Gunman attacks Dallas Federal Building

CHEF DIESEL

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Saw something on FB. He looks ready to do some damage and may have only managed to shoot out the revolving doors?

Hope no one else was injured. Police presence is large in scope. First time I have seen firefighters in their new body armor.

1 minute ago, Continental Op said:

Normally we get sky high casualty reports right off the bat so hopefully the fact we haven't seen anything yet is good.  

but lets not forget, we almost always are told there are 2-4 shooters as well.   So this being a single gunman report also implies its just this one wack job who hopefully only got himself killed.

I too hope for the zero innocent vibes.

9 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Damn, that guy came ready to go, good thing it didn't last very long. 

He appears to be a 22 year old cosplay loser from Dallas. Woodrow Wilson High School grad.

Dallas Morning News reporting this is him:

https://www.facebook.com/brian.clyde.50

Looking at his FB page he has photos of his magazines used in today's attack. Rifle he used looks like a crummy low end AR that can be had for about $400 OTD.

Edited by CHEF DIESEL

1 minute ago, Lat22 said:

That was poorly executed. He had a shitload of mags and didn’t even make it through the first one.

His boots were not even tied.

It worries me people like this exist. I am thankful he decided to chose a hardened and secure facility with armed staff rather than a soft target with people who can't stand much of a chance of fighting back.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

I like dumbasses who spend a lotta time and money ordering stuff from "TACTICALBADASS.COM," but no time or money learning how to shoot or actually scoping out their target.  I like those dumbasses a lot.  Because they get taken out without doing any damage.

guaranteed he bought something at one of those mall ninja stores as a 13 year old.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I like dumbasses who spend a lotta time and money ordering stuff from "TACTICALBADASS.COM," but no time or money learning how to shoot or actually scoping out their target.  I like those dumbasses a lot.  Because they get taken out without doing any damage.

The Dallas Police shooter had Reserves and extra training.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Seems like this guy chose his target.....poorly.

But, as someone who regularly frequents courthouses, repeated incidents like this are going to make security even more of a PITA.  What an asshole.

Well, stop breaking the law asshole!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CHEF DIESEL said:

First time I have seen firefighters in their new body armor.

So DFD has armor now? EMS has had vests in Austin for years, but still nothing for Fire. No idea why.

Edited by wood

DMN photojournalist Tom Fox had just gotten to courthouse and was about to go inside to cover a trial when he saw this guy get out of a car with weapons, and ducked behind the wall as seen in video above.  He leaned out, shot a few frames and ducked back again.  He's lucky to be alive - but damn, what a photo.  I'd be surprised if it doesn't win the Pulitzer for spot news photography.  

Interview quotes from him in this reporter's feed: https://twitter.com/MeaganMHarris

• Like 5