Texas opens as a 14 point favorite v Baylor

TexasMan

20 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

“Overreact?” 

When was the last time Texas “crushed” a Big 12 opponent?

2017 vs 0-8 Baylor 38-7 

2015 vs 0-9 Kansas 59-20

2011 vs 2-6 Kansas 43-0

2011 vs 5-4 Tech 52-20

If you want to stretch it Tech last year but that was 28-21 at halftime hardly crushing.

so 4 times in the past decade

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Haha 1

better odds - the game is never played, because of the Rona (I doubt that they truly isolated/quarantined the team) 

Athletic director Mack Rhoades on Oct. 12 told SicEm365 Radio that there were 28 active cases of COVID-19 among players and 14 among football staff members. Rhoades said he thought the outbreak was linked to someone who received a false negative test for the virus but then traveled with the team for an Oct. 3 game at West Virginia.

and Baylor's math sucks - 19 players +14 staff > 28 cases a week ago.
Playing this game seems like a good way to get the virus into the Horns locker room

Unless CDC can rig up speakers and animatronics on the cardboard fan cutouts DKR is going to be a ghost town. The weather is way to nice and there is way to much to do to spend it watching a poorly coached, undisciplined shit show of a team play a game that will be over officiated as it seems like every Big12 referee is on steroids and wants to get as much "gun showing" time in as possible on national TV.

I think Baylor pushes Texas' shit in with at least two completely boneheaded plays on ST by Texas and the Texas OL continuing their quest to kill as many drives as possible with stupid penalties after big gains.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

^^ agrees, except for the ghost town thing.  There will be people there.  Shoot I'll watch.... Unless something better comes up.

Overall, I'm just not sure.  Herman will do all he can to keep the games close whether he has the lead or is behind.  I'll probably say TX by one after a failed Baylor 2 PT conversion in the final minute.  Of course this will be after taking a 14 point lead into the 4th.  But in all honesty I haven't watched a minute I Baylor. 

13 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

I think we win, and IF we have a big lead Herman will keep his foot on the gas due to the heat on his seat. 

If we lose, it is my wish that we leave Herman somewhere in McLennan county and let him find his own way home!

2 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

The game is in Austin.

All the more reason to do it. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

All the more reason to do it. 

CDC will promise him after a hard fought loss to take him to Pappadeaux.  Drive up to Waco, be like HA SUCKER! and drive off.  He has to walk home and there's no Pappadeaux. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

better odds - the game is never played, because of the Rona (I doubt that they truly isolated/quarantined the team) 

and Baylor's math sucks - 19 players +14 staff > 28 cases a week ago.
Playing this game seems like a good way to get the virus into the Horns locker room

Yep.  A more interesting line might be:

Will Baylor have +14 more cases than us?

Fuck Tom Herman.