The Surly Official 2020 I voted thread.

immamac

Voted today at about 2:45 on Old Settlers in RR.

Took ten minutes and I was third in line to check in when I walked in

As soon as I checked in I went straight to the machines and voted.

Since I am voting in Williamson County I think less people is a good sign for the Blue.

I did not vote for anyone with a R by their name and never will.

Checked my print out ballot as well before I put it in the machine that registers it.

Voting never felt so good.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

We just democracied the shit out of it, because democracy. My grandfather had to take a boat ride across the ocean to shoot nazis in the face...never imagined I’d have the relative convenience of just voting against them right here at home, but here we are.

Put our “I voted” stickers on our facemasks, because 2020.

Voted at the disability rights center on Braker - in and out in 20 mins exactly at 6:30.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Dropped off our votes at the box this evening in rural red shithole county Colorado. Not a shred of red by any of my or my wife’s choices.  Had to refrain from drawing a Thujone dick pic next to Trump/Pence for fear of misinterpretation.

Edited by Goredho
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

image.thumb.png.a6d29304edc6a4524fc9938b181dbb3a.png

Voted Straight D, no condom. Hopefully something slow Donnie gets to experience in the big house. Happened to be driving by the Ben Hur Shrine in Crestview and noticed there wasn't much of a line. 10 minutes from the time I parked my car (approx 6:30 tonight). Fuck off dotard.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Made the trek out to the AT&T Center yesterday, mainly to thank the players for ignoring the “shut up and dribble” mouthbreathers and encouraging people to vote.

Probably 50 people in line ahead of me, but it took maybe five minutes to get through that line and another five minutes to vote.

Almost a festive environment too.  When I was at the voting machine, I was startled by one of the poll workers across the room yelling, “FIRST TIME VOTER!!!” and then everyone in the room cheering for that person.

Have never heard that before, but maybe that’s because I usually vote with the olds out in the suburbs.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 10:35 AM, thepop said:

I want to vote so bad but my car died a week ago and not sure when I'm getting it back. Closest location is an hour walk. (I will happily walk an hour to vote if it comes to that). Or Lyft.

tenor.gif?itemid=13761885

Get an Uber or Lyft,  post or PM  your receipt and your Venmo ID and I will personally reimburse you (unless that is illegal which I haven’t researched).

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Got back 30 minutes ago from going with my wife while she voted. At just past 7AM there was a 5 minute wait at the Cypress Creek Randall's in CP. She was actually a little bit disappointed that she couldn't wait in a longer line like I had done on Tuesday.  I chatted briefly w/ an election official who told me they were expecting a full day again today.

Voting kicks ass. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I got to my polling place at 7:15 and left about an hour later. There was a prop on my ballot to remove symbols by names like  D or R and I voted against that. Fuck you sneaky Republicans, you need to be identified so I can vote against you. 

Wut? Where was this?

On 10/14/2020 at 11:12 AM, High Plains Drifter said:

No pics. You don't want, think extra heavy, hairy, patchouli hippie types.

I'm guessing they held their noses to avoid smelling all that patchouli on you.

Also, voted yesterday at Samuell Grand rec center (east Dallas) yesterday.  No line to get in, and only had to wait about 5-10 minutes to get my ballot.

Voter No. 1771.

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Get an Uber or Lyft,  post or PM  your receipt and your Venmo ID and I will personally reimburse you (unless that is illegal which I haven’t researched).

That’s really kind. Thanks for the offer. I did think about Lyft but I wanted to avoid riding in a car with a stranger unless absolutely necessary (Covid). My sister ended up giving me a ride yesterday anyway. We both voted straight Dem.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, bonnieblue said:

Got in line at NW hills rec center around 9:55 am. They had a sign showing the 60 minute wait mark about 10 people up the line, said fuck it and went to ACC highland. The line was massive there, but was moving so quickly that I able to drive there from NW Rec center, wait in line and finish voting, all by 10:35. Would highly recommend.

As a clarification, ACC Highland is actually at some random Holiday Inn a mile down the road.

Also straight D (except Madeline Connor).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Mrs. MO and I voted this morning and both went straight D. There was only one person for sheriff and they were R and left that blank. Our votes probably won't help Kansas turn blue, but I've seen polls that show our senate race may go Democrat, which would flip a seat. Felt good to vote against Dotard. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Waited <5 min at the South Austin Rec Center this morning. Looked like quite a few first time voters there too. 

