2019 NCAA Final Four in Minneapolis

2 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Mesmerized by the bald ref’s running form.

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Holy shit lolol

High knees

2 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Can't stop watching this now. 

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Cant stop laughing at this ref.

I am 43.  I have been watching these games since UNC beat Georgetown.  This is the first final where I am legitimately happy for either winner that I can recall.  *Maybe* Michigan over Seton Hall?

Always has been an obvious hero/villain other than maybe last year, and that one was so in the bag for Villanova I was pretty apathetic about it. 

4 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Auburn losing denied those aggy phonies the opportunity to chant SEC like they ever accomplished anything.  

Oh this is worse than not being able to be a SEC cuckold. Tech has been in the College Baseball World Series 3 times in the last 5 years and now they are playing for a national championship in basketball.

The insecurity in College Station just grew by an order of 10 as they continue to drop in athletic significance behind Texas Tech and TCU.

How the hell can they continue to try and be an equal to big brother when they are not even in the state's top 3 in sports?

Poor aggy.

• Like 3

Outside of watching Gonzaga I have watched very little college basketball this year. I did see that phantom foul that screwed over Auburn and since watching Virginia play basketball is like spending an eternity listening to nails on a chalkboard I'll pull for Tech. Holy hell that call was horrific. Probably will skip the game like I did these two, but as long as Virginia doesn't win it'll be a good end to the season. 

1 hour ago, Horn80 said:

Auburn losing denied those aggy phonies the opportunity to chant SEC like they ever accomplished anything.  

Yup. They shouted SEC at the opposing fans and players after every game in the tourney. This time they only got to throw things on the court.

21 minutes ago, michaelpshayes said:

biwg35.jpg

Our seats were good. Mark Adams is the best basketball mind I was ever around....I hope he helps them win one more

I didn’t know Mark Adams was in their staff. He recruited me in high school when he was at Pan Am. Good coach. 

8 minutes ago, texaslong said:

I didn’t know Mark Adams was in their staff. He recruited me in high school when he was at Pan Am. Good coach. 

Adams and Beard are basically co-head coaches in all but job title. The defense Tech runs is something they cooked up together. We wouldn't be where we are without him.

• Like 1

Been watching championship basketball on tube since 1978... Duke vs Kentucky I think.   Keep expecting tech to fold....intangibles.....refs whatever....not going to happen....they simply play too well defensively....31% shooting today by state. unless refs intervene this tech group wins Mon night.   Congrats to Tech.  This is as close as we are going to get to a NC, unless/until we get our version of Beard.  Speaking of refs, fouls today 18 against tech 13 against state until state had to foul at end of game.   Pretty sizable discrepancy, imo.  

6 hours ago, Machinator said:

Tech is elite at basketball and baseball. Imagine if Matt Wells is above-average for them.

Not that a lot of people care, but this year, TT's track team was ranked number one in the country.  Aggie once upon a time tried to hire the coach, Wes Kittley, away.  He told them he'd have to take a hard pass.  Too bad, so sad for Aggie.

• Like 2

Loved listening to dickie v give his prediction for Monday and talked about Virginia and Bennett and then say “that other club has been good but Virginia and guy and Jerome just know how to play”. I’m surprised he didn’t start talking duke-unc just because he can’t seem to get off the acc cock. I hope tech wins by 25.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Big Frog II said:

Texas Tech plays incredible defense.  They also must credit to the grad transfer rule.  Getting Matt Mooney was a huge piece of the puzzle.  I think they will beat Virginia.  Well, unless the refs screw up again.

And that Owens kid...he kinda good too.

Both grad transfers were huge this season for Beard and Company, but it’s hardly a slam dunk getting great production from GTs.  They have to buy in on the coach’s philosophy and then blend with the team. 

Tech changed a lot throughout this season, especially on the offensive end.  Early game threads this season were rife with complaints about the offense being so stagnant and ‘Let’s stand around and watch Culver score, like we did with Keenan last season.’

Owens and Mooney being such huge contributors is a credit to their work ethic and desire to be part of a winning program.  It’s also yet another layer of Chris Beard’s greatness as a coach.

9 hours ago, F250 said:

Oh this is worse than not being able to be a SEC cuckold. Tech has been in the College Baseball World Series 3 times in the last 5 years and now they are playing for a national championship in basketball.

The insecurity in College Station just grew by an order of 10 as they continue to drop in athletic significance behind Texas Tech and TCU.

How the hell can they continue to try and be an equal to big brother when they are not even in the state's top 3 in sports?

Poor aggy.

Yep, poor aggy is no Texas Tech.  I’m sure aggy will hold mandatory student chant sessions to assure themselves otherwise.  

6 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

Been watching championship basketball on tube since 1978... Duke vs Kentucky I think.   Keep expecting tech to fold....intangibles.....refs whatever....not going to happen....they simply play too well defensively....31% shooting today by state. unless refs intervene this tech group wins Mon night.   Congrats to Tech.  This is as close as we are going to get to a NC, unless/until we get our version of Beard.  Speaking of refs, fouls today 18 against tech 13 against state until state had to foul at end of game.   Pretty sizable discrepancy, imo.  

The foul discrepancy is to be expected when your team plays aggressive defense if the refs are doing their job. It may predispose the refs to making a bad call at times because they get conditioned to calling those fouls but it's the same thing we saw with Huggy's teams when they'd play Press Virginia ball - the fans would cry because of the foul discrepancy. It comes with the territory. 

Happy for the Tech fans in the family and here at Surly today, anyone willing to spend 4-5 years in Lubbock probably needs some cheering up. Wreck 'Em. 

10 hours ago, David Dennison said:

The best part about this is fuck aggy.

Texas won the NIT

Baylor Women play today for the NCAA title (it's the women, so it's OK to pull for them)

Tech could win the NC in basketball.

I didn't realize Texas was a basketball state.

• Like 1

• immamac unpinned and unfeatured this topic