Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

Este.  I will never, ever own/wear anything that has "SEC" on it.  Only morons who like to fuck sheep and wear fake army uniforms do that. And while wearing them pull out a sword only to get bitch slapped by a band member. 

um.... need to elaborate more. 

• Like 1

Texas, Oklahoma inquire about leaving Big 12 for SEC

There are multiple issues that could serve as roadblocks to a possible Texas and Oklahoma move to the SEC, though. First, while the Southeastern Conference’s bylaws state that 75 percent of the conference must be in favor of any school, the long-standing unofficial policy has been there must be unanimous support for any school to be approved into the conference’s membership. Texas A&M athletic director Ross Bjork told reporters Wednesday, “We want to be the only SEC team from the state of Texas.” In the past if Texas A&M leadership objected to Texas’ admission that would be enough to scuttle the deal, though there is a feeling within the conference that might not be enough to end a deal of this magnitude.

The other big question is the television rights portion in that Big 12 grant of rights runs until 2025 and Texas’ Longhorn Network deal runs through 2031. ESPN, which starting in 2024, will own all SEC rights could, in theory, work out the Longhorn Network component but FOX has Big 12 rights and would not want to lose two of its biggest draws before the contract ends. Additionally, every SEC school would want to earn more money, not less, and that means ESPN would likely be expected to kick in even more money on top of a deal expected to pay the conference $300 million annually.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

More TV money, more playoff money, more season tickets sold in the new SEZ. 

The better question is why OU would do it given the rule the roost. 

Maybe -- but we already make as much money as anybody else or more.

I have to admit it would be funny to wind up back in the same conference as aggy. It would make their heads explode. And it would piss off my TCU friends, who have gotten quite mouthy with me after I've long supported their inclusion in the Big 12.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And broadly speaking, I have mixed emotions about this.  I'm a child of the SWC days, and there's still something to miss about that.  And I'm not thrilled to see what CFB has become, and see this for what it is -- the final nail in the "college football is professional football" coffin.

BUT.....the counterpoint is one that I just can't get past, because I am a juvenile, petty SOB....and that counterpoint is this raging river of dumbstruck aggy tears:

I'm with you on the first part but I guess I'm less juvenile?  Seems unlikely.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Maybe -- but we already make as much money as anybody else or more.

I have to admit it would be funny to wind up back in the same conference as aggy. It would make their heads explode. And it would piss off my TCU friends, who have gotten quite mouthy with me after I've long supported their inclusion in the Big 12.

They get to stay.

22 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Sure Kurt, sure.

haha.  as predicted they got their 2nd vote to save face...  

I can see the discussion

Bama/Fla/LSU tell aggy Texas is coming.  aggy says "No! you promised".  they all look at the 6th youngest brother like he has a choice.

aggy says "Ok but I need one other to vote no with me......please?"

the dumbass aggy AD could have played this as "it was a no go until WE/the great aggy allowed Texas in OUR Conference" but he showed his cards/ass already. amateur hour.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rip76 said:

Just what I was about to say.

If they 1) make LSU the T-day game, and 2) rotate it as follows: year 1, LSU stadium, year 2, at DRK, year 3, alternating at Reliant and the Superdome, that would be sweet as hell.  Keeps an even number of games in the home state, but when it's a "neutral site" game in La., it's in NOLA.  For a holiday that I don't give a shit about except to eat good grub, and we'd be in freaking NOLA for it.  Yeah, I'd like that.

Aggy can stay home and play Arkie that Saturday or something.

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I think its

WVU to ACC

KU to Big 10

everyone else is a crapshoot -  Tech and OSU would have to go PAC

BYU is a wildcard

ND keeps the ACC tie

Byu isn't a wildcard. Pac already told them no because of academics. The anti LGBT angle makes them kryptonite to anyone anyway. I mean for fucks sake, men aren't allowed to grow beards on campus. So they just date them. 

XII might survive by raiding the mountain west of boise, sdsu, unlv, new Mexico and maybe Colorado state. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UTEX_ME said:

lulz then there's this

This is what it looks like when you have no purpose to be a journalist, rather you are only trying to generate clicks by pissing off the fans of the hometown team.

13 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Bama and Auburn move east and Texas and ou slide into the west

And move Mizzout to the West.

15 minutes ago, DCLonghorn said:

Zwerneman on Finebaum... Said his source is a high ranking college official "who would know." "...an impeccable source, one I've relied on for decades."

Man doesn’t Finebaum know he shouldn’t use a Ouija Board alone to contact spirits? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hurtlocker said:

Doubt it would exist to join:   

1 would join the ACC

2 would join the B1G

4 would join the P12

1 would join the AAC 

1 hour ago, LTbear said:

Damn I hope they could go ACC. Just such a good fit for them. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

If the ACC wants to expand, WV is a no-brainer.  Both geographically and for it's basketball program.  

Nobody wants WVU, nobody likes them except for the Big 12. As crazy as it sounds, the ACC could poach WVU from the Big 12 right now, but nobody wants those battery chuckers. I guess the Big 12 knows a different WVU, but when it comes the the Atlantic Coast...

spacer.png

If the rest of the Big 12 decides to take a breath, this isn't all bad.  The playoff access will remain if they stick together.  And the Norman, Oklahoma roadblock to making the playoff is gone.  Even weaker, the Big 12 is all but a lock to be a Top 5 conference champ and the Big 12 runner-up would regularly be in the mix for a 2nd spot with 2 or fewer losses.  

OSU, ISU, TCU, Tech, etc., will never have had a better opportunity to elevate their football brands.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, camel at sea said:

If the rest of the Big 12 decides to take a breath, this isn't all bad.  The playoff access will remain if they stick together.  And the Norman, Oklahoma roadblock to making the playoff is gone.  Even weaker, the Big 12 is all but a lock to be a Top 5 conference champ and the Big 12 runner-up would regularly be in the mix for a 2nd spot with 2 or fewer losses.  

OSU, ISU, TCU, Tech, etc., will never have had a better opportunity to elevate their football brands.  

That conference is a dead man walking if that's who they are building around. 

2 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Nobody wants WVU, nobody likes them except for the Big 12. As crazy as it sounds, the ACC could poach WVU from the Big 12 right now, but nobody wants those battery chuckers. I guess the Big 12 knows a different WVU, but when it comes the the Atlantic Coast...

spacer.png

I wouldn’t say the Big 12 like WVU. It just knows it doesn’t have better options. 

2 minutes ago, camel at sea said:

I’m impressed by how far removed you are from reality. It would cease to be a P5 conference and would have no shot at the Playoff. 

30 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

No panic?

I'm not most Baylor fans, but I don't get the point in panicking over something I don't control. If the Big XII collapses, I'm just curious to see where it all shakes out. The expanded playoff gives a lot more teams access, so really all I'd care about is hoping we'd end up somewhere with some of the old rivals - hopefully TCU, then Tech, OSU, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Who is this guy?

18724348-D8BF-4F26-BC6A-43D4A06930E3.jpeg

A slapdick that likes to stir the pot….  He’s got a pic of the family by a curb in UT gear as his profile you think he’s connected??

Edited by Hook1997
Oh that guy, probably another slapdick lol

3 minutes ago, camel at sea said:

I wouldn't want to be at the next media negotiation, but pick up Cinci/Memphis/Houston/Tulane and win in the post season enough and you could make something.   With no bluebloods though the revenue figures will stink.

• Hook 'Em 1