Got a little misty eyed as I walked out. Been waiting 4 long years to vote against that piece of shit. 

The line outside South Austin's mom's house was wrapped around the block.

• Hook 'Em 1

Voted about 10 AM this morning at the Manor ISD Admin building. Basically no line (2 people in front of me). Straight DEM except for Madeleine Connor (left that one blank). She's unopposed anyway.

It's funny, when our voting was completely electronic I was never too paranoid about my vote being counted...but now that we have a paper ballot, I have all kinds of anxiety about it getting jammed in the machine, or otherwise not being scanned properly...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Paper_jam said:

Voted about 10 AM this morning at the Manor ISD Admin building. Basically no line (2 people in front of me). Straight DEM except for Madeleine Connor (left that one blank). She's unopposed anyway.

It's funny, when our voting was completely electronic I was never too paranoid about my vote being counted...but now that we have a paper ballot, I have all kinds of anxiety about it getting jammed in the machine, or otherwise not being scanned properly...

requisite "user name checks out"...

• Hook 'Em 2

Downtown Waco had 2 people in front of me at 10:30 this morning. First time voting for a D for president  Also brought two first time presidential voters in my immigrant mother in law and my wife. We won't win McLennan, but it felt great to add 3 votes to the cause.

Honestly it was the first time I was excited to vote for a candidate outside of Pete in the primary.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

On the way home from a bunch date at Perla’s, noticed that the parking lot at the Northwest Austin rec center seemed light, so pulled in and voted with no wait.

Felt so fucking good to vote for Biden and against that embarrassing orange fuckstick.

Edited by South Austin
Can’t spell after two Bloody Mary’s.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Proposition F: Official Ballots Shall Section 5.02(a) relating to the placing of names of candidates on the ballot be amended to conform to the state law governing the withdrawal or death of a candidate? If approved, the amended portion of Section 5.02(a) would read: “(a) The name of each candidate for office shall be printed on the official ballots without party designation or symbol. Candidates who have died or withdrawn shall be omitted from the ballot as provided for in State law.”  Explanation: Section 5.02(a) of the Charter currently provides that the names of all persons who have submitted an application for place on the ballot shall have their names printed on the ballot, except those candidates who have withdrawn or died. The Charter does not provide any deadlines or procedure for a candidate to withdraw, or instructions on how to prepare the ballot depending on when a candidate dies. State law8 provides a uniform process for determining when a candidate’s name may be removed from or left off a ballot. The proposition would amend Section 5,02(a) to delete the current language about leaving a candidate’s name off the ballot and instead just reference that the omission of names on the ballot for City elections shall follow the State law.

Lakeway, I hadn't seen this proposition before so I don't know if I read it right. It might just be about dead people but I wasn't taking any chances. I hadn't had my morning coffee yet. 

Edited by burntorangebongos
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 2:23 PM, Ghost of LL said:

Check out this fucking guy at my polling place in West Lake Hills

7db9aa57261db89e83e5552b8e32df14.jpg

Nice parking job, dickweed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi neighbor.  My house is around the corner from the church.

We voted this morning and that felt good.  Really good.  I’m going back to vote again next weekend.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

On the way home from a bunch date at Perla’s, noticed that the parking lot at the Northwest Austin rec center seemed light, so pulled in and voted with no wait.

Yep, we voted there this morning, very quick line, and little wait.  Seemed like it was a lot easier/faster to vote than in the past.

• Like 1

I voted this morning at South Park meadows. I was 4th in line after getting my ballot but that was the only line there at 11 this morning. Bonus bright spot for me; the lady that printed my ballot was wearing a rainbow mask!

Felt fucking good to go through and pick Dems this time!

I’ve also taken the afternoon of Nov 3 off and Nov 4 all day. I figure there is going to be some major drinking going on November 3rd whichever way the vote goes. Going to be a struggle to stay patient until it gets here.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I voted this morning at South Park meadows. I was 4th in line after getting my ballot but that was the only line there at 11 this morning. Bonus bright spot for me; the lady that printed my ballot was wearing a rainbow mask!

Felt fucking good to go through and pick Dems this time!

I’ve also taken the afternoon of Nov 3 off and Nov 4 all day. I figure there is going to be some major drinking going on November 3rd whichever way the vote goes. Going to be a struggle to stay patient until it gets here.

Two weeks from Tuesday my friend.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1