Is Deshaun Watson Done in Houston?

Vic Mackey

18 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

As soon as there is real, tangible proof beyond "wow that's a large number of women to accuse someone of something like that", i will be all-in on putting the creep in jail, Susan. 

That’s a relief. We’re all waiting with baited breath for you to cross the finish line

36 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

OK, so you've got one!  And this is, FWIW, textbook defense when it comes to these cases. To focus on the strangest or weakest elements of one or two accusers while just shrugging at the overwhelming pattern from an overwhelming number of people.

And, even  if that one person is not telling the truth, you jump into the realm of fanfic when you move into theorizing a vast criminal conspiracy to accomplish....what is it, exactly, that this accomplishes for the conspirators again? 

All of the complaints that i've read so far say basically the same thing. So yeah you could say it exhibits a pattern. Or you could say that the same person is telling each story. Let's put some faces and names behind these accusations, there's 20 people now so it's not like any of these women need to fear retaliation. I want to see the ball rolling, i'm tired of this being tried in the court of public opinion. It's been a week now, bring the goods.

As far as what this accomplishes for the Texans, you serious Clark? They get out of his contract. They don't have to trade him to another team for what will never be fair value in return and watch him do well somewhere else. They don't have to see him follow through on sitting out the season and giving them more bad press. They get to shift the focus to what a predator and bad guy Deshaun is, instead of being eviscerated daily for being an incompetent franchise who hired a fucking charlatan to run their team. 

As of today, i hear reports that other teams are still interested in acquiring Watson. Are they fucking dumb and don't do their homework? In what world would you want this guy on your team if you think these accusations have any sort of credibility?

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The scheme as you laid out is both insanely illegal and ludicrously complex.  At this point, it involves cajoling dozens of women into filing false pleadings.  And, of course, that means that you entering into a criminal scheme to embezzle/defame/blackmail someone with dozens of people who you already know are willing to engage in a criminal scheme. At some point the criminal mastermind here has to think, "wait, what if one of these women blackmails ME now that she's wise to our plan. What happens when she realizes she can get far more out of the owners of the Texans than she can in a lawsuit against a Texans player?"

I guess we're more conditioned to believe in conspiracies after Trump, but you're absolutely right.  The likelihood of this all being a massive conspiracy and total fabrication is very small.  It's just way too hard to pull off.        

34 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I believe Weinstein and Cosby are guilty. I just want people who know him and have been associated with him to say yeah we could see him doing it. That's all.

And again, the story of the lesbian who was assaulted twice will not hold up to scrutiny. And if there is one that won't hold water, then there are probably multiple others that won't either. I think this dude is spamming lawsuits with the intent of not following up on all of them, hoping Watson will just pay to make it all go away.

So if you are Watson’s attorney you’d want to consolidate all the claims into one case? That way, if you discredit one alleged victim, you’d discredit them all? Sorry if I was bitchy earlier. My dog, Little Bitty, passed away yesterday and she was my Dutch stone. 

The third victim’s account scares me. Just saying. 

You think the Texans are weighing three options:

1) Don’t trade DW, he sits out but is still on team
2) Trade DW, probably don’t get proper value but get a bunch of good draft picks
3) Dig up/create a complex criminal scandal with 20 victims so that they accomplish neither #1 or #2, cancel DWs contract. All to save face and shift blame?

I get that the Texans are now a bottom 5 franchise in terms of management, but that’s insanity talking.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

Just now, HoustonFrog said:

2) Trade DW, probably don’t get proper value but get a bunch of good draft picks
3) Dig up/create a complex criminal scandal with 20 victims so that they accomplish neither #1 or #2, cancel DWs contract. All to save face and shift blame?

I get that the Texans are now a bottom 5 franchise in terms of management, but that’s insanity talking.

You know you’re a shit organization when number three actually sounds plausible.

17 minutes ago, bejezuz said:

I guess we're more conditioned to believe in conspiracies after Trump, but you're absolutely right.  The likelihood of this all being a massive conspiracy and total fabrication is very small.  It's just way too hard to pull off.        

