Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

7 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Has anyone seen the Georgia visitors list v ND yet? Evans or Ringo on it?

From Georgia board

-I am not expecting Zachary Evans in town this weekend. I still like where Georgia is with him, but he has to get to where he has things at his high school taking care of. Did check with sources and he is still in full communication with Georgia staff.

-Five-star cornerback Kelee Ringo (Scottsdale, Ariz./Saguaro) is trying to make it to Athens this weekend for the game but if he does, that will not be his official visit. The nation's No. 7 overall prospect and No. 1 cornerback will take his official visit to Georgia in December for the senior gala weekend. Look for him to potentially go public with a commitment at the All-American Bowl

From Georgia board

-I am not expecting Zachary Evans in town this weekend. I still like where Georgia is with him, but he has to get to where he has things at his high school taking care of. Did check with sources and he is still in full communication with Georgia staff.

-Five-star cornerback Kelee Ringo (Scottsdale, Ariz./Saguaro) is trying to make it to Athens this weekend for the game but if he does, that will not be his official visit. The nation's No. 7 overall prospect and No. 1 cornerback will take his official visit to Georgia in December for the senior gala weekend. Look for him to potentially go public with a commitment at the All-American Bowl

Thanks, hope the car breaks down in Austin.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Vertigo said:

If the Statesman sports department collapsed in on itself and there were muffled screams coming from the writers area, I think I might order a pizza and set up a lawn chair. But we all know Kurt Bowles and B Davis would emerge from the rubble by making a call to the vaunted aggy network's bonfire response team. Those yokels constantly bleat about media conspiracy when they have had a redass sitting in the lead reporters seat with a heisman vote covering his hated rival and constantly bashing them for however many hundreds of years Bowles has been alive.  Fuck the AAS

You misspelled "bowels".

23 minutes ago, Bevojoe said:

Unfortunately, seems like they have the lead.

Let me spell it out a little more clearly. Ringo was paid by Georgia. He is going to Georgia. He will be attending the Georgia senior Gala in December and will commit at the All-American bowl.

Maybe Ringo winds up at Georgia. Maybe everyone is being presumptuous. Maybe if you think you’re one guy away from competing for it all, you don’t let anything stop you from getting him. I don’t know. What I do know is that the $9.95ers don’t have this one straight, so if you are taking your positions based off of those guys, you’re as willfullly stupid as they are. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Let me spell it out a little more clearly. Ringo was paid by Georgia. He is going to Georgia. He will be attending the Georgia senior Gala in December and will commit at the All-American bowl.

I was watching the leo lewis/ole miss YouTube documentary. He was getting 50 to 90k (that figure might be off) between LSU,  ole miss, and miss st.. Leo wasn't that great.  What is Ringo getting? 

Edited by Butch Had Not

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Maybe Ringo winds up at Georgia. Maybe everyone is being presumptuous. Maybe if you think you’re one guy away from competing for it all, you don’t let anything stop you from getting him. I don’t know. What I do know is that the $9.95ers don’t have this one straight, so if you are taking your positions based off of those guys, you’re as willfullly stupid as they are. 

Second time you've mentioned we're not out of it. I'll take it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Count me in for a bag with some 1s!  Let's go get Ringo to Texas

one-dollar-bills-inside-violin-600w-1135

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

We should absolutely do whatever it takes to make this a fair fight. These are the kind of select elite guys you play the game for, not some random bread from New Jersey after you strike out on all your top targets.

Edited by Reynolds Woodcock

Last I had heard was that there were reasons beyond bags that Ringo was leaning towards UGA. But that's from a while back so maybe things changed. I would absolutely love to be wrong though. I'd honestly trade anyone in this class for him except maybe Bijan because I think a lockdown CB would really elevate our defense. 

Anyone who hasn’t watched Collins’ sr film should go check it out. That is a championship-level beast. Watching OU contort themselves into thinking they’re in it is good stuff. 

How futile does Arkansas have to look and how outstanding does Kelvontay Dixon’s sr film have to look before Texas realizes he’s the slot take they should be all over? 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Anyone who hasn’t watched Collins’ sr film should go check it out. That is a championship-level beast. Watching OU contort themselves into thinking they’re in it is good stuff. 

How futile does Arkansas have to look and how outstanding does Kelvontay Dixon’s sr film have to look before Texas realizes he’s the slot take they should be all over? 

God bless the C in this video. He’s the smallest O lineman on the field and Collins was lining up directly across from him. 

http://www.hudl.com/v/2BfPXD

• Like 1