Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Stewart just wants to be the last aggy to sign, because. He’s all about the drama. That’s what you get with Stewart. Not saying it’s necessarily bad. Sometimes that can be good if harnessed correctly. See Tim Tebow and Deon Sanders. Or, it can be a cancer. 

This is exactly what is happening imo. He's either preening for attention or extracting a few extra bucks from A&M. Unless of course he flips in which case he is a true stand up gentlemen and was simply torn all along. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Ears

— I don't want to get anyone too excited, but there is some buzz behind the scenes that there might be a crack in the door for five-star wide receiver Evan Stewart. Stewart hasn't signed to the Aggies yet, and Texas commits are all reaching out to him right now. Stewart has gone quiet and it would be very much him to create a little intrigue around his signing. Heck, I could even see him pushing it to Friday or longer. Technically, Stewart doesn't have to sign and could just enroll on any campus in January. I'm not putting him on flip watch but it is something to monitor.

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I seriously doubt there is anything to the Stewart delay, but if he did flip back to Texas that would have been a helluva secret to have kept over the last several days.  

Would kind of remind me of Perrilloux.  Who was telling some recruit at Miss State he was signing with them.  Kid ended up relying on that to sign with Miss State,

17 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I thought it was 26 high schoolers this year plus 7 transfers and that was why Sark said up to 33.

You get up to 7 additional only based on how many guys you have transfer out from 12/15 on (i.e. today), so to get the extra 7 (which can be used on HS or transfer players), we’d need 7 current players to hit the portal. I don’t think that’s gonna be a problem…

Edited by Ignatius

Breakfast Bites: Where things stand and where they are going on NSD1

Mike Roach

Spoiler

Mike Roach

— It's been a really good morning for Texas flipping Ethan Burke, Xavion Brice and Terrance Brooks. The day may not be done from that perspective but more on that in a minute.

— I confirmed a report from Inside Texas that Omari Abor is showing renewed interest in Texas again. The five-star Duncanville EDGE has been seemingly focused on Ohio State but he told me he could visit if the timing is right once prospects are allowed to take trips again. Abor said it's nothing too serious right now, but he's definitely looking into the Longhorns and they will get some consideration.

— I don't want to get anyone too excited, but there is some buzz behind the scenes that there might be a crack in the door for five-star wide receiver Evan Stewart. Stewart hasn't signed to the Aggies yet, and Texas commits are all reaching out to him right now. Stewart has gone quiet and it would be very much him to create a little intrigue around his signing. Heck, I could even see him pushing it to Friday or longer. Technically, Stewart doesn't have to sign and could just enroll on any campus in January. I'm not putting him on flip watch but it is something to monitor.

— I mentioned it this morning but the talk about Denver Harris has been heating up a bit as well. I had a hard time buying in on the initial buzz, but I'm starting to believe there's something there making it close to 50/50 at the moment. Harris is possibly waiting, but as an early enrollee he also doesn't have to sign and can just enroll at a school of his choice.

— I still think Texas finishes the day with Savion Red and Malik Agbo. If you're looking for where room in the class comes from, it's notable that Anthony Jones, Will Stone and Ronald Lewis haven't signed.

— I put a pick in for Armani Winfield to return to Texas today. It's fairly low confidence based on the back and forth nature of this recruitment, but I feel good enough to lodge a pick for when he announces at 4.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I seriously doubt there is anything to the Stewart delay, but if he did flip back to Texas that would have been a helluva secret to have kept over the last several days.  

Didn’t Brooks say he knew it was Texas 2 weeks ago? He kept that secret until we felt momentum then last couple days? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Ignatius said:

You get up to 7 additional only based on how many guys you have transfer out from 12/15 on (i.e. today), so to get the extra 7 9which can be used on HS or transfer players), we’d need 7 current players to hit the portal. I don’t think that’s gonna be a problem…

We sucked. Given what just happened with Jones and Lewis right before signing day, I don't think there would be any hesitation in telling current shitty players that Sark didn't even recruit to GTFO. Can someone post that roster breakdown? I bet we could point at 7 pretty quickly based on who else would be signing.

1 minute ago, Ignatius said:

You get up to 7 additional only based on how many guys you have transfer out from 12/15 on (i.e. today), so to get the extra 7 9which can be used on HS or transfer players), we’d need 7 current players to hit the portal. I don’t think that’s gonna be a problem…

I'm sure coaches already have the 7 identified and have their paperwork filled out awaiting signature. 

1 minute ago, Getafix said:

Mike Roach

Reveal hidden contents

Mike Roach

— It's been a really good morning for Texas flipping Ethan Burke, Xavion Brice and Terrance Brooks. The day may not be done from that perspective but more on that in a minute.