And-- the large criminal conspiracies that do function (organized crime groups, drug cartels, etc.) do not hinge on conducting their criminal enterprise through the court system and national media with opposing counsel dedicated to tearing the whole thing apart. Everyone involved keeps their damn mouths shut or ends up stuffed in a barrel somewhere. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

So you have zero suspicion? Deshaun Watson goes from all around good dude, to having 20 sexual assault accusers seemingly overnight. And i know you'll point to Cosby and Weinstein as examples. But with guys like that, there are rumors and stories swirling for a long time before they gey caught. People made jokes about Harvey Weinstein being a predator at awards shows before he got into trouble. The literal only reason Cosby got in trouble is because Hannibal Burress made a joke about it and it went viral. A lot of people who had been around Cosby and been in Hollywood knew about him.

Seemingly nobody knew that Watson was doing stuff like this, until now. There were no rumors, no accusers, no payoffs that we know about. Then, suddenly, 20 women. Now, if we can get some history of paying women off and covering stuff up, which there should be ample proof of, i will start to lean towards Watson did this stuff. Hell, even stories from people who have been close to and been around Watson that he is a lowkey dirty sketchball freak will be enough for me to start suspecting him. But until then, this is too much, too suddenly, and i really do have a lot of questions.

Your entire theory seems to be based on your knowledge that you didn't know anything. Extending your lack of knowledge to everyone else is an incredibly large and usually faulty assumption.

Now I don't know shit about this myself, so I haven't weighed in because this thread is funny just to read and see all the wild theories. But your entire logical argument hinges on the assumption that Watson was an all around good dude and nobody had any suspicion merely because you thought he was an all around good dude and had no suspicion.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, HoustonFrog said:

I don't think a conspiracy would involve 20 separate women all making shit up. I think it would involve the attorney filing the suits to have one or a few women who are willing to lie, and then make the rest of the suits up under the Jane Doe name to gain attention, then rescinding the suits at a later date saying that the women who filed them have recanted out of fear and don't want their names divulged.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Your entire theory seems to be based on your knowledge that you didn't know anything. Extending your lack of knowledge to everyone else is an incredibly large and usually faulty assumption.

Now I don't know shit about this myself, so I haven't weighed in because this thread is funny just to read and see all the wild theories. But your entire logical argument hinges on the assumption that Watson was an all around good dude and nobody had any suspicion merely because you thought he was an all around good dude and had no suspicion.

Please tell me how, in the age of cameras everywhere, camera phones, social media, everything we have today, a person as famous as Deshaun Watson is able to pull his dick out and jizz on massueses, and we don't hear one peep or one iota about it until some scuzzbag attorney famous for parking a tank at his house, who has no history of handling these types of cases, files 20 fucking suits against the guy. No rumors, no stories, then bam. 20 separate women. Please tell me how that happens.

Also, key point here, i'm not claiming Watson to be innocent. I'm just not gonna automatically assume guilt based on what we know at the moment.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Please tell me how, in the age of cameras everywhere, camera phones, social media, everything we have today, a person as famous as Deshaun Watson is able to pull his dick out and jizz on massueses, and we don't hear one peep or one iota about it until some scuzzbag attorney famous for parking a tank at his house, who has no history of handling these types of cases, files 20 fucking suits against the guy. No rumors, no stories, then bam. 20 separate women. Please tell me how that happens.

We don't know that there weren't rumors.  We have no idea the sort of fires that the Texans were putting out behind the scenes until they decided it was no longer in their best interest to keep this stuff buried.  

31 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

So if you are Watson’s attorney you’d want to consolidate all the claims into one case? That way, if you discredit one alleged victim, you’d discredit them all? Sorry if I was bitchy earlier. My dog, Little Bitty, passed away yesterday and she was my Dutch stone. 

The third victim’s account scares me. Just saying. 

Hey no problem. Can i get a link to that particular account/accusation?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, bejezuz said:

We don't know that there weren't rumors.  We have no idea the sort of fires that the Texans were putting out behind the scenes until they decided it was no longer in their best interest to keep this stuff buried.  

Certainly possible. And would bring the Texans under scrutiny.

Hell, there's a possible scenario where Deshaun is a predator and they covered for him. The Texans might be in trouble either way.

