Lincoln Riley to USC

Landomatic

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This second tweet is exactly what I've been saying. They've been getting steadily worse. He is not an elite championship coach, but he is certainly a very good one. Oklahoma could do worse, certainly, but they could also do better. Oklahoma has been getting steadily worse under him even while the other supposed-to-be elite program has been total crap.

Jesus this.  And a million OU fans were saying exactly this before the move.  He has a fancy scheme.  His actual identity as a coach isn’t impressive.  And the more we got away from Bob, the worse they got.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Helobious said:

If this is what OU “getting worse” under Riley looks like, sign me up.

12-2

12-2

12-2

9-2

10-2

10-game loser. And I bet he only has what, four conference championships during that time? And only two Heisman trophies? Pfffft. What a bad coach.

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Jesus this.  And a million OU fans were saying exactly this before the move.  He has a fancy scheme.  His actual identity as a coach isn’t impressive.  And the more we got away from Bob, the worse they got.  

Just remember: it can always get worse.

The odds of the next guy losing a total of ten games over five years is zero.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This second tweet is exactly what I've been saying. They've been getting steadily worse. He is not an elite championship coach, but he is certainly a very good one. Oklahoma could do worse, certainly, but they could also do better. Oklahoma has been getting steadily worse under him even while the other supposed-to-be elite program has been total crap.

There are maybe 3 coaches better than him.  He’s 55-10 with 4 conference championships in 5 years.  Crazy good. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, NoName said:

Imaging being not thrilled with Riley's results.

Like actually imagine it.

Imagine playing in the CFP, and not being able to win a single fucking game over multiple years.

Now imagine you rapidly slide down to not even competing for the B12 Championship.

And you aren't playing for the B12 championship because Texas got their shit together and steamrolled you and you also lost a fluke game.

No, you aren't playing for the B12 Championship because Baylor and Okie State got their shit together.

Now look at the shitshow coming out of Austin.

It's not hard for OU fans to start imagining that Lincoln Riley is their Charlie Strong or <insert whatever coach follows a MNC coach>

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Imagine playing in the CFP, and not being able to win a single fucking game over multiple years.

Now imagine you rapidly slide down to not even competing for the B12 Championship.

And you aren't playing for the B12 championship because Texas got their shit together and steamrolled you and you also lost a fluke game.

No, you aren't playing for the B12 Championship because Baylor and Okie State got their shit together.

It's not hard for OU fans to start imagining that Lincoln Riley is their Charlie Strong.

All i have done is imagine playing in the CFP

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

It's not hard for OU fans to start imagining that Lincoln Riley is their Charlie Strong.

He's better than that but he doesn't seem like a guy that's going to win national championships. 

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LOLz.  RC didn't even offer...

I'm sure he asked for like 20 billion dollars so that it wouldn't look like he was just bailing (was he smartly is), but more like it's on ou.
Media etc, desperately want SC or a west coast school in the playoffs to keep the interest up, and they'll try to give him the benefit of the doubt with rankings etc. Plus he has the mammoth media market of L.A. Riley just traded in a ball-busting path for screwdrivers on the beach. 
Granted, I know how hard it must be to leave Norman... HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Also PAC refs agreed to not call offensive holding on SC as a condition of the hire.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

There are maybe 3 coaches better than him.  He’s 55-10 with 4 conference championships in 5 years.  Crazy good. 

Larry Coker was 35-3 with three conference championships and a national title in his first 3 years. To make it even in his first 5 seasons he was 53-9 with 3 conference titles, a national title, and another national title game appearance.

Riley is much better than Coker but he is below the elite tier and in a mix with several other coaches.

Edited by Huckleberry

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

If this is what OU “getting worse” under Riley looks like, sign me up.

12-2

12-2

12-2

9-2

10-2

no fucking shit.  i feel like i'm taking crazy pills reading some of the takes here.  my guess is lincoln is going to kick serious ass at usc and get them back to national prominence.  absolute home run hire for them.

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 1