Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

@derpyhorndog feel free to disclose everything we tracked and figured out. I got the delisted plane’s info and gave it to derpy and he did the rest. It checked out with the rumors of meetings in Fort Collins and LA. It was the plane used by Eltife and/or his people when talking to Meyer directly. 

That all said, I don’t know why any of you gave the David Dennison guy visible. I saw enough of his abject stupidity in a day’s worth of his posts to convince me to put him on ignore and move on. He’s a cloak room douche that wouldn’t have a handle if it wasn’t for the “sky is falling” circle jerk that those dipshits have working in that shithole. 

Interesting that Muschamp is actually in play. You just had him attached to potentially Kelly instead of Sark. Very telling that he just started following CDC on Twitter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I want you to admit you were doing the same thing as RapGame Larry. There was no source just an educated guess that was going to have you look like a genius or complete moron. 

larry is a fraud. and I won’t admit to some made-up bullshit. you need to accept that I knew the truth long before anyone else here. that’s a fact and it’s indisputable. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Interesting that Muschamp is actually in play. You just had him attached to potentially Kelly instead of Sark. Very telling that he just started following CDC on Twitter. 

I’ve been on a golf course most of today with one of my young sons and trying to be in the moment with him while of this shit has been happening. Accordingly, I don’t even have a clue what is public right versus all of the text walls and phone calls today. Is it out there that Muschamp could be the guy? If he’s the guy, they’re keeping Hutzler and supposedly Mike Stoops can stay at Bama and keep snorting coke or huffing paint or whatever he’s up to these days. 

Regarding connecting WM to Kelly, that was coming from smoke at ND and I asked around about it. The response I got was that they don’t know each other and there is no way WM would go to South Bend. He’s willing to come back to Austin though. 

Allegedly Carrington and Drayton will both be retained. I’m interested in seeing if that holds true and also wondering if either of those items have been mentioned yet, and also if not, if they’re even true. We’re about to hear a fuckton of rumors from all over the place now that the move has been made. 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

@derpyhorndog feel free to disclose everything we tracked and figured out. I got the delisted plane’s info and gave it to derpy and he did the rest. It checked out with the rumors of meetings in Fort Collins and LA. It was the plane used by Eltife and/or his people when talking to Meyer directly. 

That all said, I don’t know why any of you gave the David Dennison guy visible. I saw enough of his abject stupidity in a day’s worth of his posts to convince me to put him on ignore and move on. He’s a cloak room douche that wouldn’t have a handle if it wasn’t for the “sky is falling” circle jerk that those dipshits have working in that shithole. 

Here's the travel history of the Eltife plane over the period of contact with Urban:

• October 7: Went Horseshoe Bay --> Terrell Muni Airport in Terrell, TX --> Stephens County Airport in Breckenridge, TX --> back to HSB
  • October 9: Flights from Horseshoe Bay --> Love Field in Dallas --> Northern Colorado Regional Airport in Fort Collins
  • October 12: Flew from Fort Collins --> Love Field --> Horseshoe Bay
  • October 20: Travelled Horseshoe Bay --> Love Field  --> back to HSB
  • November 8: Went from Horseshoe Bay --> Gillespie County Airport in Fredericksburg, TX --> Arlington Muni Airport
  • November 9: Flew from Arlington --> Fredericksburg --> Horseshoe Bay.
  • November 11:  Travelled from Horseshoe Bay --> Wharton Muni --> back to HSB --> Taylorville, IL. The plane stayed in Taylorville until 11/20.
  • November 20 & 21: Flew from Taylorville --> Lubbock before doing an overnight flight that landed the morning of 11/21 at Ontario Int'l Airport just outside of Los Angeles. Later that day, went Ontario --> Burnet Muni Airport, hopped over to Gillespie County Airport in Fredericksburg and then ended the day at Jackson Hole Airport.

This is what CTJ confirmed regarding the October 9-12th and November 20-21st trips:

Spoiler

"They met with UM and Knight in Fort Collins that October weekend. Texas BOR folks left Austin, picked up a key couple of BMDs in Dallas, and met with them in FC. Similarly, there was a long meeting or set of meetings in LA the November weekend."

The plane didn't have any movement until December 10th, after Urban was said to have shot us down. They were a series a flights to Kansas City and Orlando, clearly not related to Meyer, but were at the time rumors were heating up regarding Mullen as a possibility (and CTJ's connection confirmed UT was in talks with the Mullen camp at that time). Kansas City could have been nothing, could have been Eric Bieniemy. Nothing confirmed on that one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Just saw that Saban said Sark will remain w/ Bama through the NC game. Now this makes no sense at all. Why willingly have this announcement today? All it does is add a shitton of distraction on Bama players.

Bama players have known for awhile according to the one guy in this thread that called the hire. Which makes sense. It's honestly pretty easy to keep a lid on something like that. You don't even need to tell them where you are going to coach, just: "hey guys, I will be taking a head coaching job after this season but I will be here coaching for you until our season is over, cool?" Then you move on because you are Alabama and not a losing, dysfunctional program that lets things like that distract from established team goals.

2 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Well all - been a fun ride! Not the outcome I ultimately wanted in terms of Sarkisian but I do believe that an AI just randomizing NCAA 2015 could call better plays than Herman did. Just glad that fuckstick is gone.