— I confirmed a report from Inside Texas that Omari Abor is showing renewed interest in Texas again. The five-star Duncanville EDGE has been seemingly focused on Ohio State but he told me he could visit if the timing is right once prospects are allowed to take trips again. Abor said it's nothing too serious right now, but he's definitely looking into the Longhorns and they will get some consideration.

— I don't want to get anyone too excited, but there is some buzz behind the scenes that there might be a crack in the door for five-star wide receiver Evan Stewart. Stewart hasn't signed to the Aggies yet, and Texas commits are all reaching out to him right now. Stewart has gone quiet and it would be very much him to create a little intrigue around his signing. Heck, I could even see him pushing it to Friday or longer. Technically, Stewart doesn't have to sign and could just enroll on any campus in January. I'm not putting him on flip watch but it is something to monitor.

— I mentioned it this morning but the talk about Denver Harris has been heating up a bit as well. I had a hard time buying in on the initial buzz, but I'm starting to believe there's something there making it close to 50/50 at the moment. Harris is possibly waiting, but as an early enrollee he also doesn't have to sign and can just enroll at a school of his choice.

— I still think Texas finishes the day with Savion Red and Malik Agbo. If you're looking for where room in the class comes from, it's notable that Anthony Jones, Will Stone and Ronald Lewis haven't signed.

— I put a pick in for Armani Winfield to return to Texas today. It's fairly low confidence based on the back and forth nature of this recruitment, but I feel good enough to lodge a pick for when he announces at 4.

That's great, but I've actually met Evan Stewart.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Ears

— I don't want to get anyone too excited, but there is some buzz behind the scenes that there might be a crack in the door for five-star wide receiver Evan Stewart. Stewart hasn't signed to the Aggies yet, and Texas commits are all reaching out to him right now. Stewart has gone quiet and it would be very much him to create a little intrigue around his signing. Heck, I could even see him pushing it to Friday or longer. Technically, Stewart doesn't have to sign and could just enroll on any campus in January. I'm not putting him on flip watch but it is something to monitor.

Peering Looking GIF by MOODMAN

2 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Not sure why some of you bother trying to figure out the numbers. This staff is going to get who they want and make the numbers work.

It's basically impossible to track back-counters as well.  It's not simply the last class fewer than 25.

23 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

As insane as this sounds, you have to wonder if we run out of space for Campbell if Harris and Stewart happen to climb aboard. I might take Agbo now because Campbell still has an official visit and Saban has his in home left. Texas has used both. 

#firsttexasproblemsaftergoingfkn5-7

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Sounds like aggy is trying to close on some delayed announcements today to manufacture some momentum. Watch for Perkins. 

I know our chances of getting him were low to begin with but he and Dudley would be an amazing finish given our current linebacker situation.

Nahlin:

I don't have time to post each name. Just because a thread doesn't have a lot of activity doesn't mean the info in it isn't useful.

Midday Notes:

The Aggies are sweating Evan Stewart HARD right now, as well they should. Texas has been in contact much of the day and UT recruits are working the phones as well.

Texas is riding a Mavericks sized wave of momentum which is surely helping. Flipping Terrance Brooks was an attention getter, but big for Stewart was landing Quinn Ewers.

It's Stewart, so anything can happen. Maybe a school from out of nowhere is in contention as well.

Denver Harris is announcing after the state championship game on Saturday. North Shore takes on Duncanville yet again. He'll sign on Friday.

Announcements upcoming are RB Savion Red (2:00 CST), WR Armani Winfield (4:00 CST), and OL Malik Agbo (4:00 CST). Texas should be in good shape for each, though, numbers could become an unforeseen factor. Remember what we wrote, demand is out-stripping supply.

Three flips on NSD. WTH. Brooks was huge, and definitely caught the attention of Harris' circle (in a good way). Ethan Burke has big upside. Xavion Brice surprised me a bit -- didn't know if there would be room -- but he's a versatile piece, and more importantly for him, now a former Sooner.

Omari Abor holding off on deciding until February is a huge win for Texas. We dropped hints regarding him the other day. The Duncanville EDGE would upgrade a very strong group. It appears we'll have plenty of time to cover that recruitment.

12 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Is it enter the portal after Dec 15, or transfer after Dec 15? If the latter, then we're probably already good.

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Not Perkins....

Enai

Shemar(possibly)

Lucas

LSU tigerrant guys were saying last week that aggy sort of pushed off Perkins trying to push him to commit by saying they may run out if spots even when they can’t tell him who the DC will be..

Could it happen early? Sure, money can soothe a lot of concerns, but I’m guessing he’s sticking to NSD2

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting