there, like the icepick in your gut fear.

it's weird, because i always kind of respected graham as a southern confirmed bachelor republican. we've all known or known of a few. man of his age only sees one way to live like that, i reckon, and other people of his age accept it if its owned and done in a certain southern genteel sort of way. 

but he's done something, and trump has the fucking goods. originally, i really thought it was russian nra money. i still think that the nra laundered russian money to republican campaign funds through unregulated firehoses, and if it comes out, pretty much the whole party would be fucked, by implication and complicity at the very least, by treason at the most. but graham is complicit in some shit that will get him killed. this man is acting in fear of his life.

It may not be about him, could be a family member

5 minutes ago, Smax said:

It may not be about him, could be a family member

maybe, but this appears to be extreme self-preservation. I love my mama, but if she did some felonious shit I wouldn't stand in the way of the feds. I wouldn't roll out the red carpet, but I wouldn't stick out my neck for hers. don't do fucking crimes. it's pretty goddamn simple.

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Someone up above mentioned real-live pedo shit and that's what I'm thinking it is. 

yeah, but maybe not "hey, we fooled him with a grown up looking 15 year old" variety, more of the "hey, you know this is a 6 year old, right" variety.

So I realize the interview gets shut down immediately, but would love to see someone say... "Senator Graham, I need time to set up this next question so I am going to mute your mic.  You said X, Y, and Z about Trump in 2015 and 2016.  You did not like the man at the time and thought he'd be bad for the country.  There areample public and private statements to that fact.  At some point, your public support of Trump took a 180 such that you are proliferating what we all, including you, know are lies.... or for the sake of decorum, we'll call them the Republican view of things.  All of that leads me to ask, Senator Graham, what do Trump and his allies have on you that would create such a dynamic shift, and why does it include pictures of moles on your ass?"

Then let the body language experts take it from there.  They are usually right.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I think it's simply lust for power. Trump gave him that and DeSantis or the others if they get the job won't. 

Is it power? Or is it proximity to power? Did Trump actually give Lindsey any power he didn’t already have? Or does Lindsey just crave being close to the really powerful like the fat ugly chick in high school craves dating the starting quarterback?

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

No I think Lindsay got scared shitless. He was talking about Trump like we all do, and then did a 180 overnight. IIRC, this was prior to Trump winning the 2016 election.

He called a president ted cruz "like drinking poison", and president trump "like shooting yourself in the head"

Wouldn't ya know it, something like 40% of gunshot wounds to the head are survivable! 

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

believe the polar express GIF

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

I think it's simply lust for power. Trump gave him that and DeSantis or the others if they get the job won't. 

36 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Is it power? Or is it proximity to power? Did Trump actually give Lindsey any power he didn’t already have? Or does Lindsey just crave being close to the really powerful like the fat ugly chick in high school craves dating the starting quarterback?

35 minutes ago, Red Five said:

No I think Lindsay got scared shitless. He was talking about Trump like we all do, and then did a 180 overnight. IIRC, this was prior to Trump winning the 2016 election.

There's something there. I don't think it's about power - Based on Lindsey's particular/peculiar situation, almost a southern dandy, I think he knows he's hit his ceiling - he can be extremely intelligent and knows how to read the room, and he's comfortable.  Running for an executive position most likely exposes him to having his background explored or things said about him in ways that he wouldn't want - he steadily moved through the SC House into a US House seat and then the Senate, and along the way he probably didn't have to undergo the kind of scrutiny that would be the norm in the 2020s for a larger position.

He also has his limits - he is ride or die with Ukraine, and with a few select individuals such as John McCain.

Trump clearly has something on him though, and if Trump had something on him, I have no doubt that Trump is the kind of guy that would make sure and use it. The same personality that feels the need to hoard top secret documents when he leaves the White House is the same kind of personality that hoards secrets about people to use against them - he values information, he values relationships that benefit him, he is quick to praise something that he looks up to or that can help him, and quick to denigrate those whose usefulness has come to an end.