That says a lot because there is no NCAA 15 playbook.

• Hook 'Em 1

Here's the travel history of the Eltife plane over the period of contact with Urban:
  • October 7: Went Horseshoe Bay --> Terrell Muni Airport in Terrell, TX --> Stephens County Airport in Breckenridge, TX --> back to HSB
  • October 9: Flights from Horseshoe Bay --> Love Field in Dallas --> Northern Colorado Regional Airport in Fort Collins
  • October 12: Flew from Fort Collins --> Love Field --> Horseshoe Bay
  • October 20: Travelled Horseshoe Bay --> Love Field  --> back to HSB
  • November 8: Went from Horseshoe Bay --> Gillespie County Airport in Fredericksburg, TX --> Arlington Muni Airport
  • November 9: Flew from Arlington --> Fredericksburg --> Horseshoe Bay.
  • November 11:  Travelled from Horseshoe Bay --> Wharton Muni --> back to HSB --> Taylorville, IL. The plane stayed in Taylorville until 11/20.
  • November 20 & 21: Flew from Taylorville --> Lubbock before doing an overnight flight that landed the morning of 11/21 at Ontario Int'l Airport just outside of Los Angeles. Later that day, went Ontario --> Burnet Muni Airport, hopped over to Gillespie County Airport in Fredericksburg and then ended the day at Jackson Hole Airport.
This is what CTJ confirmed regarding the October 9-12th and November 20-21st trips:
Spoiler

"They met with UM and Knight in Fort Collins that October weekend. Texas BOR folks left Austin, picked up a key couple of BMDs in Dallas, and met with them in FC. Similarly, there was a long meeting or set of meetings in LA the November weekend."

The plane didn't have any movement until December 10th, after Urban was said to have shot us down. They were a series a flights to Kansas City and Orlando, clearly not related to Meyer, but were at the time rumors were heating up regarding Mullen as a possibility (and CTJ's connection confirmed UT was in talks with the Mullen camp at that time). Kansas City could have been nothing, could have been Eric Bieniemy. Nothing confirmed on that one. 

CTJ, any idea why UM never materialized?

29 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’ve been on a golf course most of today with one of my young sons and trying to be in the moment with him while of this shit has been happening. Accordingly, I don’t even have a clue what is public right versus all of the text walls and phone calls today. Is it out there that Muschamp could be the guy? If he’s the guy, they’re keeping Hutzler and supposedly Mike Stoops can stay at Bama and keep snorting coke or huffing paint or whatever he’s up to these days. 

Regarding connecting WM to Kelly, that was coming from smoke at ND and I asked around about it. The response I got was that they don’t know each other and there is no way WM would go to South Bend. He’s willing to come back to Austin though. 

Allegedly Carrington and Drayton will both be retained. I’m interested in seeing if that holds true and also wondering if either of those items have been mentioned yet, and also if not, if they’re even true. We’re about to hear a fuckton of rumors from all over the place now that the move has been made. 

@closetojumping Without going back to reread old posts, as I recall is it correct to say you were hearing the Sark rumors for a couple weeks but were skeptical of them that we would have gone so far down the plan B list?  I guess my big question at this point is are the BMDs happy with this?  Did they want TH gone so bad that they are content to have shelled out probably $20 million in buyout money to get a guy that has no better track record than TH?  Did they know when they were writing the checks yesterday that this is what they were getting, or did CDC pull a bait and switch on them and leave them with their dicks in their hands?

• Hook 'Em 2

Just checking to say most fun I’ve had around Texas football since 3rd and 17. Dumb shit never stopped. Urbs to UT was an enormous amount of energy expended. Adios Herman. Rehab somewhere else. Everybody has issues. We’ll see how Sark does but I’m all in his opportunity to rehab Longhorn Football. Hook ‘em. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

While I didn’t feel the UM vibes the last few weeks, this thread ha been a great distraction to an otherwise shitty year, scaled back holidays, mostly boring bowl games, etc.  At least I was able to add Chuy’s jalapeño ranch recipe to the fun.  Damn, it feels like I posted that months ago!  Guess I’m ready for Sark - so glad Mensa is history.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

One day, I'm going to read every single page of this glorious thread.

What a sight for sore eyes. I always had hope you were just so disgusted with Herman you had to turn your computer off. This thread is really incredible. There are so many highs and lows and...well surlyisms. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

What I don't understand, is how the BMD's became sold on Sark (about a .500 HC) to get the mensa-boi buyout money.
Were they told that this is the best next up-and-comer?
Were they told that this is the best Texas can do because CUM isn't coming?  LULZ.

Edited by BachelorTrek
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, BachelorTrek said:

What I don't understand, is how the BMD's were became sold on Sark (about a .500 HC) to get the mensa-boi buyout money.
Were they told that this is the best next up-and-comer?
Were they told that this is the best Texas can do because CUM isn't coming?  LULZ.

The way I see it:

1) everyone fucking hates Herman

2) there's more trust in CDC/Hartzell/Eltife than the previous decision-makers

3) bringing Herman back was untenable after we busted on Urban and the entire world knew about it.

• Hook 'Em 2