Tom Brady Is UnFucking Real

Vic Mackey

44 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

To be fair he went to the noted basketball powerhouse University of San Francisco.  I mean, it's kind of like playing at Bama now, everyone is going to get a title just by showing up and putting on that Dons jersey. 

To be fair, it was his only scholarship offer. It isn’t like he had an option.

Fuck him, still hate him, but there's no real way to argue around him being the best pro QB of all time (fuck the "GOAT" acronym, hate it). Also makes me wonder how good Belichek really is, apparently it's not that hard to win Super Bowls with this guy at QB. 

Edit: Those mean tweets are pretty fucking funny, still hate him, and agree that I hope his dog not only pukes in his socks but diarrheas all over his super expensive Persian rug even though none of us can afford but which to him and his wife is the equivalent of a nickel. .

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 3

I enjoyed watching the Patriots during their run, their swagger reminded me a bit of the 90s Cowboys...  zero fucks given.  They just went out and ripped your heart out most times, especially that '07 team.  I remember their season finale vs the Giants and Brady just misses Moss on a deep pass and they go 'fuck it' and run the exact same play again connecting this time for a TD. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

Fuck him, still hate him, but there's no real way to argue around him being the best pro QB of all time (fuck the "GOAT" acronym, hate it). Also makes me wonder how good Belichek really is, apparently it's not that hard to win Super Bowls with this guy at QB. 

Edit: Those mean tweets are pretty fucking funny, still hate him, and agree that I hope his dog not only pukes in his socks but diarrheas all over his super expensive Persian rug even though none of us can afford but which to him and his wife is the equivalent of a nickel. .

98C47C50-673C-49AD-9A15-6271D9140458.gif.73a418b3f443af642ae9d6eaa4121e6c.gif

This is Tom right now. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dude seems genuine and has a hell, and was an afterthought for the draft and rocketed his way to becoming the standard.
  • Like 1

It is also interesting to me how NFL is so group think. We are all starting to see (if you didn't already) that Brady is the system/standard. NFL executives thought otherwise (It was the HC and you could plug and play anyone in at QB) as the only teams interested in his services were the Bucs and the Chargers. 

And the Bucs got him for a bargain. 

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

Don’t really get this take. Other than envy. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sandman said:

Even better. Russell got 11 titles in 13 years. Fucking insane. Had two in college as well, just for good measure.

5 hours ago, Not a cat said:

To be fair he went to the noted basketball powerhouse University of San Francisco.  I mean, it's kind of like playing at Bama now, everyone is going to get a title just by showing up and putting on that Dons jersey. 

Russell's first year in the NBA, 1956, there were a total of eight NBA teams. The NBA didn't hit ten teams until the 1966 season. Half the teams were in about a three hundred mile loop of Boston, New York, Syracuse, and Philadelphia. 

Yeah, the Celtics won eleven titles in thirteen years, but the Celtics were the only stable NBA franchise in the fifties. Think of them as the Harlem Globetrotters and all the other teams as the Washington Generals. The Celtics are the only NBA franchise from 1956 that's still located in the same city. Every other franchise moved, some multiple times. 

I don't want to diss the old records, but it was just different. These were guys that had to get jobs in the off season, and the quality of play would probably be JUCO level today. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

He’s into the ESport scene, and by all accounts seems like a good guy when I watch him on streams

Mike Evans I thought was lame because he's an aggy. Turns out I was wrong, some friends of mine kids play football with his little brother at G Ball. They said he comes to visit the team and hooks em up with stuff and does a lot for the HS. Any time a guy gets all the way to the NFL and still comes back to talk to his HS I think is pretty awesome.

4 hours ago, Richard Kimball said:

Russell's first year in the NBA, 1956, there were a total of eight NBA teams. The NBA didn't hit ten teams until the 1966 season. Half the teams were in about a three hundred mile loop of Boston, New York, Syracuse, and Philadelphia. 

Yeah, the Celtics won eleven titles in thirteen years, but the Celtics were the only stable NBA franchise in the fifties. Think of them as the Harlem Globetrotters and all the other teams as the Washington Generals. The Celtics are the only NBA franchise from 1956 that's still located in the same city. Every other franchise moved, some multiple times. 

I don't want to diss the old records, but it was just different. These were guys that had to get jobs in the off season, and the quality of play would probably be JUCO level today. 

True, but he knocked off the likes of Chamberlain, Oscar Robinson, Jerry West etc to accomplish that run.

Maybe not as many teams, but few patsies, a benefit modern teams enjoy. Not to mention winning 10 of 11 in anything is really fucking hard to do. 