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

What do you want video? I’m in no way saying Watson is guilty but if it were Brady or Stafford or Carr would you be this voracious in their defense? Have you bothered to read the account of the third alleged victim? Yes the Texans are slime. But honestly has Watson via his attorney denied meeting with all the alleged victims? Be pretty simple to do. My client never even met plaintiff number 16, your honor!

Hey, is there actual  video of Bill Cosby dropping roofies?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I’d be shocked if they didn’t know. My issue is: if a hooker was raped would you believe her?
If a girl that just got her business started on any website, that was newly engaged and just graduated from chiropractic school and got her license to practice as a mobile massage therapist would you believe her?
not without video. As the Ray Rice case proves. Or pictures? Did she darken up her eye? Did she call the police? 
I’m not saying Watson is guilty my posts have said as much. I stand by them. My issue is with my fellow friends on here is what constitutes assault. I’d love a world where there was no murder , rape or sexual trafficking or abductions. I don’t want to derail this thread but guess who is the major factor in all of these crimes:
Men. Drop the mike. 

The Texans “conspiracy theory” is merely a connect the dots between how Buzbee so quickly recruited plaintiffs before it became public and shortly after.

You then look at how closely the Texans kept tabs on the personal lives, religious beliefs, and political beliefs of its personnel. Your own prediction in January about more “batshittery” to come.

You then look at the coincidence of the timing of the accusations, the neighborly Buzbee/McNair connection, the Buzbee involvement (and not originating from a single or related case, civil or criminal).

What I believe is the Texans looked to find a weakness in Watson’s personal life, as they assumed an adversarial role with each other, and it exposed a lot more than they bargained for.

I also think it’s more likely than not that Watson had his phone hacked by someone connected to Buzbee.

This means someone was out to get Watson AND there was a lot of dirt on Watson.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I believe Weinstein and Cosby are guilty. I just want people who know him and have been associated with him to say yeah we could see him doing it. That's all.

And again, the story of the lesbian who was assaulted twice will not hold up to scrutiny. And if there is one that won't hold water, then there are probably multiple others that won't either. I think this dude is spamming lawsuits with the intent of not following up on all of them, hoping Watson will just pay to make it all go away.

What were your thoughts on OJ?

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Hey, is there actual  video of Bill Cosby dropping roofies?

I think there were actual rape kits that just never got processed and that's why he is in jail. I don't think it was just circumstantial he said she said. I think rape was proven and the method he got them to "consent" was basically understood to be roofies. 

I'm 100% sold on the fact that DW is a fucking weird ass massage pervert. 

I'm also 100% sold on the fact that there is no way that in the private masseuse community/world and especially in the instagram "celeb hot chick massage lady" world that this isn't basically expected.

I'm not saying all massage therapists are prostitutes, but there is a strong correlation between sexual activity and massages when not done through a corporate entity or when cash is the main means of compensation. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

So your contention is that Buzbee and a PI committed multiple crimes and "hacked Watson's phone" to gather dirt on Watson, then contacted all these women and each one of them decided that getting in on this felony scheme sounded like an awesome idea? 
Hacking phones, get real dude. Criminals use malware to do that on a huge scale, governments go after terrorists (and it's damn hard/sometimes impossible).  PIs wait for a pissed off girlfriend to figure out the passcode and walk in with printouts.  Even then they don't actually access the phone, its extremely illegal. 

Thats not my contention.

Hacking phones of celebrities has long been a thing. It’s a massive problem. It’s illegal, but difficult to prosecute, especially when the work is contracted out.

It would make it easier to find Watson’s trail of massage therapists. Maybe they did old fashioned PI work and tailed him. But someone did a lot of work to round up Watson’s connections so quickly, then convince them to come forward and make statements.

I dont know the veracity of any claim. It looks like Watson had problems, and someone exploited it.

If we want to reserve judgement and end speculation, then perhaps this thread needs to be suspended until conclusions are reached.

22 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Thats not my contention.

Hacking phones of celebrities has long been a thing. It’s a massive problem. It’s illegal, but difficult to prosecute, especially when the work is contracted out.

It would make it easier to find Watson’s trail of massage therapists. Maybe they did old fashioned PI work and tailed him. But someone did a lot of work to round up Watson’s connections so quickly, then convince them to come forward and make statements.