There's power at play, sure - Lindsey felt comfortable trashing Ted Cruz because he knows Ted would not make a move against him. He probably thought Trump was going to lose and therefore felt comfortable trashing him, thinking that Trump would retreat to Trump Tower and do another TV show or whatever. When Trump won, Trump being Trump had to have his revenge, and Graham was not used to that.

I think it's probably not pedophile stuff - for somebody of Lindsey's generation and background, the knowledge that he's banging consenting adult males would be enough to keep him on a leash. He would break down sobbing if confronted with evidence of him banging dudes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Trump = GQP. Obsequiously fellating Trump doesn't necessarily give you power, but opposing Trump immediately neuters you within the party. Graham miscalculated in 2016 and quickly changed his tune when he saw the writing on the wall (as did Cruz and the others who initially disparaged Trump). The candidates opposing dotard in the 2024 primary will be faced with the difficult task of differentiating themselves from Trump while at the same time exalting Trumpism which the GQP and its leadership whole heartedly endorse. 

Christie is the only republican candidate even trying to highlight what a piece of shit Trump is, and his candidacy is doa because of it. Desantis seems to be getting a bit more frisky, and Trump's lead is growing daily as a result. Trump sucks all of the  oxygen out of the room. Republican  voters seem largely fixated on how poorly their precious orange dickbag is getting treated, and if you arent highlighting that fact every time you speak, they quickly lose interest. Clowns like Vivik rama....rama....notgonnabepres hope that promises to pardon Trump will be a compelling pitch to voters. Meanwhile the GQP voters are thinking "why vote for a brown guy, when I can vote for Trump, who will also parden himself?" 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump clearly has something on him though, and if Trump had something on him, I have no doubt that Trump is the kind of guy that would make sure and use it.

I just do not understand the spinelessness of Lindsay's response.  These are your choices:

1. Pronate yourself in front of the biggest piece of shit in the world for a temporary reprieve of this info coming out, because Trump will eventually release it.  Even if you act like the loyalest lapdog in the world for years and years, he'll release it just to laugh at you for being a pussy.
  2. Come clean on your own and face your consequences.

How the fuck do you choose 1?

23 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I just do not understand the spinelessness of Lindsay's response.  These are your choices:

1. Pronate yourself in front of the biggest piece of shit in the world for a temporary reprieve of this info coming out, because Trump will eventually release it.  Even if you act like the loyalest lapdog in the world for years and years, he'll release it just to laugh at you for being a pussy.
  2. Come clean on your own and face your consequences.

How the fuck do you choose 1?

These men are cowards, Donnie.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Lindsey flip-flopped after Trump was elected. He was accurately calling Trump a race-baiting religious bigot and saying how bad a Trump presidency would be for the Republican Party. Then after Trump was elected he took Lindsey golfing and everything changed. We all wondered whether Trump had dirt on Lindsey and used it to buy his support. Maybe so, maybe not. We all know what the most likely dirt is. But yeah, Lindsey reversed course after Trump took over the White House.

IMG_5907.thumb.jpeg.1c47456ad1762303363dcb2fe2ee5a31.jpeg

IMG_5908.jpeg.d64592ff4eaf5ec7af5f6e93f16662f5.jpeg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9455487/Lindsey-Graham-pictured-golfing-Donald-Trump-Trump-International-West-Palm-Beach.html

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

A Georgia grand jury is gonna accomplish that task very soon.  

I'm afraid I don't see a whole ton of liability for him there.  I think he resisted the subpoena to avoid further implicating Trumpco more than himself.

I would be happy to be wrong.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump is the kind of guy that would make sure and use it. The same personality that feels the need to hoard top secret documents when he leaves the White House is the same kind of personality that hoards secrets about people to use against them - he values information, he values relationships that benefit him, he is quick to praise something that he looks up to or that can help him, and quick to denigrate those whose usefulness has come to an end.

