Baylor Rape Talk Not Going Away

Doc Reeves

5 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Baylor finds a way to kill 2 lawsuits with 1 public relations stunt...

Yeah... maybe my post didn’t land.

I was insinuating that the nursing rooms were created so that the children who were products of the many rapes could be fed... you know... because the Baptist’s don’t believe in abortion. 

I guess that got lost in translation.

anyhow, fuck Baylor.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Shmitty said:

BYU would be the 3rd biggest brand in the conference and help open up the Big 12 more nationally.  

3rd biggest brand? Maybe among people who have an interest in college football, and I guess that's what you mean but outside of that I think if you ask the common goober on the street in most towns what "BYU" stands for, I'm afraid most won't know. Iowa State. Kansas. Kansas State. Those are brands that people can recognize if they're at all familiar with, like, the 50 states. Brigham Young University is going to get some puzzled faces. "Brigham Young, you know, the Mormons!". "Oh...."  :) 

27 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Yeah... maybe my post didn’t land.

I was insinuating that the nursing rooms were created so that the children who were products of the many rapes could be fed... you know... because the Baptist’s don’t believe in abortion. 

I guess that got lost in translation.

anyhow, fuck Baylor.

Got it, and actually is a very logical post...

10 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

3rd biggest brand? Maybe among people who have an interest in college football, and I guess that's what you mean but outside of that I think if you ask the common goober on the street in most towns what "BYU" stands for, I'm afraid most won't know. Iowa State. Kansas. Kansas State. Those are brands that people can recognize if they're at all familiar with, like, the 50 states. Brigham Young University is going to get some puzzled faces. "Brigham Young, you know, the Mormons!". "Oh...."  :) 

Yes, in football/athletics.  But BYU grads are also recruited nationally by employers, firms, etc (especialy from the Business school and several of the graduate programs like the law school, MBA and MPA programs).  They are known nationally, whereas the Big 12 schools have more of a regional presence.

Edited by Shmitty
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Shmitty said:

Yes, in football/athletics.  But BYU grads are also recruited nationally by employers, firms, etc.  They are known nationally, whereas the Big 12 schools have more of a regional presence.

BYU would have the 3rd biggest stadium in the XII, as is...

7 hours ago, bluto said:

I don't like that Baylor (issues) seems to not be going away... 

On another note, the former Baylor athletic director hired by Liberty, has a boss sending support by the hundreds of students for another accused rapist...

While on the other end of the spectrum, a coach is suspended for uttering a phrase:

13 hours ago, kopp0e said:

I don't like that Baylor (issues) seems to not be going away... 

On another note, the former Baylor athletic director hired by Liberty, has a boss sending support by the hundreds of students for another accused rapist...

While on the other end of the spectrum, a coach is suspended for uttering a phrase:

Not sure about"little".  I mean,  urban got 3 games,  briles got fired and blackballed  and Paterno died.  Sure they deserved more,  but it wasn't "little".

58 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Not sure about"little".  I mean,  urban got 3 games,  briles got fired and blackballed  and Paterno died.  Sure they deserved more,  but it wasn't "little".

Well, that last "penalty", we will all wind up with...

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, Baylor fined $2M by the Big 12. :rolleyes

The Big 12 board announced Tuesday that it was fining Baylor University $2 million for "reputational damage to the conference and its members" stemming from a sexual assault scandal two years ago.

The league, however, also announced that its third-party verification review showed Baylor had implemented the 105 recommendations from the Pepper Hamilton law firm, putting the university back on track to receive full distribution from the league moving forward.

The Big 12 had been withholding 25 percent of Baylor's revenue distribution, pending compliance with Pepper Hamilton.

To date, that has totaled almost $14.3 million. After reimbursing the Big 12's legal costs, the remaining $12.6 million will be invested by the league for the next four years. Afterward, the principle would be returned to Baylor, minus the $2 million. Any interest earned on the investment would be annually distributed to the league's 10 members, and used for funding to combat sexual harassment and violence on campus.

"We are in full support of Baylor leadership and have confidence they are moving the university forward from this chapter," Big 12 board chairman and West Virginia president Gordon Gee said in a statement.