I dont know the veracity of any claim. It looks like Watson had problems, and someone exploited it.

If we want to reserve judgement and end speculation, then perhaps this thread needs to be suspended until conclusions are reached.

you’re right. Watson is the real victim here...

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, immamac said:

I think there were actual rape kits that just never got processed and that's why he is in jail. I don't think it was just circumstantial he said she said. I think rape was proven and the method he got them to "consent" was basically understood to be roofies. 

I'm 100% sold on the fact that DW is a fucking weird ass massage pervert. 

I'm also 100% sold on the fact that there is no way that in the private masseuse community/world and especially in the instagram "celeb hot chick massage lady" world that this isn't basically expected.

I'm not saying all massage therapists are prostitutes, but there is a strong correlation between sexual activity and massages when not done through a corporate entity or when cash is the main means of compensation. 

right, so if youre famous and want to victimize someone they are perfect targets

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

right, so if youre famous and want to victimize someone they are perfect targets

interesting take and one I didn't really frame because typically the financial aspect of this plays a pretty heavy role. A lot of girls/guys don't like getting face fucked until their mascera runs down their face and they throw up on the floor, but they will do it for (insert number here) 1k. 

I do think that if the financial exchange was at or below market for not a cum on your face massage that would be a smoking gun so to speak, because that type of massage costs...a different amount than market.

• Hook 'Em 1

you’re right. Watson is the real victim here...

At this point, it’s a reasonable assumption that Watson’s privacy was invaded. As a public figure, he should expect this up to a point. I don’t have much sympathy there.

It also appears Watson’s been up to no-good and hurt women. He appears to have major problems and should suffer consequences if these accusations are true.

All these things can be true at the same time. Further, if the origin of the investigation is not fully disclosed, that will make it less likely that justice will be served. I’m no lawyer, but it does seem relevant on how and who a victim shares their story.

1 minute ago, Eskimohorn said:

At this point, it’s a reasonable assumption that Watson’s privacy was invaded. As a public figure, he should expect this. I don’t have much sympathy there.

It also appears Watson’s been up to no-good and hurt women. He appears to have major problems and should suffer consequences if these accusations are true.

All these things can be true at the same time. Further, if the origin of the investigation is not fully disclosed, that will make it less likely that justice will be served. I’m no lawyer, but it does seem relevant on how and who a victim shares their story.

Well, with 20 stories and a group of lawyers who’s serious about pushing this shit, Watson will have plenty of opportunity to explain what the deal is. 

On one hand I agree that he’s innocent until proven guilty, on the other if 20 people across multiple states coordinate to accuse you of shit, that’s some serious smoke.

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

OK, so you've got one!  And this is, FWIW, textbook defense when it comes to these cases. To focus on the strangest or weakest elements of one or two accusers while just shrugging at the overwhelming pattern from an overwhelming number of people.

This happened when the Michael Jackson documentary re-ignited his sexual abuse controversy.

The lawyers for Jackson's estate, along with his embarrassing fans on social media, latched onto a potential inconsistency when one of the victims claimed an incident happened in a train a year or so before it was built.

They treated this as a huge "gotcha" moment, as they gloated over the fact that a whimsical kiddie train ride with a secret hidden bed in the back was actually built in 1995, *NOT* 1994. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Rusty’s initial response 

"I want to emphasize at the outset that we and Deshaun recognize that sexual assault and harassment are not only unlawful, but morally wrong. It takes courage for women to come forward to report being mistreated, particularly when they attach their names to a lawsuit.  We do not take these allegations lightly.  However, fairness to the accused is equally as important."

"Opposing counsel has orchestrated a circus-like atmosphere by using social media to publicize 14 “Jane Doe” lawsuits during the past seven days in a manner calculated to inflame the public and malign Deshaun’s otherwise sterling reputation. In addition, the tactic of refusing our requests to confidentially provide the names of the plaintiffs so we can fully investigate their claims makes uncovering the truth extremely difficult. Anonymity is often necessary as a shield for victims but opposing counsel has used it as a sword to publicly humiliate Deshaun before the truth‑seeking process can even begin."

