2022 National Championship - UNC vs. Kansas

the Roy Williams Superbowl Monday night with KU a 4.5 favorite.  Take the points. 

Will MJ be in the house? 

Anyone here rooting for Kansas because of conference pride needs to be thrown overboard.  This is akin to rooting for OU football to win it all, completely unacceptable. 

is UNC at the 8th seed the lowest to ever make the title game? 

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

the Roy Williams Superbowl Monday night with KU a 4.5 favorite.  Take the points. 

Will MJ be in the house? 

Anyone here rooting for Kansas because of conference pride needs to be thrown overboard.  This is akin to rooting for OU football to win it all, completely unacceptable. 

is UNC at the 8th seed the lowest to ever make the title game? 

What a stupid post. No, it’s not like rooting for OU. Yes, Villanova won it all as an 8 seed. 

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Of all the teams Self has had in his years at KU, this is not one I expected would reach the national finals.

More of a bunch of role players than stars. Remy Martin has helped make a difference right as the tournament started. McCormack has been good McCormack. Even Agbaji isn’t amazing at creating his own shot off the dribble. 

I know @Pancho can’t stand Bill Self, but I’ve always liked him even when he was at Tulsa and Illinois. 

KU’s coaching hires have been amazing. To go from Larry Brown, to Roy Williams, to Bill Self is a heck of a run. Many of the KU fans have no idea how good they’ve had it. A lot of criticism about him and talk of all the other coaches who would be a good replacement. Stuck in his ways. No transfers will ever want to play for him. Insists on an old school post up game when it clearly doesn’t work. Favors Dejuan Harris even though he sucks. I’m not saying that’s unanimous, but I was amazed it was even a thing this year. Of course that talk has now disappeared. 

Just crazy how much we all define coaches by their tournament success, in many ways a what have you done for me lately kind of way. Have a couple of early exits, and it’s time for fresh blood. Or look at Hubert Davis. I’d given him up for dead as far as being a head coach, and now the regular season doesn’t even matter after a couple of all time great wins over Duke and an appearance in the national championship game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Not even remotely the same. 

2 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Of all the teams Self has had in his years at KU, this is not one I expected would reach the national finals.

Totally agree. Kind of a weak field though. A lot of Charmin-soft overhyped teams and a bunch of very well coached teams that just don't have enough talent. Kansas is fairly talented and fairly well coached and that's been enough this year. 

I was in downtown Chapel Hill last night watching the game and in the aftermath on Franklin Street. It was electric before and during the game and pure happy insanity after. It will be a core memory for me. I hope they win tomorrow but nothing will beat the feeling of downing Duke and Coach K for the UNC fans.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SL Xpress said:

More of a bunch of role players than stars. Remy Martin has helped make a difference right as the tournament started. McCormack has been good McCormack. Even Agbaji isn’t amazing at creating his own shot off the dribble. 

I know @Pancho can’t stand Bill Self, but I’ve always liked him even when he was at Tulsa and Illinois. 

KU’s coaching hires have been amazing. To go from Larry Brown, to Roy Williams, to Bill Self is a heck of a run. Many of the KU fans have no idea how good they’ve had it. A lot of criticism about him and talk of all the other coaches who would be a good replacement. Stuck in his ways. No transfers will ever want to play for him. Insists on an old school post up game when it clearly doesn’t work. Favors Dejuan Harris even though he sucks. I’m not saying that’s unanimous, but I was amazed it was even a thing this year. Of course that talk has now disappeared. 

Just crazy how much we all define coaches by their tournament success, in many ways a what have you done for me lately kind of way. Have a couple of early exits, and it’s time for fresh blood. Or look at Hubert Davis. I’d given him up for dead as far as being a head coach, and now the regular season doesn’t even matter after a couple of all time great wins over Duke and an appearance in the national championship game. 

I like Self.  I even got myself to believe the rumors he was considering the Texas job because of the whole “low pressure, high upside” some of the 995ers were trying to sell.

I don’t like the ku fanbase who believes they are god’s gift to basketball.  But maybe that was just some of those posters on this website who i notice don’t post here anymore.  Then I also started to realize, Texas football fans can be the same as ku basketball fans. *ducks*

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Go fuck yourself loser - I’m rooting for Kansas because UNC fans are (somehow) more insufferable douchebags than Texas football fans when we’re actually good….

edit - I swear I posted that before I read Pancho’s comment above….

Edited by Ignatius

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

I like Self.  I even got myself to believe the rumors he was considering the Texas job because of the whole “low pressure, high upside” some of the 995ers were trying to sell.

I don’t like the ku fanbase who believes they are god’s gift to basketball.  But maybe that was just some of those posters on this website who i notice don’t post here anymore.  Then I also started to realize, Texas football fans can be the same as ku basketball fans. *ducks*

2 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Go fuck yourself loser - I’m rooting for Kansas because UNC fans are (somehow) more insufferable douchebags than Texas football fans when we’re actually good….

edit - I swear I posted that before I read Pancho’s comment above….

Most of our kids don’t know such a time even existed. 

I was wondering what happened to that Dawson Garcia kid and why he hasnt played for the Tarheels.  He was a former recruit of ours at UT transferred to UNC from Marquette, but it looks like his family is having medical issues thus he's been out since January.  He seems like a pretty big missing piece for them. I wonder if he'll return to UNC next year.  

20 hours ago, Pancho said:

Then I also started to realize, Texas football fans can be the same as ku basketball fans. *ducks*

Blue bloods act like blue bloods.  That’s why everyone else hates them/us, because they know their school will never have that history. 

So, this past year, UNC loses to:

Tennessee by 17;

Kentucky by 29;

Miami by 28;

Wake Forest by 24;

Duke by 20;

Pittsburgh by 9;

Virginia Tech by 13 (on March 11);

And are now playing for the national championship.

Imma thinkin that UNC wins by 4 points or fewer... or Kansas wins by about 20.

Watching the UNC guards against the outside shooting from Kansas will be fun. If McCormack stays out of foul trouble that will be huge. Williams, from Duke, was in foul trouble early. 

As a Pitt fan I am still wondering how in the hell we went to Chapel Hill and destroyed UNC. The final was nine points but, the game was barely ever that close. It makes no sense.

I'll root for UNC again, mostly because of the uniform colors. I don't care much for either team. I do, also, wonder how UNC would have been different this year had Walker Kessler not transferred to Auburn.