In 2016, Pepper Hamilton found that the university had failed to follow Title IX legislation and adequately investigate allegations of sexual assault against members of the football team.

After the report was released, Baylor fired coach Art Briles; president Kenneth Starr was demoted and later resigned, while athletic director Ian McCaw was suspended and resigned.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25127280/big-12-fines-baylor-2-million-sexual-assault-scandal

On 10/2/2018 at 12:38 PM, Doc Reeves said:

Holy shit bro, do you even Baylor??

According to Baylor their school is governed by intelligent and much more morally superior children of God than just us regular Texans.

seriously, as someone who had to hear the lunatic Baptist “Baylor gives you a degree and steals your SOUL” babble for years, that it’s now public that he is just another fraud is absolutely delicious.

FIFY...

On 10/2/2018 at 12:38 PM, Doc Reeves said:

• Haha 1

"its third-party verification review showed Baylor had implemented the 105 recommendations from the Pepper Hamilton law firm,..."

How is this possible?  Baylor has told us that the only input from Pepper Hamilton were provided verbally and that NOTHING was written down that they could provide or show.

• 1 month later...

Still Bayloring along, I see.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ex-baylor-university-frat-president-takes-plea-deal-sexual-assault-n920616

A former Baylor University fraternity president who was indicted on sex assault charges could end up serving no jail time as part of a plea deal — which was immediately slammed by the accuser's lawyer.

"In my nearly 40 years of law practice, I've never seen a sweetheart deal like this before," said Vic Feazell, who represents the victim and her family.

On Monday, Jacob Walter Anderson, 23, pleaded "no contest" to a charge of unlawful restraint in exchange for the dismissal of four counts of sexual assault.

Image: Jacob Anderson Baylor UniversityPhi Delta Theta president Jacob Walter Anderson, president of a Baylor University fraternity.Waco Police Department

As part of the plea agreement, Anderson would have charges dropped against him if he satisfies the terms of his probation for three years, according to NBC Dallas-Fort Worth. He would not be required to register as a sex offender.

“The McLennan County District Attorney’s office is known throughout the state for our aggressive prosecution of sexual assault cases, to say otherwise is simply absurd," Reyna said.

Edited by pyrohornIII
  • Like 1

I saw this on my FB feed this morning. Whats almost as amazing is nowhere did I see it mentioned that the judge in question, who has now done this 3 times, recieved his undergraduate and JD feom Baylor. How the fuck does he keep getting to try these cases?

Seriously Journalists, this is basic fact checking shit.

https://ballotpedia.org/Ralph_Strother

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ex-baylor-university-frat-president-takes-plea-deal-sexual-assault-n920616

A former Baylor University fraternity president who was indicted on sex assault charges could end up serving no jail time as part of a plea deal — which was immediately slammed by the accuser's lawyer.

"In my nearly 40 years of law practice, I've never seen a sweetheart deal like this before," said Vic Feazell, who represents the victim and her family.

On Monday, Jacob Walter Anderson, 23, pleaded "no contest" to a charge of unlawful restraint in exchange for the dismissal of four counts of sexual assault.

Image: Jacob Anderson Baylor UniversityPhi Delta Theta president Jacob Walter Anderson, president of a Baylor University fraternity.Waco Police Department

As part of the plea agreement, Anderson would have charges dropped against him if he satisfies the terms of his probation for three years, according to NBC Dallas-Fort Worth. He would not be required to register as a sex offender.

“The McLennan County District Attorney’s office is known throughout the state for our aggressive prosecution of sexual assault cases, to say otherwise is simply absurd," Reyna said.

Abel Reyna is an awful person.  He's a pox on the entire area.  Fuck him.  Waco needs to stop Wacoing.

This is why we can't have nice things.

5 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

I want to punch that smug ass, snot-nosed entitled punk so hard he will be breathing out the back of his skull. That fucking smirk needs to permanently wiped off his face.

If I was the father of his victim, it would be worth the prison sentence to administer my own justice since the government won't do it.

• Like 6