"I believe that any allegation that Deshaun forced a woman to commit a sexual act is completely false. And in the one case in which we have been able to identify a plaintiff, we have strong evidence showing the allegation is false. In January of this year, a woman attempted to blackmail Deshaun by demanding $30,000 in exchange for her “indefinite silence” about what she stated was a consensual encounter. It is our belief this woman is the plaintiff in Cause No. 2021-15613. (Please see the attached declaration by Bryan Burney.)  This calls into question the legitimacy of the other cases as well."

"We have received numerous unsolicited comments in the past week from many licensed massage therapists who have worked with Deshaun in recent years. These women describe him as a gentleman and a model client who never engaged in inappropriate conduct. Indeed, before these salacious claims, everyone who associated with Deshaun described him as an outstanding, respectful, and compassionate man."

"Again, we are taking the allegations very seriously but we ask only that people not rush to judgment, that people not be unduly influenced by opposing counsel’s antics, and that they let fundamental fairness to both sides rule the day. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Rusty’s initial response 

"I want to emphasize at the outset that we and Deshaun recognize that sexual assault and harassment are not only unlawful, but morally wrong. It takes courage for women to come forward to report being mistreated, particularly when they attach their names to a lawsuit.  We do not take these allegations lightly.  However, fairness to the accused is equally as important."

"Opposing counsel has orchestrated a circus-like atmosphere by using social media to publicize 14 “Jane Doe” lawsuits during the past seven days in a manner calculated to inflame the public and malign Deshaun’s otherwise sterling reputation. In addition, the tactic of refusing our requests to confidentially provide the names of the plaintiffs so we can fully investigate their claims makes uncovering the truth extremely difficult. Anonymity is often necessary as a shield for victims but opposing counsel has used it as a sword to publicly humiliate Deshaun before the truth‑seeking process can even begin."

"I believe that any allegation that Deshaun forced a woman to commit a sexual act is completely false. And in the one case in which we have been able to identify a plaintiff, we have strong evidence showing the allegation is false. In January of this year, a woman attempted to blackmail Deshaun by demanding $30,000 in exchange for her “indefinite silence” about what she stated was a consensual encounter. It is our belief this woman is the plaintiff in Cause No. 2021-15613. (Please see the attached declaration by Bryan Burney.)  This calls into question the legitimacy of the other cases as well."

"We have received numerous unsolicited comments in the past week from many licensed massage therapists who have worked with Deshaun in recent years. These women describe him as a gentleman and a model client who never engaged in inappropriate conduct. Indeed, before these salacious claims, everyone who associated with Deshaun described him as an outstanding, respectful, and compassionate man."

"Again, we are taking the allegations very seriously but we ask only that people not rush to judgment, that people not be unduly influenced by opposing counsel’s antics, and that they let fundamental fairness to both sides rule the day. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

I choose to believe these women, not the accusers.  

6 hours ago, bejezuz said:

It would be a whole lot less hard to pull off if all of the participants in the conspiracy are Jane Does.  Just saying...

19 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Seems fair and very much in the spirit of justice and the law.  

In several if not all of these suits, it's stated in the pleadings that Buzbee and these plaintiffs have filed them in part to "raise awareness" of this issue. I've seen it twice now, immediately following the gratuitous paragraph about how the NFL is notorious for its rape culture. 

I've found that more bullshit is concealed by the words "raising awareness" than almost any other pairing in the English language. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Rusty’s initial response 

That is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out objection...

image.jpeg.c4931deadfe10ffcf4540e739b131ebb.jpeg

41 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Seems fair and very much in the spirit of justice and the law.  

In several if not all of these suits, it's stated in the pleadings that Buzbee and these plaintiffs have filed them in part to "raise awareness" of this issue. I've seen it twice now, immediately following the gratuitous paragraph about how the NFL is notorious for its rape culture. 

I've found that more bullshit is concealed by the words "raising awareness" than almost any other pairing in the English language. 

Buzbee also claims in his petitions that the NFL is notorious for a culture fostering sexual harassment and assault despite lip service to the contrary. He puts that tidbit in the factual account laying the cause of action. It is a weird thing to add and might point that he might be setting up something bigger to go after the NFL. That would be a dumb as shit and get laughed out of court with the NFL's white shoe lawyers shredding it to bits.

• Hook 'Em 3