Is Deshaun Watson Done in Houston?

Vic Mackey

3 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

One thing I learned from his advice to Hardin video: I would never, ever hire Clay Travis for any case whatsoever. Not even a parking ticket.

He completely yada-yada'd over the fact that Hardin's team does not so much as know the identity of any of Watson's accusers, and then proceeded to say that Hardin needs to call Buzbee and tell him to name his figure.

Sooooo, going forward, if Watson adopts the Travis Strategem, I guess any old lawyer could just round up a posse of anonymous women to tell similar stories about being raped by massage clients, and said lawyer could then leak them to the media and sit back and wait for the money to roll in. Hell, these women don't even really need to exist, apparently. About 50 percent of pro athletes would be instantly bankrupted and the shadier side of the outcall massage business would immediately die out as the clientele would rightly fear each massage, legit or not, could bankrupt and humiliate them.

TL;dr: Clay Travis is an idiot commentator and he would be an even worse lawyer. 

lulz you think Buzbee is just making this all up? 

They are facing a vast criminal conspiracy if they were trying to do that. 

What he is saying is that these high power lawyers get together outside of the courtroom and each lay their cards on the table and name a figure, then meet in the middle. It's going to be way easier, less expensive, and better for Watson to sort this out quietly and quickly. 

If it's all just made up, they should call the bluff and go explain to the Harris County what's going on, they are being blackmailed. 

• Hook 'Em 7

26 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

JFC this.  That this even has to be explained...

Well there's this or the mickey mouse opinion

Molly says believe all women, SAS goes crazy. Stephen A Smith actually said that the Texans not coming out in support of Watson is "odd" lol

3 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Knowing who they are and being able to question them -- confidentially -- are two different things. 

So...Given that Hardin has possibly looked at their Instagrams, Watson should just immediately cave and allow Buzbee to name his price? Just take every word of those pleadings at face value. Now that would be dense. For one thing, Watson would in at least one case, maybe more, be clearly confessing to forcible rape. 

Judging by all your opinions littered on this site, perhaps you should name change to MaybeARetard

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Was he ever not s-h-i-t?

Met that cat in 2009 in DC at the hotel where I was staying. Dude comes in the elevator with his wife and introduces himself and his wife to me. 

I just politely say nice to meet you. 
He starts talking to me asking me if I watch sports (mostly because I didn’t react to him introducing himself). 
Can’t remember much more of the one way convo, other than thinking would this obnoxious blowhard please STFU.

My floor finally arrives. No luck. He and is wife get off on the same floor and dude is still bumping his gums. 
I remember thinking damn I feel sorry for his wife. 
TLDR; It’s not a schtick. Dude is really that douchey and annoying in real life. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Four professional sports commentator guys talking about sexual assault for 44 minutes total, guaranteed to be insightful and worthwhile viewing. 

Depending on their personal beliefs, it could very easily lead to someone losing their job by being too honest on-air.  Let Shannon mention that viewers don't understand how female fans throw themselves at players, and he loses his job the next day after a bad apology.

18 hours ago, Zeus said:

Molly says believe all women, SAS goes crazy. Stephen A Smith actually said that the Texans not coming out in support of Watson is "odd" lol

it was very woke how he started his rebuttal telling her she was shit without his helping hand

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Depending on their personal beliefs, it could very easily lead to someone losing their job by being too honest on-air.  Let Shannon mention that viewers don't understand how female fans throw themselves at players, and he loses his job the next day after a bad apology.

Stephen A did this exact thing during the Ray Rice scandal. He lobbed out the cringey “women provoke men” stereotype. Back in 2016 that was only good for an apology, though. Something tells me he won’t be suggesting any of these victims may have  “lured,” “seduced,” or “provoked” Watson.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Apologies for drifting off topic, but I remember on the NFL network, when the Vick dog fighting thing was going on, Emmitt Smith was on one of those "athletes on bar stools shooting the shit" shows, and started talking about how dog fighting was a lot more common than people thought, and it wasn't a big deal. They almost immediately cut to a break, and when they came back Emmitt looked like he'd been smacked in the face and didn't say five words the rest of the broadcast. 

Personally, I've always believed the dog fighting ring involved other pro athletes (some of those dogs were $10,000 or more, who has that kind of disposable income for that kind of hobby?) and the NFL sat hard on it to keep it from coming out. 

Sports journalism is a schizophrenic mix of people who will do ANYTHING to keep team access and be one of the "in crowd" and people who want to expose anything they can to get a scoop. 

Anyway, back to Watson, this one is weird, in that none of the talking heads know any more than the rest of us. Both parties are only talking through their lawyers. Your point about people getting fired is spot on. Smith and Bayless are probably bullet proof, cause they've made a lot of money by making dumbass comments, but almost anyone else can get cancelled in a minute. 

29 minutes ago, Richard Kimball said:

Personally, I've always believed the dog fighting ring involved other pro athletes (some of those dogs were $10,000 or more, who has that kind of disposable income for that kind of hobby?) and the NFL sat hard on it to keep it from coming out. 

Drug dealers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Richard Kimball said:

B21B90E7-F3ED-4CD8-9450-665ABFEE9EE7.jpeg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Zeus said:

WTF  does she want the NFL to say? No criminal charges have been filed. The plaintiff's lawyer is a attention whoring clown, who lied about communicating with HPD. and some of the lawsuits read like jokes. Or shitty Skinemax plots. 

This is why you don't use feelings and emotions to decide serious issues. 

Too many women in sports.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

I interpreted "too honest" as revealing character, but maybe I was wrong.

1 hour ago, UncleSonny said:

Fair enough. I took it to mean saying things that are true but you aren't allowed to say because of PC culture. 

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” 

14 hours ago, CheesePie said:

The only half hour of SAS content worth consuming 

holy shit this guy's SAS playing Mitch Hedberg is genius 

Honestly if these guys were heckling me I'd come over and tell them to stop they gonna make me laugh on air

Edited by Zeus

4 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Lulz so it’s ‘truth’ that the Rutgers women’s team were a bunch of nappy-headed ho’s?

You may be getting crossed up here. I didn't mention Imus, and I'm sure as hell not defending him. I was pushing back on whoever said it's common now for people to be fired simply for being honest on air.

Curly mentioned him as an example (I think) of a person who was fired because he tripped up and was honest in his racism in front of a microphone. To me that means he was fired for being a racist asshole, not for being "honest".

2 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

You may be getting crossed up here. I didn't mention Imus, and I'm sure as hell not defending him. I was pushing back on whoever said it's common now for people to be fired simply for being honest on air.

Curly mentioned him as an example (I think) of a person who was fired because he tripped up and was honest in his racism in front of a microphone. To me that means he was fired for being a racist asshole, not for being "honest".

If School Daze had come out 19 years later maybe more than .01% percent of the population would have realized he was using a phrase from a movie and not something he dreamed up on his own...