Trump is the kind of guy who learned from Roy Cohn.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm afraid I don't see a whole ton of liability for him there.  I think he resisted the subpoena to avoid further implicating Trumpco more than himself.

I would be happy to be wrong.

I remember reading that when he finally did appear at the grand jury in Atlanta, the jurors walked away saying they liked him and his testimony.  I would guess that it's unusual to have that said if they also indicted him.  Not impossible mind you, but rare.  I'm guessing if he did anything it would have been to walk in the grey, but I'd be stunned if he actually did anything overtly illegal.  

14 hours ago, BamaATL said:

I remember reading that when he finally did appear at the grand jury in Atlanta, the jurors walked away saying they liked him and his testimony.  I would guess that it's unusual to have that said if they also indicted him.  Not impossible mind you, but rare.  I'm guessing if he did anything it would have been to walk in the grey, but I'd be stunned if he actually did anything overtly illegal.  

This young lady? 

image.thumb.png.451bf8a85c4eae3b6995907e7c900b02.png

5 minutes ago, Underdog said:

This young lady? 

image.thumb.png.451bf8a85c4eae3b6995907e7c900b02.png

Actually, no, I remember reading it in the AJC (Atlanta Journal and Constitution) after several other jurors agreed to be interviewed after the quack foreman.  The AJC is pretty much a rag, but since it is local to me I do read it.  

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Well at least he still has his dignity.

That's got to sting so badly for him - he spent decades in the military, worked his way up through various political positions to Senator, he trashed Trump, then Trump showed him something at a golf course, then he deep throats Trump verbally on demand, still defends him to this day, and these people are calling him a traitor to his face.

pride-pulp.gif

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

That's got to sting so badly for him - he spent decades in the military, worked his way up through various political positions to Senator, he trashed Trump, then Trump showed him something at a golf course, then he deep throats Trump verbally on demand, still defends him to this day, and these people are calling him a traitor to his face.

Good. Guys like Graham and Cruz knew the deal with Trump. When they were running against him they were clear as day about what a psychopath Trump was, and how he would be a plague on this country. And then when he beat their ass in the primary, rather than stand by their words, they flipped over and spread their cheeks so they could stay relevant (admittedly that is probably ladybugs go-to dance move) . Party over country. I'd laugh my ass off if some uber-maga fucktard took ladybugs out with a bullet to the brain. FAFO you weak-minded, spineless pussy.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 6/12/2023 at 1:09 PM, hayden_horn said:

it's ugly as fuck, because you can see it in his face when he gets extra dramatic, like during the kavanaugh hearing. there's a naked fear there, like the icepick in your gut fear. this man is acting in fear of his life.

• Haha 4

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Post Oak said:

He's got to have some truly heinous info on Graham.

I've been pushing the blackmale angle for a long time.  There's no other reason when you look back at his career, and how he could be bipartisan, and how he was friends with a shitload of Democrats in the Senate and House, but now he's just Trump's little pet on a leash.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I've been pushing the blackmale angle for a long time.  There's no other reason when you look back at his career, and how he could be bipartisan, and how he was friends with a shitload of Democrats in the Senate and House, but now he's just Trump's little pet on a leash.

It is exactly what you think it is.  I’ve got gay boots on the ground in Charleston.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Ladybug cancer with a side of dingleberries. Add on a  posthumous defiling of his corpse by South Carolina’s large pack of roaming homeless shrimp boat deck hands.  Niece (hopefully an independent film maker or graphic artist/barista), while cleaning out his fabulous closet, finds trove of photos that detail explicitly the fucked up nature of his subservience to DJT.  SC constituents make up whatever narrative they need to rationalize their past votes for the guy and will expect a naval warship be named in his honor. 

9 hours ago, Post Oak said:

He's got to have some truly heinous info on Graham.

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I remember a pretty great interview he did with the daily show in early 2016 while shooting a good game of pool, he seemed to be a reasonable and decent dude in that moment.

He described ted cruz as like drinking poison, and trump as shooting himself in the head. Gotta be some kompromat

• Hook 'Em 1