18 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Man, we'll have to agree to disagree. 

Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, and Antonio Brown 

Vs

Moss, Welker, Stallworth? Come on. Moss? For sure. But Welker over AB? Stallworth over Evans or Goodwin? Nah, bro. 

I do agree with you about Welker being fucking good, tho. He was great, but on talent alone AB is just better. Period. 

Also, fuck Rodgers. 

Welker then was way the fuck better than today's AB.

If you want to measure talent, then stay at the combine.  Welker never was the player he was because he 'out-talented' anyone.  He just made a shit-ton of plays.  Repeatedly.   To the point that the DBs wanted to kill his non-talented ass.

FTR,

Welker had 112 rects for 1175 yards and 8TDs in 2007

I let you look up ABs paltry stats for 2020.

Edited by slorch

On 2/7/2021 at 10:38 PM, Nicole44 said:

Simply the best. Goat! Tom! Think about the FA acquisitions and the role they played in tonite’s game. The Tampa Bay organization bought in and allowed Tom to impose his will on this team and it worked. Only other athlete in a team sport I can think of is Lebron when it comes to that. Let’s face it Tom could go to another team in 2021 and probably pull this off. 

Youre The Best GIF by Rhino Records

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, slorch said:

Welker then was way the fuck better than today's AB.

If you want to measure talent, then stay at the combine.  Welker never was the player he was because he 'out-talented' anyone.  He just made a shit-ton of plays.  Repeatedly.   To the point that the DBs wanted to kill his non-talented ass.

FTR,

Welker had 112 rects for 1175 yards and 8TDs in 2007

I let you look up ABs paltry stats for 2020.

OK, and AB in 2018 had 104 1300 15 TD's. Brown just now came to the team and has to spread the ball with two other pro bowl WR's. Welker was spreading the ball with anyone else. Also, that 2018 stat was also with Juju on the team. AB is leagues ahead of Welker in talent alone. In 2015 alone he was almost at 2k yards and 10 tds. Dude has 7 1000 yard seasons with only one less than 8 TD's. AB has one season with 1100 yards, with the rest being over 1300+. This is ridiculous to think Welker is even in the same stratosphere as AB. AB was also out of football for being a headcase (his own fault), and his first game with the Pats he already scored 1 td before having to sit out. He came back this year having to share with TWO pro bowl WR's. 

Welker has 5 1000 yard seasons with only 2 being higher than 1100 yards, and one season with double digit TD's to AB's 5 double digit TD's. AB is worlds better than Welker, and I like Welker. 

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

OK, and AB in 2018 had 104 1300 15 TD's. Brown just now came to the team and has to spread the ball with two other pro bowl WR's. Welker was spreading the ball with anyone else. Also, that 2018 stat was also with Juju on the team. AB is leagues ahead of Welker in talent alone. In 2015 alone he was almost at 2k yards and 10 tds. Dude has 7 1000 yard seasons with only one less than 8 TD's. AB has one season with 1100 yards, with the rest being over 1300+. This is ridiculous to think Welker is even in the same stratosphere as AB. AB was also out of football for being a headcase (his own fault), and his first game with the Pats he already scored 1 td before having to sit out. He came back this year having to share with TWO pro bowl WR's. 

Welker has 5 1000 yard seasons with only 2 being higher than 1100 yards, and one season with double digit TD's to AB's 5 double digit TD's. AB is worlds better than Welker, and I like Welker. 

Y'all are both entrenched a little too firmly.

Prime Welker > 2020 AB 

Prime AB > Prime Welker 

Also - Brady didn't have AB all season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Y'all are both entrenched a little too firmly.

Prime Welker > 2020 AB 

Prime AB > Prime Welker 

Also - Brady didn't have AB all season.

I was speaking objectively, and noted Welker's shortcomings.

2007 Welker was light years better than 2020 AB.  No he was probably never better than prime AB, nor did I remotely make the case.

The discussion upthread was comparing those 2 specific  receiver corps with regard to weapons at Brady's disposal in 2007 vs 2020..

Edited by slorch

12 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Dude it's not that bad, except I don't know what the heck hummus is.

I looked and saw no sugar, white flour, gluten, dairy or even fucking tomatoes. Meat choices are limited to lean meat like chicken or fish and all the normal sauces you would put on chicken to give it flavor are nixed by the exclusions. No milk or cheese. No pasta or bread. He also recommends a shit load of nuts and I can't stand nuts.

I guess I could survive off of mostly eggs, rice, protein shakes, veggies and chicken. But I need good ideas on how to season that chicken. Thats the main source of dread.