Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

On 8/12/2023 at 8:48 PM, Nueces River Rat said:

4ac57656221856ad6f74ec2c9f5c7cca.jpg
Grabbed these today. Fifteen minutes in the Air Fryer and had Steak and Fries for dinner.

Bought these on your rec. They also have a Cracked Pepper version I’ll grab next time. 

Didn’t notice the Spurs’ logo on the ice cream above, that shit ain’t available here in FW. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I drink soda about 3x per week and I’ve noticed the H‑E‑B brand sodas have gotten quite shitty. I bought an overpriced name brand Coca-Cola 12-pack in a pinch and I was shocked at how much better it tasted than the H‑E‑B ones I’ve been drinking for years. I’m not a brand snob but it was noticeably better and the carbonation did not mess up my stomach the way the H‑E‑B sodas do. 

7 hours ago, MrBig said:

I drink soda about 3x per week and I’ve noticed the H‑E‑B brand sodas have gotten quite shitty. I bought an overpriced name brand Coca-Cola 12-pack in a pinch and I was shocked at how much better it tasted than the H‑E‑B ones I’ve been drinking for years. I’m not a brand snob but it was noticeably better and the carbonation did not mess up my stomach the way the H‑E‑B sodas do. 

I'm sorry but this is a hysterical comment.

"Local shopper discovers quaint beverage called coca-cola"

Coke is the best. I will admit though as someone that drinks maybe 1 or 2 sodas a month I'm frequently reminded at how good it is when I reach for one. Even diet coke is really good.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I'm sorry but this is a hysterical comment.

"Local shopper discovers quaint beverage called coca-cola"

Coke is the best. I will admit though as someone that drinks maybe 1 or 2 sodas a month I'm frequently reminded at how good it is when I reach for one. Even diet coke is really good.

Dr Pepper > Coke

Diet Dr Pepper >>> Diet Coke

• Drool 1

1 minute ago, CooterBrown said:

Diet Dr Pepper >>> Diet Coke

Since I hit my 30s I've probably averaged one soda per year, and this was after a childhood of drinking more Cokes than water.  But whenever I was on a road trip and needed a dose of caffeine that wasn't coffee, I'd always get a Diet Dr. Pepper.  Every time.

As a 64 year old that still drinks lots of “cokes”. Of all types. I try to drink real sugar varieties these days.

I mostly drink real sugar ones these days as I hate HFCS and it’s impact on my diabetes numbers vs the real thing. Mostly drink real sugar Pepsi, real sugar Dr Pepper, ibc root beer, Mexican Fanta orange and coke if I see a deal.

I always buy a shitload of Canada Dry Tahitian Treat if I can find it. That’s a drink from childhood that is perfection to me in a alternative flavor.

6 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Dr Pepper Zero > Coke Zero > Diet Dr Pepper > Diet Coke

Its Science GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I drink quite a bit of HEB's Zero Sugar Orange Burst, that shit is great.

Ice cold aluminum can of Coca-cola > anything anyone could ever possibly list 

That said I understand that some folks like Dr. Pepper like @CooterBrown. They can't help it they were just born that way. 

about the only time I drink sodas anymore is when I'm roadtripping 4+ hours. And more often than not, when I pullover to gas-up/piss I'll roll with a cherry coke (or cherry coke zero if they have it) and possibly a bag of funyuns. I don't think I've ever purchased a bag of funyuns anywhere else than off an interstate. 

• Like 1

Not sure how you motherfuckers let the below slip:

23 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

As a 64 year old that still drinks lots of “cokes”. Of all types. I try to drink real sugar varieties these days.

I mostly drink real sugar ones these days as I hate HFCS and it’s impact on my diabetes numbers vs the real thing. Mostly drink real sugar Pepsi, real sugar Dr Pepper, ibc root beer, Mexican Fanta orange and coke if I see a deal.

I always buy a shitload of Canada Dry Tahitian Treat if I can find it. That’s a drink from childhood that is perfection to me in a alternative flavor.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

That Coke won’t put out a real sugar throwback Coke pisses me off. 

What do you mean? What is the difference between the Mexican Coke with cane sugar and a real sugar throwback Coke? Is there some other form that I'm missing?

Edited by SimonBolivar

Right but does it taste different than what [mention=6972]Texzilla58[/mention] is missing?

Coke in the US and Mexico use HFCS. The majority of the rest of the world uses cane sugar. Mexico still bottles coke with real sugar for export to the US. Careful in Mexico locally as their govt, with likely lucrative bribes from the corn industry, allows HFCs to be labeled as “sugar”.

Real sugar drinks taste different than HFCS. I avoid HFCS for health reasons as well. I’d like a domestic throwback real sugar Coke as it would be priced like regular drinks instead of a big premium for Mexican.

Do you own taste comparison, blind. Have someone help you. Do it with Dr Pepper, Pepsi, Coke, Sprite. So I know some folks prefer the HFCS versions because that’s what they grew up with; I grew up with real sugar. The fake shit is sweeter .
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 10/13/2023 at 12:37 AM, DougO said:

Went to HEB around midnight to get some breakfast for in the morning. It was closed AF! 
Went to the Wal Mart across the stree. It was closed AF!
Drove about 5 miles to the bigass super Wal Mart and it was closed AF, too!
WTF is this closin' shit everywhere? When that that happen?
Dogs and cats living together and shit...

march 2020